• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Jim Schlossnagle’s lateral move from TCU to Texas A&M is all about timing | Opinion

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Yep. Heard about this before it was listed. Didn't know Jim personally, but always heard he was an arsehole and didn't have many close friends, and that original sales price didn't do him any favors for my thinking...
Most people walking by my house say hello when we are out front. Not Jim.

Dogfrog

The house would show better with nothing in it.

Yes - IMO buyers want to visualize how their own stuff would look in there, not look at the previous owners stuff. Also, after a day of looking at houses in the past my wife would review houses with comments like - ‘Oh yea the one with that ugly yellow couch? No way.’ There’s no advantage to leaving your [ Finebaum ] in there IMO.

BABYFACE

I would have divorced her too.

My wife said the same thing. It's hideous.

Yep, shades of my ex-wife. I had decent furniture to begin with and carefully added nice conservative choices in the first 10 years of marriage.

In the following 10 years she replaced some of my stuff with our supposed need for color in the family room and kitchen.

Then we get a divorce and she takes the mesquite coffee table and end tables that I cherish, and leaves me with that ugly foo foo crap. Even a WVU fan thought that stuff was too ugly to burn.

Moose Stuff

I would have divorced her too.

My wife said the same thing. It's hideous.

I’m not saying it’s gotta be some immaculate marvel of interior design but holy [ Finebaum ]. The idea that this decor makes you feel comfortable in your home is a MASSIVE character flaw IMO. Like there’s something wrong with you if you take an amazing house and [ Finebaum ] on it with this furniture and these colors. And good god man, buy a plant.

froginmn

Yes - IMO buyers want to visualize how their own stuff would look in there, not look at the previous owners stuff. Also, after a day of looking at houses in the past my wife would review houses with comments like - ‘Oh yea the one with that ugly yellow couch? No way.’ There’s no advantage to leaving your [ #2020 ] in there IMO.
My wife (a successful RE agent) would tell him to declutter first, and remove things that are very personal.

And in this case, there may be people who think it's cool to buy a house from CJS, but I'm guessing there are also some who would want to not, and some who would see it as an opportunity to get a deal. Although in this market that probably doesn't matter. And maybe none of that matters.