• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

SwissArmyFrog

Here's the great 'slapping/drawing' scene from one of the fun Spaghetti Westerns, "Trinity is Still My Name".

The slapping starts about halfway into the video, but the whole scene here is just 2:40.

Frog-in-law1995

Wife and I just came across a 2 season show from the mid-aughts called Intelligence. About Canadian version of FBI trying to keep up with the Vancouver criminal underground. Really good. Leaves Netflix in late July, so hurry.

Sitting here watching another episode of this show and there’s one actor I know I recognize but couldn’t place it. Just hit me…it’s Max Headroom. Mind completely blown. Show might be ruined for me…at least the subplots involving him. Can’t see anything else now when he’s on screen.

PurpleBlood87

Just finished The Tomorrow War on Amazon. Not too bad, and action galore, wow. The aliens were intense.

Gets a bit corny in spots at the end and has what I thought were some minor plot holes (like every movie though) here and there but other than that, quite solid. I was easily entertained.

Decent plot but they worked in Global Warming.
It was a fun watch.
Took me a few minutes then it dawned on me one of the "recruits" was Chloe from "24".

PurpleBlood87

I have never been a John Wayne fan. His movies were always bleh.

I always preferred Eastwood Westerns/movies to anything John Wayne did. Plus, my favorite “war” movie prior to Saving Private Ryan was Kelly’s Heroes

Have you seen "The Searchers"?

Plus you really need to expand your War Movies.
Saving Private Ryan was OK. Beyond the opening beach scene it was bleh.

JugbandFrog

Have you seen "The Searchers"?

Plus you really need to expand your War Movies.
Saving Private Ryan was OK. Beyond the opening beach scene it was bleh.
I didn’t have a favorite until that movie came out. I liked other ones, but not enough to watch as often as I watched Kelly’s Heroes

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I didn’t have a favorite until that movie came out. I liked other ones, but not enough to watch as often as I watched Kelly’s Heroes
Might I recommend: The Big Red One with Lee Marvin, The Wind and the Lion with Sean Connery as, well, about as convincing a part as Sir Lawrence Olivier in Khartoum, and A Bridge Too Far, with just about everybody they could round up who was a Big Star at the time.

Oh, and go watch Master and Commander again. Just cause.

The "War Movie" genre isn't really about war, necessarily, but more about friendships and trust in terrible situations. "Buddy Movies" with more blood and things blowing up than normal. It is as rare to find a good one as it is to find a good film in any area, but perhaps even more so now with the lack of knowledge displayed by writers in these sad times.