• The KillerFrogs

So apparently you can now buy a pass that will let you move up in line for the Spring Sale.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Y’all really upset over used athletic gear? Never seen the draw for buying used clothing.
It’s not all used. Many of the items I have purchased are still in their original packing with the tags attached

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Nothing particularly wrong with this but don’t care for the look of it.
I agree

Another consideration is that most of the items being sold were given to TCU by Nike. The school may have paid for logos to be embroidered but that’s about $5.00 per item. Red Dog Studios used to do it for them.. when we became a Nike school I remember Eric Hyman telling me that the Volume and value of items was staggering and the schools outlay was minuscule

That means pure profit for the school on most everything, which is fine but sticking fans for these passes is crap

Dogfrog

I agree

Another consideration is that most of the items being sold were given to TCU by Nike. The school may have paid for logos to be embroidered but that’s about $5.00 per item. Red Dog Studios used to do it for them.. when we became a Nike school I remember Eric Hyman telling me that the Volume and value of items was staggering and the schools outlay was minuscule

That means pure profit for the school on most everything, which is fine but sticking fans for these passes is crap

I know that people of all ages desire this stuff but when I think of these sales I think about the kids. A few of them have a high roller dad willing to shell out $1000 So he and his kid can sleep in rather than get there early. Or even people with no relation to TCU. Just rubs me the wrong way. I know TCU does a lot of stuff for the community like scholarships, etc., but not everything should have a price.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I know that people of all ages desire this stuff but when I think of these sales I think about the kids. A few of them have a high roller dad willing to shell out $1000 So he and his kid can sleep in rather than get there early. Or even people with no relation to TCU. Just rubs me the wrong way. I know TCU does a lot of stuff for the community like scholarships, etc., but not everything should have a price.
I think they should donate it all to charity.

Purp

Last time it was... those rewards are great. This time they have a whole set of new rules coming.

Just like with the hats at the baseball game. Now you can purchase your hat and pick it up during the 1st inning. Not sure how many people got to the game early to get their hat (which is the entire point, right?). I’m not sure how many hats were left to give away, but I saw a lot of dedicated fans walking around hatless and sad who had gotten there early - again the purpose of the campaign... or so I thought.
I'm kinda okay with the hat thing at baseball games. Those promotions for the first 500 fans always end up gone 10 minutes after the gates open likely to students with connections. Can't tell you how many times I showed up extra early just to find out they were already gone before I gave up on the idea of caring about promos like that. At least now the "real" fans have a chance to reserve theirs. I can't imagine that's a terribly popular feature on the app, though.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
I have no doubt there is a high roller dad who would shell out a $1000 to do that but if he does, he’s missing a great opportunity to spend quality time with his kids and that’s time he’ll never get back.

When my son was young, a new McDonalds was being built near our house. We’d pass it every day and when the sign went up that they would be open on Oct 1, we agreed that we’d be the first customers through the door on that day. Anticipation built, Oct 1 came around and we drug our happy butts out of bed at 4:30am to be there.

We were the first through the door and it was one of the best memories I have of time spent with him. We made it into a big deal and to us it was. For a dad to just fork over a wad of cash to be at the front of a line, has lost an opportunity with his kids. I’d give anything to have another opportunity like that with my son. Enjoy those when they present themselves. Don’t buy your way out of them

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I have no doubt there is a high roller dad who would shell out a $1000 to do that but if he does, he’s missing a great opportunity to spend quality time with his kids and that’s time he’ll never get back.

When my son was young, a new McDonalds was being built near our house. We’d pass it every day and when the sign went up that they would be open on Oct 1, we agreed that we’d be the first customers through the door on that day. Anticipation built, Oct 1 came around and we drug our happy butts out of bed at 4:30am to be there.

We were the first through the door and it was one of the best memories I have of time spent with him. We made it into a big deal and to us it was. For a dad to just fork over a wad of cash to be at the front of a line, has lost an opportunity with his kids. I’d give anything to have another opportunity like that with my son. Enjoy those when they present themselves. Don’t buy your way out of them
Well said, my friend.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
It's all about the money. While some of us may have a more nostalgic frame of reference, and remember those "better, vanished times" the simple fact is that TCU, like all other institutions and businesses, is fully down with shaking the fans upside down by their ankles until the last dollar falls from their pocket.

It sucks, but there it is.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Not understanding why people are still surprised and taken aback by TCU finding new ways to make some extra $$$. This is nothing new and will always be the case.

AOC does not approve. She demands all items be cut into 327.7 million equal sized pieces and be given to all Americans.