• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Police

Purp

You must not have been there last year. I was at every game - place was packed most every game. Lipscomb was first game missed in 3 seasons.

Don’t know about anybody else but I’m busy as hell right now with work.

That little note from them would have led to a conversation about football ticket upgrades.
No way. We were at about half the games last year and I don't remember more than a couple games that were packed. Your definition of packed must be relative to the last 15 years including the temporary shift to the Wilk.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I haven’t missed a home basketball game in 8 years with the exception of during my chemo 5 years ago

With the exception of some of the big conference games we had a lot of empty seats every home game last year, especially before conference began

To the point that our head coach spent about a month mentioning it at every press conference

As long as buying season tickets and not using the tickets is acceptable-for whatever reason-we will never be as big time as we all like to think we are...
I’d be willing to bet I could pull up game threads from non-con last year and a major complaint would be poor attendance.

Boomhauer

Wes, you HAVE to know the intent of that email was 110% directed at getting seats filled and offering fans an outlet for unused tickets. I guess it could have been worded a little better but it was 110% innocent. I respect the hell out of you and agree with 99% of what you’ve ever posted (including that time in 1995 when Tired told me to go scheiss myself) but I’m thoroughly confused by your reaction to this.

Liked for the callback to Tired. Wes must have been no holds barred back in the day.

froginmn

This thread simply shows that there are people with vastly different perspectives on things. Both sides should be entitled to their opinions.

Personally, while it might leave some empty seats, I'm more libertarian and say that if someone wants to pay the school $1,000 it's up to them as to how they want to spend their gamedays (exception of Peace's wife). I'd rather they fill the seats, but I don't think we should chase away any season ticket holder.

Frogk

This is a step in the right direction. The method and alternatives will improve with experience. I find that people who are given tickets may not use them as they did not want them enough to buy. I think informing us of non used tickets will let us know those who we have given them to may not be a good choice going forward. Why not talk directly with the season ticket holder who is not using their tickets and see if these seats can be made available to those who want good seating which is not available because of allocation allowances.

Moose Stuff

Please elaborate.

So in typical Moose Stuff fashion I used maybe my first post ever on the old forum to tell Wes/Tired that perhaps we didn’t need fans like him (he was complaining about spending his Saturdays watching Pat Sullivan’s squad attempt to play football and questioning if perhaps there was a better way to spend the day). He did not agree with my assessment of the situation.

jake102

This thread is exhibit A why we will ALWAYS have problems as a fan base. No matter what the admin does or what their intent is some faction of fans will always believe it was maliciously directed right at them. I’ve SMH’ed at many things on here over the years but this one might top them all.

No joke. Haven't been on KF since this was on page 1, show up today to find this thread. Remarkable anyone can have a problem with this effort by the Athletic Department.

frogs9497

So in typical Moose Stuff fashion I used maybe my first post ever on the old forum to tell Wes/Tired that perhaps we didn’t need fans like him (he was complaining about spending his Saturdays watching Pat Sullivan’s squad attempt to play football and questioning if perhaps there was a better way to spend the day). He did not agree with my assessment of the situation.

I've been on here approaching 15 years, which seems like forever. It's sort of mind-boggling that some of you guys have been on here since the mid-90s.

Moose Stuff

I've been on here approaching 15 years, which seems like forever. It's sort of mind-boggling that some of you guys have been on here since the mid-90s.
I feel like it was 1996 that I found this place. Vaguely remember seeing a FWST article that had mentioned it and thought I’d check it out. 22 years later I’m not sure it was the best decision I ever made. :cool:

Brog

Just goes to prove that even a great idea like this email will have opposition.

I swear they could announce free beer next year at games and people would [ hundin] about it.

Nice job Donati, keep up the good work.

And always ironical that some of us complain about people who complain.

Chico Dusty

The message of this email is a simple concept - and feel some are getting caught on a message that TCU is not delivering - and that is, they are not telling you what to do with your tickets / they are not making you feel bad for not using your tickets. If you received the email, you are a season ticket holder, which makes for a good probability that you support the team/school and want the best for the greater good. It's just a helpful email saying...hey if you can't make the game and want to help out the team, here are some options. It's a helpful assist to a layup of ways you can get your unused tix into the hands of someone that wants to go.

And now back to TX after a few days in Boston freezing my ass off!

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
It's not hard for TCU to see what seats are not being used at football, basketball and baseball games. At the events, they scan the ticket. It is used. No scan, it wasn't used. See a pattern of unused tickets, send an email letting people know there are options to have people sit in those seats if you are not using them. No. Big. Deal.

It's interesting - Paciolan has had this capability for years... I've always wondered why it wasn't used. Next year a lot of the larger schools are embedding chips in people's wrists and they will be tracking stadium traffic patterns to maximize profits.

BleedNPurple

Take it another step further - TCU also knows what time you checked in. All those not checked in tonight by kickoff get a “Tail Gate Admonishment” email and if you don’t check in at all you lose priority points for next year.

I’m sure this will help season ticket sales.