• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Purp

I don't see how that was only 424 (still far). In all my years watching baseball at Minute Maid I have never seen a ball hit there.
I agree, and I think they're saying it was only 416', which is even more ridiculous. You're telling me that bomb would have only cleared the wall in dead center by 7'? I'm not buying what they're selling.

Purp

I’m assuming that is actual distance when it hit the seats and not estimated distance if it had a chance to land
I know these stat cast projections are supposed to do the math differently than that, but I've seen a few this year that make absolutely no sense unless that's what they did. There's no way that was only going 416' if the 3rd deck wasn't in the way.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I'm JUST now getting back from the game. What a ridiculously long game. An hour and a half to play the first 2 innings.
Bro it was the same way when I went to the Josh Hamilton Rangers Hall of Fame game. Jurado started that night and gave up 8 runs in the first 2 innings. Thankfully that was a Saturday night game and I could sleep in Sunday morning.

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The Rangers aren't going to the playoffs but they can have a say in who does go. Just took 2 out of 3 from the Ray's, which allowed the A's to take over the first wildcard spot and dropped Tampa to the second wildcard, only a half game ahead of the Indians.

And who do the Rangers play 6 of their next 8 games against, the A's.

MTfrog5

The Rangers aren't going to the playoffs but they can have a say in who does go. Just took 2 out of 3 from the Ray's, which allowed the A's to take over the first wildcard spot and dropped Tampa to the second wildcard, only a half game ahead of the Indians.

And who do the Rangers play 6 of their next 8 games against, the A's.
Think I saw the rest of their series this year are against teams either going or fighting to make the playoffs.