• The KillerFrogs

Ticket Police

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Kudos to AD Donati. Please apply this to FB. This and beer at the game will turn our program around next year.

Navy, the last thing AD was trying to do was piss you off. Anybody who buys season tickets to BB and lives 3 hours away should be knighted by the queen and put on the BOR.

The AD is working hard and this is a good idea IMO.
You and I part company on this. Donati is doing a great job but this cioukd have been handled in a better way than “we’re tracking your ass “

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Then just send an email saying “ if you cannot go to a game then donate your tickets “......then mention how to do it.

Don’t send a season ticket holder and donor, an email telling them that they didn’t use seats x,y and z.

That’s a little too big brother-ish

The only thing wrong with this email is the angle you bring up about solving the problem if TCU offers a clearing house that people needing ticketsproblem solved.

Moose Stuff

Babyface, I don't think I am a target and you are right, I am a season ticket holder that because of changes to my job the last couple of years hasn't been able to attend as many games as I use too. Because of that, should I give up my season tickets?

I have transferred my tickets to frog fans a number of times. I get what the school is trying to do but it is missing the mark. If I put my unused basketball tickets out there on StubHub or public ticket exchange, I guarantee you 9 times out of 10 those tickets are bought by opposing fans and not TCU fans. I don't believe that is the point of this campaign to fill Schollemeier. As another poster said, the tickets need to get into the right hands, i.e. a Frog Fan.

All that said, I don't need the ticket office to tell me I didn't use my tickets and that I should make them available to anyone. It's none of their business.

You’re trying WAY too hard to be offended.

JugbandFrog

Nobody “called him out”. I’m astonished people are taking offense to this.
It is their business. The school is trying to build a program, and a program is not built with an empty arena/stadiums.

Recruits want more than just good coaching and a winning team, they want a winning atmosphere.

If people don’t like being called out for not having butts in the seats, then they can take their prissy butts and not renew and sit at home.

Moose Stuff

It is their business. The school is trying to build a program, and a program is not built with an empty arena/stadiums.

Recruits want more than just good coaching and a winning team, they want a winning atmosphere.

If people don’t like being called out for not having butts in the seats, then they can take their prissy butts and not renew and sit at home.

Perhaps more harsh than I would have stated it...... but yes.

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Then just send an email saying “ if you cannot go to a game then donate your tickets “......then mention how to do it.

Don’t send a season ticket holder and donor, an email telling them that they didn’t use seats x,y and z.

I only used three of my four tickets. Got same email. Don’t care. The email did not say use them or lose them. It wasn’t a threat. It provided information that I could easily choose to ignore about how to get my tickets in others’ hands if I can’t or won’t use them. It was the least offensive email I received all day. Even the one from my church was more offensive.

Anyone opposed to this should also no longer complain about attendance. Can’t have it both ways.

BleedNPurple

I agree! I've had my season tickets forever - could not make the Lipscomb game nor do I have time to jack around and find somebody to go. I have given my seats away many times to frog fans and will when convenient. I quit buying my 4 season baseball tickets because I can only make about 5 games out of 28 home games or whatever. I spent entire seasons trying to give away 4 TCU tickets.

The atheletic department got the revenue. When conference starts that place will be rocking. The students are out on T Day break and so is everyone else. It's always light attendance during holidays. Glad they didn't send me that note because it would have backfired on them.

flyfishingfrog

I agree! I've had my season tickets forever - could not make the Lipscomb game nor do I have time to jack around and find somebody to go. I have given my seats away many times to frog fans and will when convenient. I quit buying my 4 season baseball tickets because I can only make about 5 games out of 28 home games or whatever. I spent entire seasons trying to give away 4 TCU tickets.

The atheletic department got the revenue. When conference starts that place will be rocking. The students are out on T Day break and so is everyone else. It's always light attendance during holidays. Glad they didn't send me that note because it would have backfired on them.
Attendance sucked before the holiday including opening night and frankly with only a handful of exceptions was not great last year

MTfrog5

I only used three of my four tickets. Got same email. Don’t care. The email did not say use them or lose them. It wasn’t a threat. It provided information that I could easily choose to ignore about how to get my tickets in others’ hands if I can’t or won’t use them. It was the least offensive email I received all day. Even the one from my church was more offensive.

Anyone opposed to this should also no longer complain about attendance. Can’t have it both ways.
I’ll take your 4th ticket for the Kansas game. Thanks

HG73

You and I part company on this. Donati is doing a great job but this cioukd have been handled in a better way than “we’re tracking your ass “
"Achtung season ticket holder: You vill use your tickets or der fuhrer vill ship you the concentration camp. In Waco."

netty2424

I see no issues with the email at all. It’s an effort to get butts in seats. I think adding your section/seat numbers is just validating the email is going to the correct recipient of the email.

Now, if TCU is re-selling the tickets being turned in by season ticket holders? Major issue with that. But I don’t think that’s the case at all based on the email.

Moose Stuff

LMAO.....How exactly would it have backfired? I’m sure your tersely worded email would have sent shivers down their spine.

This thread is exhibit A why we will ALWAYS have problems as a fan base. No matter what the admin does or what their intent is some faction of fans will always believe it was maliciously directed right at them. I’ve SMH’ed at many things on here over the years but this one might top them all.