• The KillerFrogs

So apparently you can now buy a pass that will let you move up in line for the Spring Sale.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Good job, everyone. That makes 1000 straight days of KF.c fans complaining about something. It would be well over 10,000 days if not for the great server outage of 2016 and no one could lodge a complaint.

I think we all get a free t-shirt for reaching this milestone.

giphy.gif

DeuceBoogieNights

Lotta folks in this thread seem to have problems with capitalism and the market economy. What would Bernie's solution be?

Good lord. Nobody is against TCU being profitable but obviously many fans like the spring sale and find this ridiculous. I get it, everything is about money, but you don't have to monetize every single aspect. I find myself drifting further and further away from tcu.

flyfishingfrog

I wonder how many of you guys that complain about everything TCU does to make money also complain about the cost of TCU and how it affects our non-fully funded scholarship sports like baseball?

I also wonder how many of you were even around TCU when my dog could have gotten in if he had a checkbook and we were basically terrible at every sport?

Doubling the endowment won't happen through 100 large donors writing checks - it will happen $100 at a time across our entire base of alumni, fans, and community supporters.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I have no doubt there is a high roller dad who would shell out a $1000 to do that but if he does, he’s missing a great opportunity to spend quality time with his kids and that’s time he’ll never get back.

When my son was young, a new McDonalds was being built near our house. We’d pass it every day and when the sign went up that they would be open on Oct 1, we agreed that we’d be the first customers through the door on that day. Anticipation built, Oct 1 came around and we drug our happy butts out of bed at 4:30am to be there.

We were the first through the door and it was one of the best memories I have of time spent with him. We made it into a big deal and to us it was. For a dad to just fork over a wad of cash to be at the front of a line, has lost an opportunity with his kids. I’d give anything to have another opportunity like that with my son. Enjoy those when they present themselves. Don’t buy your way out of them

Now that is being good dad!

Not that mine was a bad father, but mine would have said the burgers will taste the same at noon.

HeidelFrog

Presumably TCU manages this sale within its non-profit status with donations driving the buyer access advantages?
I would be fine with a $5 or $10 entry fee, especially for charity. I hate the ‘sleep in and then cut in front of everyone’ leap pass. Also let the line form when the line forms.