• The KillerFrogs

2012 Updates (updated)

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
What's the latest on Brian Nance, Hiva Lutui, and Sam Schomp? Haven't heard a word about these guys in awhile.

Not sure they take more than 1 lber in the class and seem to have Devall on top though he could possible switch to DE. On the SMU rivals they beat me to the Nikolas Padilla info. We know many of the admin at PE and several said this kid is not only a top athlete but a great student. All-state in football, weight-lifting & wrestling, honor student, offered by Yale, etc, etc, loves TCU. Played as a freshman with Cliff Murphy at Little Elm.

Nikolas (Niko) Padilla 6-1/272/4.78 Dallas, TX (Parish Episcopal) 2010 league MVP, and was named all-state and all-district on both offense and defense. Padilla was an all-district player as a sophomore in 2009 and was named MVP Defense and Strongest Man at the 2009 Ultimate 100. At the 2009 NUC Combine, Padilla was again named MVP Defense and Strongest Man. Padilla boasts a 4.3 grade point average and was named all-state academics in 2010.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Another name to watch but would be a tough get is another kid out of SoFla's Belle Glades, Glade Central. They really like offered S Dominique Gibson from Glade Central but also looking hard at Cre'von Leblanc. LeBlanc is 5-9/170 with a 4.5 40 and is a tremendous ball hawk. Really prefers to stay in Fla or the SEC so is a long shot but has some fun highlights:

2themax

Is TCU seriously in the running for any top off linemen? Have to say I'm a bit impressed with the Schomp kid. Have we offered Padilla? He looks like a perfect fit for what TCU prefers. I'm a little concerned about not having any off linemen commit yet. Know it's early, but the sooner the better.

IronSkillet

Is TCU seriously in the running for any top off linemen? Have to say I'm a bit impressed with the Schomp kid. Have we offered Padilla? He looks like a perfect fit for what TCU prefers. I'm a little concerned about not having any off linemen commit yet. Know it's early, but the sooner the better.

Hunt (our first commit) might be an OL

asleep003

Like your direction... our staff has never quite been in this position before and it would be human nature to get all caught up in the glitzy stuff available to us now....

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

This year there seems to be an abundance of OL, especially OTs and think we will only take 3 total OL. As mentioned, Hunt will probably get a good look by the staff at C but kid will excel at either side of the ball.

Offers to Michael Starts (may play DL), Kennedy Estelle, John Michael McGee, Hiva Lutui and Halapoulivaati Vaitai are yet to be decided. After them Are players such as Trey Keenan, Germain Ifedi, Raphael Green, Aviante Collins, Garrett Adcock, Sam Schomp, Mac Long, Boone Feldt, etc., etc.

OL is not going to be a worry. Worst case is we get Ifedi, Collins and Schomp and I would take that in a heartbeat almost any year.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
What makes you say that? He looks pretty natural to me on the DL. He is fast enough, it appears to the amatuer evaluator, to be quick enough to play defensive end...Most say DT and that is where he mostly plays. :rolleyes:

Remember he was recruited by EWilliamson and Hunt has said himself he expects to play either DL or Center. His body-type is almost the prototypical NFL center.

2themax

I've concluded that guys who sign TCU fb loi's have a firm understanding that they are expected to work hard and earn their accolades when representing the Frogs. This bodes well for their transition into the NFL if they are talented enough to be considered for the next level. Not sure UT recruits the same type of guys as evidenced by their difficulty in adjusting to the NFL culture and the demands it heaps upon them. The different attitudes could also be a result of the different cultures each program has. Just a personal observation from watching most of their former players stumble through their 1st few yrs in their new jobs(Arakpo & Ross are exceptions).

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A couple of new names, one offered, one close:

Offered: Collin Blake 6-3/180/4.5 San Antonio, TX (Brandeis) big corner offered by TAMU & Tech (was told earlier last manth he verballed to Tech but that appears to be incorrect or he decided to look around more). Visited TAMU and supposed to visit TCU before deciding.

Close: ATH Gary Holmes 5-9/175/4.32 Palm Beach, FL (Seminole Ridge Royal) speedster plays CB, RB Slot, rushed for 1440 yards as a JR and 17 TDs.

Genbukan

A couple of new names, one offered, one close:

Offered: Collin Jones 6-3/180/4.5 San Antonio, TX (Brandeis) big corner offered by TAMU & Tech (was told earlier last manth he verballed to Tech but that appears to be incorrect or he decided to look around more). Visited TAMU and supposed to visit TCU before deciding.

Alright ... another Colin Jones!

I think it's Collin Blake! Notice that Glasgow is recruiting him at Tech.

talor

It's been a little while since we gained a commit. I would expect there to be a couple more before March is over.

Also looks like the offer list on page 1 might need some updating.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Also another SoFla athlete, Stephen Blake Davis, TE started at Boca Raton's Olympic Heights as a soph and transferred to Delray Beach's American Heritage as a JR. 6-4/230 and throws a mean block. Not sure TCU takes another big receiver but have been looking at him for a while.

maximilian

Any idea on who the staff wants most from the crop of DE they're after? I know Devall and Fields are up there, but will Javonte Magee get an offer?

AggieAngst

Tcu losing some ground and momentum with DEVALL. He visited OU and they blew a lot of air up his skirt. He is really excited about playing LB for the Sooners now.

Not out of it with DEVALL but losing ground. Back to the drawing board for the 2nd commit at DE. Not likely to be DEVALL now (in my view). DE is a huge need area for Frogs in this class. Have to find a great one to go with the current DE commit. No DE's were signed in the 2011 class (Terry is a LB at Tcu), and DE is very thin with unproven talent. Gotta get a really great one in the 2012 class.

Fields would fit the bill, but he currently has KANSAS, A&M, OU, and MISSOURI as his top 4.

Magee would be great too. Appears he like Longhorns though.

Looks like options 1-3 are unlikely. Option 4 or 5 at DE (whoever that is) is more likely.

Any idea on who the staff wants most from the crop of DE they're after? I know Devall and Fields are up there, but will Javonte Magee get an offer?