• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

asleep003

You really don’t need to speculate on why he left. GP told everyone exactly why at his press conference. Star Telegram quoted him. Delton had enough. He was frustrated with getting benched for Skyler at K-State and now getting benched for Duggan and Collins at TCU. It was his playing time.

And you don't need to be speculating a ridiculous scenario/notion of Reagor opting out the rest of the season either.

Last edited:

HeidelFrog

And you don't need to be speculating a ridiculous scenario/notion of Reagor opting out the rest of the season either.
Didn’t you tell me on Sunday that you had no concerns about Deltons state of mind? It was crazy to think that he may not be motivated to play?

HeidelFrog

Its not uncommon today for players in his situation to sit out the season. Nick Bosa chose to end his season early last year to prepare for the NFL draft. Players skip Bowl games on a regular basis to prepare for the NFL draft. A lot of these players make these business decisions. It stinks for the fans but it does happen. Just pointing out that fact not saying it will happen.

BigPurple87

Just thinking of a nightmare scenario. Reagor has been banged up this year. If he decides to rest up and prepare for the NFL draft. That would scheissing suck. It’s becoming a somewhat popular thing with players these days. NFL bound kids don’t always want to put it all on the line once the college season starts to go south. Not saying that will happen. Just a thought.

Gary would not allow. Play if you are medically cleared or dont play ever again

SuperBarrFrog

Gary would not allow. Play if you are medically cleared or dont play ever again
Obviously if he decided to sit out it would be to go pro, so why would he ever need/want to play again. The Athletic has him projected as number 32 pick in he draft even with this less than stellar season. That said, I think he keeps playing.

LawFrog504

It's absolutely unbelievable the position we've put ourselves in at the QB position:
Justin Rogers- 4 Star QB- Gone
Shawn Robinson- Once a 5 Star QB- Gone
Max Duggan- God help us if he's not the guy, if we don't get him killed back there first

Only Cumbie could turn this into the position we are in now. Cant believe y'all called me crazy for saying he isn't a QB Guru. Fire this imbecile

puckster59

Whoever it is, if I’m the opponent I’m coming on every play. Zone read has nowhere to go with a loaded box, and I’ve yet to see even a hint that the offensive masterminds have built into the system the concept of hot reads ... or that the receivers can get off jam coverage in the five seconds or less before the QB is on his back.

flyfishingfrog

I'm not understanding the point. What do you mean "fared the best"? Since 2015 we are 24-20 against FBS schools and 17-15 in the Big 12. Oregon is on their 3rd coach but is right back in the CFP picture. Baylor changed coaches and is 8-0. Washington is 30-13 since 2015 against FBS schools.

Sometimes I think TCU fans don't realize we've been barely above a .500 team for going on four years now, This isn't a perennial Top 20 program anymore. We make so much fun of Texas A&M for being so average.....well, they've got a better record than we do since 2015.
and I love people who compare us to A&M simply because since joining the B12 they have a better "overall" record than us

They have NEVER been mentioned in the CFP conversation, not been to a NY6 bowl, finished in the top 10, etc in that timeframe

Yes - we tend to be a feast or famine program in the B12 - but that is 100000% better than perpetual mediocrity. I will live through 4-8, 5-7 if it gets us 10-2, 11-1 every 3-4 years.

TCU is likely not going to compete for a top 10 program every year - few programs have that ability and we all know those names. But we have shown the ability to break into the group in enough years to keep our program successful.

The question is how often does that have to happen to keep the momentum and can GP keep it going as he has in the past.

Last edited:

tcudoc

He ran clean over that guy. Then looked down as if to say, "sorry, didn't see you there"
GleefulPoliteEchidna-size_restricted.gif