• The KillerFrogs

2015 Baseball - General Thread

Purp

swimmerbabe11 said:
Has anyone mentioned LSU losing on Tuesday to Nicholls? Don't mind hearing that.
Jewst posted it in one of his many baseball updates somewhere.  That was good to see, but I suspect the Tuesday group that lost is far inferior to the Friday-Sunday group while Nichols brought the A-Team.  It's surprising they lost, though.

FrogsMcGee

#11 Louisville lost to Arkansas St today.  

Ugh, I just checked an early forecast for the Cal Poly series next weekend.  Cold all weekend 50% chance of wintery mix on Saturday.  I may change my flights to the Baylor weekend or another weekend later in the year if that doesn't improve.  Edit: Accuweather paints a slightly better picture than weather.com.

TCUdirtbag

BIG 12 SCOREBOARD -- Thursday, February 19th:
- (10) OK State 3 -- OR State 5
- Oklahoma 3 -- Wazzu 4
Kansas 11 -- Washington 8
- K-State 3 -- Utah 2

BIG 12/TOP 25 SCOREBOARD -- Friday, February 20th:
- (1) TCU 3 -- (9) ASU 0
(2) Vandy 3 -- Indiana St 2
(6) Houston a -- (30) Alabama
- (15) L'ville 2 -- Ark State 8
- (21) #BaylorTears 3 -- Kent State 11
- (5) Florida 4 -- (14) Miami 3
- (8) UCLA 8 -- (19) UNC 5

Elsewhere Friday---Tech handily beat NIU twice, Texas crushed Minnesota, OK State crushed Wazzu to finally get their 2nd win (now 2-3), WVU lost at Georgia State--big letdown, recently ranked Baylor lost to Kent State in Waco so watch out for the flood of #BaylorTears, KU beat Utah and K-State just got beat 10-9 by Oregon State. 

SIU got their first win tonight on the road at EKU.  UTA notched a home W vs. SELA.

SnoSki

From twitter

"@TCU_Baseball: Preston Morrison improved to 27-9 in his career. In 57 appearances he has a miniscule 1.55 ERA in 365.1 IP. Opponents B/Avg. is .206."

tcujsauce

SnoSki said:
From twitter

"@TCU_Baseball: Preston Morrison improved to 27-9 in his career. In 57 appearances he has a miniscule 1.55 ERA in 365.1 IP. Opponents B/Avg. is .206."
Darning ridiculous.

FrogsMcGee

It's waaaaaaaay too early for this to matter, but Warren Nolan's site has TCU at RPI #2 right now.  RPI doesn't really mean anything until each team has played at least 10, probably more like 15 games.

leofrog

FrogsMcGee said:
It's waaaaaaaay too early for this to matter, but Warren Nolan's site has TCU at RPI #2 right now.  RPI doesn't really mean anything until each team has played at least 10, probably more like 15 games.
Like you know anything about how rpi is calculated!! Haha!!

TCUdirtbag

FrogsMcGee said:

this is definitely one of our big RPI weekends -- also the LA road trip and at Tech will be huge.  Getting OSU, UT, Cal Poly, Wichita St, BU and Rice at home are really nice, but won't be the RPI boost that winning on the road is.  

TCUdirtbag

TCU hosts Texas Southern tomorrow -- Wednesday, February 24 -- at 6:30pm.

No KTCU coverage because of TCU v. Tech MBB. FrogVision will have an online stream ($).

TCU is, unsurprisingly, a heavy favorite. Texas Southern is 4-4 (2-2 vs. D1). They split a 4-game series with D2 Jarvis Christian, won a home series 2-1 vs. Jackson St, and lost at U of H 5-11 last Wednesday. They've hit the ball fairly well, but I doubt they'll find the same kind of success against our pitching. Mitchell Traver (RHP) will get the start on the mound for TCU.

GoFrogs.com preview: http://www.gofrogs.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/022415aaa.html

TCUdirtbag

Forecast for Wednesday vs. Texas Southern:

clolCGk.jpg

Weekend forecast for Cal Poly weekend series (series probably at risk of postponement, cancelation, or time changes:

Gcl853I.jpg

PQI2FXN.jpg

jg8aEKi.jpg

frogtex

Cal Poly is a preseason Top 25 team off to slow start....they got their best player back tonite vs Bakersfield....this will be a dog fight...

Purp

leofrog said:
I can't blame him for this decision bc it's reasonable to expect the series may not be completed. The whole California thing, however... Come back to Texas already McGee.