• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Police

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
So I guess the Athletic Department/Ticket Office has created the "Ticket Police".

I just got an email with the subject "Game Recap - TCU Verse Lipscomb"

The first paragraph was a short review of the game and a link to gofrogs.com where I could read a full recap.

Here is the next paragraph:

"Our records indicate that you had 3 unused tickets at the last men's basketball game.

Unused Seat Locations:
Section: XXX | Row: X | Seat: X

The Horned Frogs next home game is Monday, November 26 at 7:00 PM. If you are unable to attend, please know you have the following options available to ensure Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena is packed."

The rest of the email was links to how I could give them to other other Frogs (any Frog fan is welcome to my unused tickets), or exchange with other season ticket holders. The last option is reselling them on STUBHUB so we can pack Schollmaier Arena with KU, Texas, OU, Tech and all the other opponent's fans, just like we do at Amon G. Carter during football season.

I live 3 hrs away from TCU. I can't make every basketball game, especially the weekday games. I have no issue with giving/selling to Frog fans but reselling them just so they can be bought by the opposing team's fans? No way. And I damn sure don't need to the Athletic Department sending me a condescending email telling me I didn't use my tickets last night.
That is crap and I would raise hell about it

HFrog12

I do not see anything wrong with this email. I live 4 hours away and have 2 season tickets. Tbh I didn’t go to a single basketball game last year and have yet to go this year because I have a young family. But I always go out of my way to get someone in my seats. I basically subsidize the program. I have given away more free seats than I care to do. But I want to support the program and have the ability to go if I am able.

I do not see anything wrong with someone buying season tickets as long as they make an effort to get them used if they can’t attend. I struggle taking a hit on the tickets but I would way rather a frog, who I have never met, use my tickets than have them go to waste.

NavyFrog

Navy, I don’t think the email was a negative tone. I kind of like the options laid out for unused tickets. It is a good thing imo.

I don’t think you are the target but rather a percentage of ticket holders that buy season tickets for multiple sports because they think they are supporting these programs but may only attend a handful of games. That thinking was true at one time, but not now. Nothing more frustrating seeing season ticket seats at Lupton empty all the time and people buying plenty of GA because reserved are gone. There is a waiting list for baseball season tickets.

If you can’t go to a game, there are plenty here that would love to use your seats for a game. You can transfer your tickets to them for a particular game at no cost to you thru the Go Frogs site.

Babyface, I don't think I am a target and you are right, I am a season ticket holder that because of changes to my job the last couple of years hasn't been able to attend as many games as I use too. Because of that, should I give up my season tickets?

I have transferred my tickets to frog fans a number of times. I get what the school is trying to do but it is missing the mark. If I put my unused basketball tickets out there on StubHub or public ticket exchange, I guarantee you 9 times out of 10 those tickets are bought by opposing fans and not TCU fans. I don't believe that is the point of this campaign to fill Schollemeier. As another poster said, the tickets need to get into the right hands, i.e. a Frog Fan.

All that said, I don't need the ticket office to tell me I didn't use my tickets and that I should make them available to anyone. It's none of their business.

YA

Babyface, I don't think I am a target and you are right, I am a season ticket holder that because of changes to my job the last couple of years hasn't been able to attend as many games as I use too. Because of that, should I give up my season tickets?

I have transferred my tickets to frog fans a number of times. I get what the school is trying to do but it is missing the mark. If I put my unused basketball tickets out there on StubHub or public ticket exchange, I guarantee you 9 times out of 10 those tickets are bought by opposing fans and not TCU fans. I don't believe that is the point of this campaign to fill Schollemeier. As another poster said, the tickets need to get into the right hands, i.e. a Frog Fan.

All that said, I don't need the ticket office to tell me I didn't use my tickets and that I should make them available to anyone. It's none of their business.
Lol. You mad!!

Don’t take it so damn personal. A lot of people got these emails today. Go to the games or give them away. You don’t have to make a profit. I have never sold my tickets to any sport and lost money each time. You can do the same.

BABYFACE

Don’t ever give your season tickets up. I agree with you on the Stubhub thing. But where I differ, is there some ticket holders out there that seldom use their seats. For those individuals, I don’t mind the ticket office reaching out.

Navy, you are a good Frog. That is the impression I have always had of you.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Lol. You mad!!

Don’t take it so damn personal. A lot of people got these emails today. Go to the games or give them away. You don’t have to make a profit. I have never sold my tickets to any sport and lost money each time. You can do the same.
he should take it personally. He has done nothing but support the school but to be called out because he couldn't attend a game, screw them.

Its none of their business and how dare they call him out.

I'm pissed off with him

flyfishingfrog

he should take it personally. He has done nothing but support the school but to be called out because he couldn't attend a game, screw them.

I'm pissed off with him
How is it none of their business?

Was the schools only responsibility selling out the season tickets?

So really then everyone shut up about attendance forvever - because we sold out the big 3

Who cares if no one comes at all - tcu did their job and got the money!

Sorry - it’s a contract you made with the school- they sold you tickets and limited their ability to sell them to others- you paid for them and agreed to support the team by getting butts in seats

We are way passed the “doing the school a favor” thing

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I normally sit in the 200's at basketball games. I sat in clubs seats the last game. Had an extra and tried to give it away. No one took the offer.

If tickets are going unused, let others use them to be closer to the action and create a better environment.

JMO

Ron Swanson

I'm pissed off with him
They aren’t “calling him out”, they are trying to help him figure out a way to use the tickets if he won’t be using them.

They are not only giving him a way to give them away or trade them, they’re even giving him an option to sell them for a profit if he ops for that direction.

They are literally giving him every single option possible to help him use the tickets if he will not be using them. There is zero wrong with what they are doing

HG73

Kudos to AD Donati. Please apply this to FB. This and beer at the game will turn our program around next year.

Navy, the last thing AD was trying to do was piss you off. Anybody who buys season tickets to BB and lives 3 hours away should be knighted by the queen and put on the BOR.

The AD is working hard and this is a good idea IMO.

Froglaw

So I guess the Athletic Department/Ticket Office has created the "Ticket Police".

I just got an email with the subject "Game Recap - TCU Verse Lipscomb"

The first paragraph was a short review of the game and a link to gofrogs.com where I could read a full recap.

Here is the next paragraph:

"Our records indicate that you had 3 unused tickets at the last men's basketball game.

Unused Seat Locations:

The Horned Frogs next home game is Monday, November 26 at 7:00 PM. If you are unable to attend, please know you have the following options available to ensure Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena is packed."

The rest of the email was links to how I could give them to other other Frogs (any Frog fan is welcome to my unused tickets), or exchange with other season ticket holders. The last option is reselling them on STUBHUB so we can pack Schollmaier Arena with KU, Texas, OU, Tech and all the other opponent's fans, just like we do at Amon G. Carter during football season.

I live 3 hrs away from TCU. I can't make every basketball game, especially the weekday games. I have no issue with giving/selling to Frog fans but reselling them just so they can be bought by the opposing team's fans? No way. And I damn sure don't need to the Athletic Department sending me a condescending email telling me I didn't use my tickets last night.

Ban NavyFrog!

Put his granddaughter in charge of TCU activities for all future event.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Doesn’t sound condescending, sounds like they’re trying to give TCU fans a nudge who might not know their options (or had just never thought of it before).

They just want as many people in the arena as possible
Then just send an email saying “ if you cannot go to a game then donate your tickets “......then mention how to do it.

Don’t send a season ticket holder and donor, an email telling them that they didn’t use seats x,y and z.

That’s a little too big brother-ish