• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

Tony Lema

Ticket Exchange Pass
If we are daring to be better, why didn’t we dare to secure a higher level coach instead of settling for Dykes?
I’m setting here watching Peterson on the wrap-up show. Did we offer him and get turned down? Look, I might be wrong, but the sizzle of hiring a new exciting coach turne out to be lukewarm water.
I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am…
GO FROGS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
You’re wrong.

Frogs1983

Worked for UT with all their new coaches
Ok let's just keep Gary and his mediocre 500 record for say another 10 seasons.

Let's also continue with the half empty stadium while we're at it.

Let's have more of the Team quitting on their Coach in the future like they did this season at Kansas State.

There , will that make you happy?

Lets not take any new risks because that might have some " failure" involved.

It may also have some "success" involved.

G Mother Froggen P

I’m warming up to this staff… It will be refreshing if we land a promising DC as I do believe there is some real potential here. Regardless, I’m happy this search is nearing its end and we can being to focus our efforts on recruiting and next season. Wouldn’t be shocked if some of these recent de-commits turn to Tcu recommits.

Attachments

• FC74E4B0-0358-4B2A-8844-B5ADDFCD61D4.jpeg
    FC74E4B0-0358-4B2A-8844-B5ADDFCD61D4.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 73

4th. down

If we are daring to be better, why didn’t we dare to secure a higher level coach instead of settling for Dykes?
I’m setting here watching Peterson on the wrap-up show. Did we offer him and get turned down? Look, I might be wrong, but the sizzle of hiring a new exciting coach turne out to be lukewarm water.
I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am…
GO FROGS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!
Peterson was not coming here or anywhere else to coach.......says he was tired of the grind.

Who did you have in mind?

An-Cap Frog

Isn’t that a British TV show?
Season 9 Idk GIF by The Office

BleedNPurple

Why is the hire a double top secret ESPN exclusive? This is the most reported not reported hire in TCU history. Guess it can’t be announced until after the SMU - Tlsua game?

PurpleSouthpaw

I mean, I am as meh about the hire as everyone else, but I think it's the best we could get with the current coaching carousel landscape. You have 3 schools that are clearly better jobs than TCU (USC, LSU, Florida) and two other that are at least on par with TCU (Washington, Va Tech), all looking for coaches as well. Not to mention Miami might fire Diaz by the end of the season too.

On top of that Mel Tucker, James Franklin, and Dave Aranda have all indicated that they are signing extension with their current school, so they apparently aren't leaving. That makes the pool of candidates even smaller, and so Dykes looks like more of a safe bet at this point. I wanted Napier, but based on the above coaches indicating they are staying, I am guessing Napier will go to Florida, maybe LSU if neither of those programs can convince Riley to leave OU.

Ranidaphobia

Not the big name everyone was hoping for but Dykes its a smart hire. The coaching carousel is about to get stupid here in a few weeks with the potential snowball the current openings will create, and I guarantee there will be a handful of programs that wished they had Dykes an option.