• The KillerFrogs

Who is starting at QB vs Baylor?

PhillyFrog

Assuming Duggan is out with his upper body injury.

Collins is out for the year with his kidney injury.

Rogers is gone.

That would make Delton the clear choice correct? However, I wonder how motivated he is after being passed over by both Duggan then Collins when he is the most experienced Big 12 QB on roster and a graduate transfer. Wonder how he is taking that?

Who is next Downing? Baldwin is still hurt.

Without having crawled through all 17 pages of responses, I would like to note that Who's on first.

cheese83

Obviously if he decided to sit out it would be to go pro, so why would he ever need/want to play again. The Athletic has him projected as number 32 pick in he draft even with this less than stellar season. That said, I think he keeps playing.
Exactly, if he quit to make sure he doesn't get hurt and gets drafted then I wouldn't hold it against him. Our season is lost, I'd rather see him get paid and make it to the NFL as a Frog. Highly doubtful he would quit this early into the season but if we really fall apart I could see it happen. That's just protecting his investment in himself and NFL teams don't seem to hold it against players with regards to their draft stock.

Frawg

It's absolutely unbelievable the position we've put ourselves in at the QB position:
Justin Rogers- 4 Star QB- Gone
Shawn Robinson- Once a 5 Star QB- Gone
Max Duggan- God help us if he's not the guy, if we don't get him killed back there first

Only Cumbie could turn this into the position we are in now. Cant believe y'all called me crazy for saying he isn't a QB Guru. Fire this imbecile
Watch Rogers go to SMU and blossom. Or Memphis, Houston, Arkansas...

Bob Sugar

Whoever it is, if I’m the opponent I’m coming on every play. Zone read has nowhere to go with a loaded box, and I’ve yet to see even a hint that the offensive masterminds have built into the system the concept of hot reads ... or that the receivers can get off jam coverage in the five seconds or less before the QB is on his back.
You would think that, but everyone loads the box against the academies, and they lead the nation in rushing virtually every year. Baylor set a bowl record with 645 yards on 84 attempts when they were basically without a QB.

cheese83

maybe smu, memphis, or houston but wrong bloodlines for arkansas

always go back home to lsu
Let’s see who he gets offers from first, I’d be surprised if he gets any big time offers. He has no tape except his JR year in HS and a couple plays for us. I understand why he is taking the chance since he wants to live out his dream and wasn’t getting reps here.

LawFrog504

If Cumbie is employed next year, I don't know how we can say the word "accountability" exists in this program
He had 5 choices to choose from for a QB, and maybe 1 is competent. Solid work there.

4th. down

maybe smu, memphis, or houston but wrong bloodlines for arkansas

always go back home to lsu

Now, wouldn't that be something?

LSU was hard after him at Parkway. Who knows, he may very well end up at LSU. Now that would be something, him starting at LSU. Wonder what would be the response on Stadium Dr.

In reality though, Have to go with SMU or Houston.

RoyaltyWorePurple

If Cumbie is employed next year, I don't know how we can say the word "accountability" exists in this program
He had 5 choices to choose from for a QB, and maybe 1 is competent. Solid work there.
I can only imagine the lack of responses you get are from the fact that everyone has you on block.

Again....you must be a real treat at parties.

crash813

Watch Rogers go to SMU and blossom. Or Memphis, Houston, Arkansas...

I think that would be awesome for the kid! We have a lot of young talent that he feels he's behind. Go live your dream. Now what will really piss me off is to see he go to those schools and kill it as a WR!