• The KillerFrogs

2012 Updates (updated)

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Re: Mario Jr. is a lock to Florida State

That's wrong! Talk to Mario Sr. and he'll tell you differently. I get the feeling you like to hear yourself talk.

This is in reference to that Aggie fellow..

Flea is correct! Absolutely not a lock to Florida St.

Also, Mario transferred to Denton Ryan last year from Prosper. This was due to Sr. getting a coaching job there.

Mario was a huge part of Prosper winning the State Championship in 2008. He was just a freshman.

Gunner

I want Gray, but I can name 2 OL's and 1 DL, more important. We take the RB in Houston if Gray slips. His name is Catalon, 5'9 195 and speedy. Westside.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
One thing of note is that two of the guys we have offered are represnted by Willie Lyles (street agent at the center of the Oregon probe): Matt Davis & Trey Williams.

I think we are done at the QB position so the Davis deal is moot, but though Williams likes TCU expect more traditional Lyles clients to be involved such as TAMU, LSU & Aub (and possibly Ore).

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I heard Johnathan Gray cancelled his visit to tcu, is this true? And is he going to a UT visit instead?

He attended a UT practice, no official visit scheduled and he has attended JR days as well as many TCU practices. Not sure what the "cancelled his visit" is meant to imply but no visit was cancelled. He basically has an open invitation so guess if he doesn't make every practice then its a cancellation?

Screaming Flea

He attended a UT practice, no official visit scheduled and he has attended JR days as well as many TCU practices. Not sure what the "cancelled his visit" is meant to imply but no visit was cancelled. He basically has an open invitation so guess if he doesn't make every practice then its a cancellation?

appears jg is leanlng toward the horns after reading the above

Genbukan

JG and Mr. Gray attended a UT spring practice on Saturday. Just like every other comment the two of them have made during the recruiting process they were classy and complimentary about the visit. Mr. Gray also said that JG will visit TCU next week and a$m after spring break.

We've got an honest shot at some of the top players in the country this year --- we'll get our fair share of them.

AggieAngst

Griffin "GRIFF" Gilbert is the new TCU Tight End commit.

His brother is the UT QB Garrett Gilbert who was the phenomenal 5 star HS QB who signed with Texas Longhorns in 2009.

Apparently hordes of Whorn fans are blaming freshman starting QB Garrett Gilbert (who is from Lake Travis near Austin) for the Longhorn's horrid season last
year, and the rumor is that the Gilbert family dont want any part of that ugliness to rub off on their youngest son.

"Griff" Gilbert had an offer from the Longhorns but turned it down and committed to Tcu instead. After "Griff" turned down the Longhorns there has been some vengeful smack talk from Longhorns that Gilbert was only offered a gray shirt, and the only reason he was offered was because his brother is on the team (both claims are laughably incorrect, but Longhorns always descend to new levels of ugliness when they are spurned). To refute the Longhorns claims that Gilbert may not be up to Longhorn standards, Gilbert was also offered by CLEMSON,CAL,and TTECH and he doesnt have brothers on those teams. Gilbert is also close to receiving offers from Arkansas, Miss St and Arizona. Before signing day, Gilbert will very likely have one of the most impressive offer lists of any recruit in the State. Longhorn fans will still try to find a reason to throw dirt on him though.

In any event TE "Griff" Gilbert is a potential very big time player, with a great size and speed combination.

Both Gilbert kids are the sons of former NFL QB Gale Gilbert who was a 3 yr starter at CAL before playing 9 yrs in the NFL with the Bills, Chargers and Seahawks.

West Coast Johnny

Griffin "GRIFF" Gilbert is the new TCU Tight End commit.

His brother is the UT QB Garrett Gilbert who was the phenomenal 5 star HS QB who signed with Texas Longhorns in 2009.

Apparently hordes of Whorn fans are blaming freshman starting QB Garrett Gilbert (who is from Lake Travis near Austin) for the Longhorn's horrid season last
year, and the rumor is that the Gilbert family dont want any part of that ugliness to rub off on their youngest son.

"Griff" Gilbert had an offer from the Longhorns but turned it down and committed to Tcu instead. After "Griff" turned down the Longhorns there has been some vengeful smack talk from Longhorns that Gilbert was only offered a gray shirt, and the only reason he was offered was because his brother is on the team (both claims are laughably incorrect, but Longhorns always descend to new levels of ugliness when they are spurned). To refute the Longhorns claims that Gilbert may not be up to Longhorn standards, Gilbert was also offered by CLEMSON,CAL,and TTECH and he doesnt have brothers on those teams. Gilbert is also close to receiving offers from Arkansas, Miss St and Arizona. Before signing day, Gilbert will very likely have one of the most impressive offer lists of any recruit in the State. Longhorn fans will still try to find a reason to throw dirt on him though.

In any event TE "Griff" Gilbert is a potential very big time player, with a great size and speed combination.

Both Gilbert kids are the sons of former NFL QB Gale Gilbert who was a 3 yr starter at CAL before playing 9 yrs in the NFL with the Bills, Chargers and Seahawks.

Bonsu!

LVfrog

Feisty, who is the kid out of Everman (I think) who is being looked at by several schools? I think he's a WR/DB and I haven't seen anything on this kid, or we talking to him or is this another rumor my buddy started.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Feisty, who is the kid out of Everman (I think) who is being looked at by several schools? I think he's a WR/DB and I haven't seen anything on this kid, or we talking to him or is this another rumor my buddy started.

Horace Richardson? Kid gave up football his Soph year trying to focus on basketball, but came back his JR year and had a great season playing opposite Bailey. Varying reports on his size, but good size at about 6-0/170 for CB or S, but also played at WR. Was on the early list for TCU and has visited TCU along with TAMU and others.

maximilian

Scout Boy/Kerley Hicks at it again. I must admit, I appreciate his information and it is often insightful. However, his delivery sucks. If he just toned it down a bit, he might get more respect around here.

Dude acts like a child frequently. He needs to tone it down more than a bit.

talor

The only guy I've heard about is DE/LB Lincoln Richard

neutral observer

Here is what we lose on scholly:

1 FB (Shivers)
2 WR (Hicks, Jones)
1 TE (Brock)
3 OL (Olson, Thompson, Dooley)
1 DE (Broughton)
2 LB (Carder, Gardner)
1 CB (McCoy)
2 S (Cuba, Fobbs)
1 K (Evans)
1 P (Kelton)

We have the kicker covered so can swap that for another DL, FB may be filled by one of the current players so not sure that is a high need, same with TE but think they will try and get 1 if he is high enough on their list. Not sure about punter if they feel Cale can handle it then they can swap that opening for another spot.

I see only 1 cb needed. Another slot for safety or rb, particularly if Dwight Smith becomes a grade casualty down the road.

Here is my guess:

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
3 OL
3 DL (2 DE, DT)
2 LB
2 CB
1 S

On the OL they need a center and Hunt may be the guy but he will get looks at both C and DT so not sure how that fits in their planning.

FROGDADDY

What's the latest on Brian Nance, Hiva Lutui, and Sam Schomp? Haven't heard a word about these guys in awhile.

I'll second that. A while back it sounded like Nance might be leaning our way and now I haven't heard a word for weeks. How nice would it be to add Nance, Lutui, Fuller, Wheeler, and Devall to this class?!?!

Houston Frog

Haven't heard anything from Nance or Lutui in a while I don't think. And if I remember right, Schomp is the kid who really wants TCU, but he's down our list a ways?