• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Jim Schlossnagle’s lateral move from TCU to Texas A&M is all about timing | Opinion

Dogfrog

Never trust a million dollar listing that goes chintzy on the master bath pics.

We have helped friends look for houses when they move to FW, and have a relative who is looking to move from Dallas to FW. So we’ve spent a lot of time on those realtor sites and walk throughs. Occasionally you see houses in higher price ranges with pics online where the owner obviously took their own pics with their phone, and didn’t make the bed, pick up the clothes on the floor, kids toys all over the yard, or remove the eight empty beer cans on the bathroom counter. What are they thinking?

Pharm Frog

I think the decorating actually explains every bad coaching decision he’s ever made. How could anyone ever believe he’s gonna make the right bullpen decision late in a regional game when he was OK with that hideous hot pink bench at the end of their bed???

“their bed?”

I’m actually in the market for a house. This housing market is the worse btw. I’ve got some issues with the house. First , no pool or any yard. Second, that is a small lot for all the fire pit stuff , felt crowded . Also, no additional walk-in closet for the master. Lastly , I will never do anything but a single story house again, exception for a 1.5 story.

350 a sq ft on a 1939 house. I can build that price or at 400 a right now.

It was a small 1100 Sq ft house until about 2004 then added on to in 2009 when JKS bought it. The owner at the time is a Realtor I know. It's basically a 16 yr old house.

jack the frog

We have helped friends look for houses when they move to FW, and have a relative who is looking to move from Dallas to FW. So we’ve spent a lot of time on those realtor sites and walk throughs. Occasionally you see houses in higher price ranges with pics online where the owner obviously took their own pics with their phone, and didn’t make the bed, pick up the clothes on the floor, kids toys all over the yard, or remove the eight empty beer cans on the bathroom counter. What are they thinking?

Yep never go cheap on a lawyer, heart guy or photographer. I talked my young bride and first wife into hiring ‘a guy I knew’ photographer to document our small wedding 33 years ago. Pics looked like my dad took them with a Polaroid. We are friends now and she still brings that up.

BABYFACE

That they drank too much beer and kicked off their clothes before passing out in their bed and the kids were left to do as they pleased?

Last edited:

Hemingway

You can build for that price but you can’t do so in that location.

what? It’s got a good elementary school but the ratings on the McLean and Paschal hs are way to low to command that kind of lot value. What do people do private school? For another 25 k tuition /per kid / per year?

Dogfrog

what? It’s got a good elementary school but the ratings on the McLean and Paschal hs are way to low to command that kind of lot value. What do people do private school? For another 25 k tuition /per kid / per year?

yea, if they have kids they will either go with the public schools, or consider private school, or they will have grown kids, no kids, or will be retired.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You haven’t been following housing prices in 76109 apparently. People are buying $1MM+ houses for the lot and rebuilding. Or gutting the existing house. Pretty much insane but I’m not going to complain.