• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

Froggish

Who in the heck is Grant Beucler?

Edit. And I don't think Baldwin is on a medical RS? is he? More breaking news?

Believe Buecler is a preferred walk-on from Indiana...Was a pretty good HS QB with some small school offers. If Baldwin is trying to get a medical redshirt, that would explain why we haven't heard much about him. I know he's been recovering from some surgeries but if you think he's going to get a 6th year, then there is no reason to play him unless its an emergency..

Zubaz

Believe Buecler is a preferred walk-on from Indiana...Was a pretty good HS QB with some small school offers. If Baldwin is trying to get a medical redshirt, that would explain why we haven't heard much about him. I know he's been recovering from some surgeries but if you think he's going to get a 6th year, then there is no reason to play him unless its an emergency..
Does the 4 game rule apply to medical redshirts, or is that only for the normal redshirt that he used in 2018?

Mean Purple

Agree. I keep thinking of a largely unknown Boykin wrecking shop in Waco to the tune of 49-21. Have they finished scraping that Rape U DB off the turf where Tre trucked him? Similar vibe. Quiet confidence.
He ran clean over that guy. Then looked down as if to say, "sorry, didn't see you there"

HeidelFrog

The big kick in the face will be if we see Reagor wearing street clothes on Saturday. He has been banged up. Is it far fetched to think he may not be really excited about catching passes from the scout team QB? Hope that doesn’t happen. Frogs need him. I would be lying if I said that it doesn’t worry me though.

texas_sicilian

The big kick in the face will be if we see Reagor wearing street clothes on Saturday. He has been banged up. Is it far fetched to think he may not be really excited about catching passes from the scout team QB? Hope that doesn’t happen. Frogs need him. I would be lying if I said that it doesn’t worry me though.
Uh, what?

HeidelFrog

Uh, what?
Just thinking of a nightmare scenario. Reagor has been banged up this year. If he decides to rest up and prepare for the NFL draft. That would scheissing suck. It’s becoming a somewhat popular thing with players these days. NFL bound kids don’t always want to put it all on the line once the college season starts to go south. Not saying that will happen. Just a thought.

NewFrogFan

I say make him the Qb, come up with 10 plays, 6 run, 4 pass. Slants/TE’s down the middle. Baylor has seen almost nothing on whatever they do.

Froggish

Does the 4 game rule apply to medical redshirts, or is that only for the normal redshirt that he used in 2018?

I believe in order to get a medical redshirt you have to miss the whole season..It’s not easy to get one and usually you apply for one after the missed season so I have my doubts he’s on a medical..

Mean Purple

never understood a player who had been on campus a few months being named a captain, but then again I never understood gary damn near fawning over him at times

i think alex choosing to step away from the program is more a personal thing than a statement about the program
Either way, it's just scheissing weird. The whole thing with Delton is weird.

Bad juju in the locker room?
One thing I've wondered is if GP brought him in, in part, because of some of the attitude issues last year.

I'm sure their will be all sorts of inside sources who claim to know why he left, but I doubt we will actually know why. There could have been personal reasons or he could have even just come to a conclusion that if his playing career is not working out the way he hoped, move on with life.

Best of luck to him.

HeidelFrog

One thing I've wondered is if GP brought him in, in part, because of some of the attitude issues last year.

I'm sure their will be all sorts of inside sources who claim to know why he left, but I doubt we will actually know why. There could have been personal reasons or he could have even just come to a conclusion that if his playing career is not working out the way he hoped, move on with life.

Best of luck to him.
You really don’t need to speculate on why he left. GP told everyone exactly why at his press conference. Star Telegram quoted him. Delton had enough. He was frustrated with getting benched for Skyler at K-State and now getting benched for Duggan and Collins at TCU. It was his playing time.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
giphy.gif
Post some more Reese Witherspoon