• The KillerFrogs

2015 Baseball - General Thread

ftwfrog

TCU J-Sauce said:
I like beisbol.
I really wished I lived closer to Lupton, id buy season tickets. Watching frog game in ftw is pure gold. I love my rangers too but I've decided to give up the mini-plan this year in favor of more frog games. Just so much easier and more enjoyable. Right on top of the action, You park closer for free, crack open a few beers pre-game and you have yourself a recipe for a golden evening. Hopefully a few June evenings again this year!

tcujsauce

ftwfrog said:
I really wished I lived closer to Lupton, id buy season tickets. Watching frog game in ftw is pure gold. I love my rangers too but I've decided to give up the mini-plan this year in favor of more frog games. Just so much easier and more enjoyable. Right on top of the action, You park closer for free, crack open a few beers pre-game and you have yourself a recipe for a golden evening. Hopefully a few June evenings again this year!
There really is just something about baseball at Lupton. I usually start itching for TCU baseball before football is even over. Coming back for opening weekend made me so Frog happy.

I would say that I probably love Frog football and baseball equally.

ftwfrog

The game tonight, I'm guessing it starts at 8 TX time?? May have to build a fire, pour some whisky, and turn on the old radio.

Purp

It feels bizarre to be this giddy about a college baseball game in February.  I think this is an indication of my expectations for this season and the potential of this roster.

ftwfrog

Purp said:
It feels bizarre to be this giddy about a college baseball game in February.  I think this is an indication of my expectations for this season and the potential of this roster.
I do the same thing with the Rangers. It's been so long that we haven't had baseball, opening week seems like the most important games in the world. The grind will begin and I still follow but mid-season you have to save some of your emotions for the postseason. Good to have baseball back!!

FrogsMcGee

Purp said:

I was supposed to have a physical therapy appointment at 1:45p today.  Just got phone call that my PT is out sick, so I guess I can start pre-game festivities early.

Purp

ftwfrog said:
I do the same thing with the Rangers. It's been so long that we haven't had baseball, opening week seems like the most important games in the world. The grind will begin and I still follow but mid-season you have to save some of your emotions for the postseason. Good to have baseball back!!
I'm usually different.  I typically take early season games with a grain of salt and don't put much stock in them.  I follow them closely, but don't really assign much meaning to what I'm seeing.  

This year I feel like this is a very important series and I've got this irrational hope that we sweep them allowing 2 earned runs and scoring 37.  I need to temper my expectations, but I think I truly believe this staff is better than last year, our offense is better than last year, and our defense (except catcher) is better than last year.  Consequently I feel like we could/should win 50 games and this series is an important weekend to make a statement.

Again, I realize this is completely irrational behavior, which is why I feel so bizarre about my emotions right now.

Purp

GeoFrog said:
I saw that ASU is offering a LIveStream of the game, I just can't tell if it is free or there is some sort of subscription needed.  I guess we'll find-out at 7:30pm Central.

http://pac-12.com/baseball/event/2015/02/20/tcu-arizona-state
Saw last night that it was free.  McGee confirmed.  I'm just hoping it has a playback option after the game.  I have a soccer game tonight at 7 so I'll miss the first 7 innings probably.

Genus Rana

ftwfrog said:
I've always liked that the campus police seem much more lenient on student tailgating for baseball, as opposed to football. As long as you're not being an idiot, they generally don't harass you. Makes for a great atmosphere before the start of games.