• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Police

NavyFrog

So I guess the Athletic Department/Ticket Office has created the "Ticket Police".

I just got an email with the subject "Game Recap - TCU Verse Lipscomb"

The first paragraph was a short review of the game and a link to gofrogs.com where I could read a full recap.

Here is the next paragraph:

"Our records indicate that you had 3 unused tickets at the last men's basketball game.

Unused Seat Locations:
Section: XXX | Row: X | Seat: X

The Horned Frogs next home game is Monday, November 26 at 7:00 PM. If you are unable to attend, please know you have the following options available to ensure Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena is packed."

The rest of the email was links to how I could give them to other other Frogs (any Frog fan is welcome to my unused tickets), or exchange with other season ticket holders. The last option is reselling them on STUBHUB so we can pack Schollmaier Arena with KU, Texas, OU, Tech and all the other opponent's fans, just like we do at Amon G. Carter during football season.

I live 3 hrs away from TCU. I can't make every basketball game, especially the weekday games. I have no issue with giving/selling to Frog fans but reselling them just so they can be bought by the opposing team's fans? No way. And I damn sure don't need to the Athletic Department sending me a condescending email telling me I didn't use my tickets last night.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So I guess the Athletic Department/Ticket Office has created the "Ticket Police".

The first paragraph was a short review of the game and a link to gofrogs.com where I could read a full recap.

"Our records indicate that you had 3 unused tickets at the last men's basketball game.

Unused Seat Locations:

The Horned Frogs next home game is Monday, November 26 at 7:00 PM. If you are unable to attend, please know you have the following options available to ensure Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena is packed."

The rest of the email was links to how I could give them to other other Frogs (any Frog fan is welcome to my unused tickets), or exchange with other season ticket holders. The last option is reselling them on STUBHUB so we can pack Schollmaier Arena with KU, Texas, OU, Tech and all the other opponent's fans, just like we do at Amon G. Carter during football season.

I live 3 hrs away from TCU. I can't make every basketball game, especially the weekday games. I have no issue with giving/selling to Frog fans but reselling them just so they can be bought by the opposing team's fans? No way. And I damn sure don't need to the Athletic Department sending me a condescending email telling me I didn't us my tickets last night.
Part of your problem is you bought three tickets all with the same section, row and seat number. You got hornswaggled on that purchase.

cheese83

Fa
Doesn’t sound condescending, sounds like they’re trying to give TCU fans a nudge who might not know their options (or had just never thought of it before).

They just want as many people in the arena as possible

Exactly not sure how that’s condescending. If anything I’m glad to see they’re trying to do something. Nothing worse than a sporadically populated arena bc of our ticketing policies. Kills all home advantage, hope they do this for football too.
I bet a bunch of people just buy hoops season tickets for priority points so they can move up in football then use at their leisure. I believe half our home games are weekday games, so purchasing season tickets when you live 3 hours away doesn’t make a lot of sense unless you’ve got friends & family nearby who use them. I’m sure you’re not alone either, but the program & team benefit more from consistent attendance along w a great atmosphere. Do you want to help work towards that?

ftwfrog

This is awesome!! ADJD being proactive, and yes, we need to absolutely do this for basketball and baseball. The best seats are usually unused.

Have the resale option thru TCU, so only fans can purchase. All season ticket holders get an email with an option to purchase last minute tickets at half the cost. It would fill up some more seats for the Tuesday’s vs Lipscomb. Like they say, pack the place.

froginmn

Unused Seat Locations:

I live 3 hrs away from TCU. I can't make every basketball game, especially the weekday games. I have no issue with giving/selling to Frog fans but reselling them just so they can be bought by the opposing team's fans? No way. And I damn sure don't need to the Athletic Department sending me a condescending email telling me I didn't us my tickets last night.
Regardless of anything else, thanks for spending your hard earned money to support the program. Would of course be better if you could attend, for your benefit and for that of the atmosphere, but that's what the TCU email seemed to be about. Don't stop buying tickets, though; that would create a different problem.

flyfishingfrog

Unused Seat Locations:

Wow - really? You reaction sucks to be direct

I have no problem with you buying season tickets three hours away - assuming you find a way to fill your seats when you aren’t using them

To get offended because the school is trying to get our fan support higher - it sucked every home game this year from a butts in seats perspective- is ridiculous

They have a responsibility to get the stadium and arena packed to support our teams - you have a responsibility to get someone in yours seats if you are going to buy season tickets

SnoSki

I am glad the email was sent. It’s not aggressive or negative in tone. I think it’s clear what the intention is - it uses facts as the basis to politely ask fans to sell/give the tickets to someone that will use them.

In short, TCU is past the point as a program where just having the seat sold is good enough. That type of program is who we were for decades but it’s no longer the case. We need butts in seats also.

On that note, OP, I’d happily take any unused tickets you have for any b-ball game. I know several locals who love the frogs and would gladly go and cheer loudly if given the opportunity.

Big Frog II

Sometimes on basketball and baseball, my family decides to go or cancel at the last minute. Kind of hard to plan ahead that way. However, I do like this approach and will try to help fill all seats as long as they are not opponents.

Bob Sugar

I find it ironic that there is a major outcry on this site about folks listing tickets on Stubhub, yet this site charges a membership to even post about giving away free tickets or selling them to known TCU fans.

On a related note, I have 3 tickets in the SEZ for OSU, if anyone is interested. Just PM me.

BABYFACE

Navy, I don’t think the email was a negative tone. I kind of like the options laid out for unused tickets. It is a good thing imo.

I don’t think you are the target but rather a percentage of ticket holders that buy season tickets for multiple sports because they think they are supporting these programs but may only attend a handful of games. That thinking was true at one time, but not now. Nothing more frustrating seeing season ticket seats at Lupton empty all the time and people buying plenty of GA because reserved are gone. There is a waiting list for baseball season tickets.

If you can’t go to a game, there are plenty here that would love to use your seats for a game. You can transfer your tickets to them for a particular game at no cost to you thru the Go Frogs site.

MTfrog5

Navy, I don’t think the email was a negative tone. I kind of like the options laid out for unused tickets. It is a good thing imo.

I don’t think you are the target but rather a percentage of ticket holders that buy season tickets for multiple sports because they think they are supporting these programs but may only attend a handful of games. That thinking was true at one time, but not now. Nothing more frustrating seeing season ticket seats at Lupton empty all the time and people buying plenty of GA because reserved are gone. There is a waiting list for baseball season tickets.

If you can’t go to a game, there are plenty here that would love to use your seats for a game. You can transfer your tickets to them for a particular game at no cost to you thru the Go Frogs site.
I think baseball will have the biggest impact with what Donati is trying to implement if everything goes as planned. Gets more people in reserve sections and closer to the playing field.