• The KillerFrogs

2:30 Kickoff at OSU

TCUdirtbag

Weak schedule for the weekend left networks looking for more content, I have to think ESPN stepped up. Fox is only guaranteed the 1 placement (J-State this year) from TCU's football home slate.

No, this isn't how the Big 12 media contracts work. It's just one of those random things that Fox has always been the one to pick up TCU-OSU.

Each member school retains one game. ESPN or FOX must carry every other game. All those member-retained ("tier 3") games are non-conference games. ESPN and FOX alternate picks and have different minimums they must meet and maximums they can't exceed (e.g., FOX can't put Big 12 on primetime every week and ignore Pac/B1G as there's a per conference minimum, but they also can't put UT/OU on FOX every single week--there's a per school max). ABC/ESPN/2 have to fill a certain number of their slots with Big 12 games and then some others in their allotment can slip to ESPNU, ESPNEWS (and for UT, one in addition to the tier 3 game can go to LHN).

No, this isn't how the Big 12 media contracts work. It's just one of those random things that Fox has always been the one to pick up TCU-OSU.

Each member school retains one game. ESPN or FOX must carry every other game. All those member-retained ("tier 3") games are non-conference games. ESPN and FOX alternate picks and have different minimums they must meet and maximums they can't exceed (e.g., FOX can't put Big 12 on primetime every week and ignore Pac/B1G as there's a per conference minimum, but they also can't put UT/OU on FOX every single week--there's a per school max). ABC/ESPN/2 have to fill a certain number of their slots with Big 12 games and then some others in their allotment can slip to ESPNU, ESPNEWS (and for UT, one in addition to the tier 3 game can go to LHN).

I'm in the industry, your description of how TCU's (and other Big 12 teams non-conf games) get assigned is incorrect, the member institutions retain more control over their non-conf games than you think. To say "each member school retains one game" is in fact factually wrong.

Your general description of how FOX and ESPN handle game sharing is relatively accurate.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I'm in the industry, your description of how TCU's (and other Big 12 teams non-conf games) get assigned is incorrect, the member institutions retain more control over their non-conf games than you think. To say "each member school retains one game" is in fact factually wrong.

Your general description of how FOX and ESPN handle game sharing is relatively accurate.

Thanks for the clarification. Nice to have some input from someone in the industry.

Of course, your, dirtbag's and everyone else's knowledge about your own industry pale in comparison to our resident college administrator's expertise on that industry and every other conceivable subject.

I'll have to wait to see what he says about the subject to make any conclusions.

0131f24b9ca848feb163e1aaca80aa15.jpg

big-deal.gif

Thanks for the clarification. Nice to have some input from someone in the industry.

Of course, your, dirtbag's and everyone else's knowledge about your own industry pale in comparison to our resident college administrator's expertise on that industry and every other conceivable subject.

I'll have to wait to see what he says about the subject to make any conclusions.

0131f24b9ca848feb163e1aaca80aa15.jpg

big-deal.gif

Don't totally dismiss Deep, he knows quite a bit. Some of this stuff is truly nuance and perspective, disagreements happen.

Boonescabanaboy

Why? What does Times Square have to do with college football? What does New York City have to do with college football. Not a damned thing.

Might as well have it in a studio.

Herbstreet called it a "down week" so they wanted to go to NY.

The Big 12 may get shut out this year by Gameday. I'm glad ESPN is dying a slow death.