• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Ron Swanson

I think he’ll be fine just based on what I saw. He miscalculated where the wall was and jumped up thinking he was up against it, and then banged his head against the wall which made his neck bend a little bit more than one would like. Looked to me like maybe a minor concussion and possibly a neck tweak.

Crazy to see what direction the Rangers are headed as we round out the season compared to where we thought they were going in April. Who we thought may be key pieces for the future are merely an afterthought. I'm looking at Odor and Guzman directly. Not quite ready to give up on Guzman yet but I think I've seen enough of Rougie. Santana has fallen off a cliff lately but his production gives me more confidence than Odor. Solak has looked good but it's still too early to tell. Calhoun has proven he deserves a shot at the FT LF position next year. Allard and Burke look to have promising futures and figure to be the 4th and 5th guys next year, assuming they can pick up a significant starter in free agency. The bullpen has been revamped and looks strong with the exception of a solid closer. Leclerc is up to 10 saves but is still shakey in nearly every outing. I don't see Pence coming back, especially since he's missed almost the entire 2nd half. Choo still has the heavy contract over him and if they can pick up a solid RH bat at 3rd I'm fine with it. Deshields has shown improvement but I don't think he's the future in center. The new ballpark appears to look like it will play smaller in center so I may be fine with Gallo in CF for at least next year. Lots of balls in the air but there seems to be a culling of the herd right now and I think they're on the right path.

MTfrog5

I'll take Solak currently batting .321 at 2B over Roogie's .194. Move Santana to 1B. Yeah, Calhoun could force Delino out of the lineup. Maybe the Nats' Anthony Rendon (Houston area native/ Rice) is the answer at 3B as a free agent.
Think Rendon will take a ton of money but it’s something that needs to happen

hometown frog

Give woody an offseason to continue to implement the full data driven roster plan (even down into the minors) and this team will be competitive next year. Think there were enough old guard folks in key roster spots that weren’t movable this year to limit their 2019 ceiling. Guessing that changes this offseason.