• The KillerFrogs

So apparently you can now buy a pass that will let you move up in line for the Spring Sale.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
is TCU this hungry for money that they want to charge its fans for the right to move up a few spots in line?

This hits me in all of the wrong places.

In the past, I enjoyed getting up early, grabbing a place in line, chatting with my fellow Frogs and making a morning of it. When the doors opened, go find some stuff and buy it.

You can still do that but apparently getting there early won’t matter because you can buy a pass and even if you were first in line, that pass holder could be moved ahead of you.

I guess they are trying to make up some o that 8 million they felt they should have received with Dixon’s buyout.

It is the new motto, “ don’t do anything for the fans, do it to them”?

I’ll pass on the sale and they can choke on the money.

If you are so inclined, and I sure as hell am, email the athletic director jdonati@tcu.edu

Be polite but direct

There is so much they could have done to make this a fun event for fans, rather than another revenue stream

You can’t even get there “early” anymore. They won’t let anyone line up before 6am.

Guarantee someone complained about being “fair” for those who can’t get there early... so now you can sit on your couch, pay to get a place in line, and come sauntering up at 8am.

Go Frogs

It was one person and just a way to raise awareness of the event.
Last time it was... those rewards are great. This time they have a whole set of new rules coming.

Just like with the hats at the baseball game. Now you can purchase your hat and pick it up during the 1st inning. Not sure how many people got to the game early to get their hat (which is the entire point, right?). I’m not sure how many hats were left to give away, but I saw a lot of dedicated fans walking around hatless and sad who had gotten there early - again the purpose of the campaign... or so I thought.

Gotcha. Sorry guys I was wrong on this one. Missed the additional leap frog thing and had just seen the 1 dude that paid $1k to go first.

Knowing that - Seems dumb / unnecessary.

I remember that and it was awesome and did exactly what it was supposed to do. He also showed up bright and early that Sat morning and told us all about the experience. True Frog Fan. I’m gonna miss those hours before the sun comes up racing to the stadium, freezing and laughing at ourselves about the crazy things we do for our frogs. One of my favorite memories.

#ThoseWereTheDays

HeidelFrog

You can’t even get there “early” anymore. They won’t let anyone line up before 6am.

Guarantee someone complained about being “fair” for those who can’t get there early... so now you can sit on your couch, pay to get a place in line, and come sauntering up at 8am.

Go Frogs
That’s ridiculous! I could understand rules on no tents, no camping equipment, even no chairs if they want. But not being able to even wait in line until 6am is just stupid! What if 200 people show up at 6am. Is it the fastest sprinter who gets the spot? If someone gets in line at 5:59am are they going to be removed by the Police Department for criminal trespass?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I wrote Donati and was respectful, polite and direct.

No guarantees it will do any good but there is strength in numbers so the more that take the time to express their thoughts, the better

Of course I could dust off Tired of Frank and unleash hell on them

PurpleBlood87

Last time they held the spring sale they auctioned off the first spot but that person went on Friday and had I think 10 minutes to get all they could carry in a a big athletic bag.

East Coast

Tier 1
VB has done great things for the university, but he is also all about the money. CDC was an expert at wringing $$ from the fans without getting them too pissed off. ADJD has now crossed over the line...

How about how the Yankees do promotions. First 10,000 in get the free merchandise, period. Sometimes you can also buy the item, but that has no effect on the giveaway.

TRF51

Not a fan of this, reward those who waited in line. Is the University hurting for money? I don’t think so. Between stunts like this and going for the money grab against big time non-conference competition in football they seem to be alienating the little people who fill their stadiums.