• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

Ron Swanson

Whatever the OST motivation, this leave of absence business shut down some snarky self-righteous crap at Sicem365. To answer the Baylor self-serving rhetorical question of tonight, it took Ohio State about 8 hours to do the right thing.
I wouldn’t go that far yet... they likely are doing this to buy themselves some time and hope it blows over, and then just give him some mild punishment for PR purposes

CryptoMiner

The policy clearly states on page 4 that it applies to alleged sexual misconduct that occurs on university property or at university-sponsored events regardless of location. It further states that it may apply to sexual misconduct that occurs off-campus when the OSU Title IX director determines that the alleged sexual misconduct could reasonably create a hostile work environment.

Do you believe the US Congress left it to the Title IX director at Ohio State University to decide what was and wasn’t a violation of federal law? Because I don’t believe that. In addition, some schools (UT Dallas, for example...it was the first one that popped up on a google search) have a Title IX policy that only requires reporting off campus conduct if it “potentially affects the complainant’s education or employment with the university.” Yet this is also compliant.

Yes it is exactly the Title IX's director job to determine what are Title IX violations. Seriously you can't be this dense and just trying to get a rise out of people, right?

You forgot to mention the policies on domestic violence. They clearly state they must be reported if committed by an employee of the university.

Purp

Not sure why you so badly want to be a [ profanity ] about this.

Title IX applies to universities that receive federal funding
tOSU is a university
tOSU receives federal funding
Therefore title IX applies to tOSU

North haven v bell determined that title IX applies to faculty and staff
Zach Smith was on staff at tOSU
Therefore, title IX applies to Zach Smith

Title IX applies to cases of relationship violence
Zach Smith was in a relationship with Courtney Smith
Zach Smith beat the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of Courtney Smith
Beating the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of someone is violence
Therefore, beating the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of someone you are in a relationship with is relationship violence
Therefore, title IX probably applies to Zach Smith's actions
Shelley Meyer and possibly Urban knew about domestic violence allegations and didn't report this
Failure to report allegations of domestic violence against a university employee violates university policy in complying with title IX

For some dumb reason you are acting like a ten year old saying you can't see how title IX applies.

Don't go full Aggie.
I always understood T9 to protect victims only. If the victim isn't/wasn't a student or employee of the federally funded university then T9 wouldn't be pertinent as I understand it. I suspect that's what FiL is saying. The way you're framing it a player/coach at tOSU could beat his girlfriend (non a student or employee at tOSU)/wife (not a student or employee at tOSU) mercilessly on a ski trip to Colorado. Once another coach/university employee found out about it that individual would be required by T9 to report it bc the offending player/coach was affiliated with the football program. I've just never understood T9 that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

froginmn

The policy clearly states on page 4 that it applies to alleged sexual misconduct that occurs on university property or at university-sponsored events regardless of location. It further states that it may apply to sexual misconduct that occurs off-campus when the OSU Title IX director determines that the alleged sexual misconduct could reasonably create a hostile work environment.

Do you believe the US Congress left it to the Title IX director at Ohio State University to decide what was and wasn’t a violation of federal law? Because I don’t believe that. In addition, some schools (UT Dallas, for example...it was the first one that popped up on a google search) have a Title IX policy that only requires reporting off campus conduct if it “potentially affects the complainant’s education or employment with the university.” Yet this is also compliant.
Page 3: domestic violence is a form of sexual assault
Page 6: faculty members have a responsibility to report all other incidents of sexual misconduct

Shelley was a faculty member

There is a clear violation of policy by her if not him.

CryptoMiner

I always understood T9 to protect victims only. If the victim isn't/wasn't a student or employee of the federally funded university then T9 wouldn't be pertinent as I understand it. I suspect that's what FiL is saying. The way you're framing it a player/coach at tOSU could beat his girlfriend (non a student or employee at tOSU)/wife (not a student or employee at tOSU) mercilessly on a ski trip to Colorado. Once another coach/university employee found out about it that individual would be required by T9 to report it bc the offending player/coach was affiliated with the football program. I've just never understood T9 that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

No, the victim isn't required to be a student or employee. Any violation by an employee must be reported.

Mean Purple

Pretty sure she went to the police, she just didn’t press any charges for whatever the reason. I could be way wrong though.
Looks like at some point, she went to the police. However, as far back as Urban's time at Florida, where the Smith guy worked for him (starting as a ga) Urban's "fixer" went to see her and told her not to file charges then. The whole "he'll be fired and y'all are a young couple with nothing" garbage. So there was a culture in Urban's organization. Not a good one.

Frog-in-law1995

No, the victim isn't required to be a student or employee. Any violation by an employee must be reported.

Again, this is OSU’s policy. I can find nothing that says it is a universal Title IX requirement, and in fact have found other schools have policies that do require the victim of an off campus attack to be a student or employee before mandatory reporting kicks in.

Mean Purple

So...listening to the interviews with Brett McMurphy today, one big item stands out. McMurphy points to the fact that all of his sources are named and points are documented (including police reports). No unnamed sources.

Granted, McMurphy has a history of being a straight up reporter and sourcing, but it shows that he has done a lot of homework on this story.

CryptoMiner

Again, this is OSU’s policy. I can find nothing that says it is a universal Title IX requirement, and in fact have found other schools have policies that do require the victim of an off campus attack to be a student or employee before mandatory reporting kicks in.

Well bless your heart.

Frog-in-law1995

Page 3: domestic violence is a form of sexual assault
Page 6: faculty members have a responsibility to report all other incidents of sexual misconduct

Shelley was a faculty member

There is a clear violation of policy by her if not him.

I agree with this.

edit: more precisely, I’m not arguing against this. Still not sure it’s correct, though, because OSU’s reporting policy only applies to off campus activity if it affects work environment. Whether this does that or not, i’m not sure.

Last edited:

SnoSki

Not sure why you so badly want to be a [ profanity ] about this.

Title IX applies to universities that receive federal funding
tOSU is a university
tOSU receives federal funding
Therefore title IX applies to tOSU

North haven v bell determined that title IX applies to faculty and staff
Zach Smith was on staff at tOSU
Therefore, title IX applies to Zach Smith

Title IX applies to cases of relationship violence
Zach Smith was in a relationship with Courtney Smith
Zach Smith beat the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of Courtney Smith
Beating the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of someone is violence
Therefore, beating the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of someone you are in a relationship with is relationship violence
Therefore, title IX probably applies to Zach Smith's actions
Shelley Meyer and possibly Urban knew about domestic violence allegations and didn't report this
Failure to report allegations of domestic violence against a university employee violates university policy in complying with title IX

For some dumb reason you are acting like a ten year old saying you can't see how title IX applies.

Don't go full Aggie.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I appreciate you spelling this out. I am a legal ignoramus.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
05D6BDBB-44BA-4F69-A28D-7B7A7B6C9003.jpeg

There is nothing that says piece of ship like someone that wishes a victim of domestic assault has a miserable life because their team may not win as many football games.

Edit: to be fair I am cherry picking. There are more people calling out these posters for this ship than there are agreeing with it by far. Situation reversed I would want the same acknowledgment from other fan bases. There are terrible people everywhere. It’s just fun to find and point them out.

This isn’t Baylor we are talking about here. They only have one kind and it’s not the good kind.

Last edited: