• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

Chongo94

Football is a weird culture world.

Instead of going to the police, abused wife goes to parents...who say, "Quiet, what will you and the kids do?" (hmmm...not get beat up?). Then, again instead of going to police, she goes to the head coaches wife!!! Not the coach, the coach's wife, and expects things to get fixed. Coach's wife maintains communication with her, but victim never asks, "Did you tell the coach like you said you were going to do?"

I remember thinking this during some of the Baylor thing...why are you going to coaches? It is as if the football world is this autonomous community where the head coach is also the chief of police, mayor, etc..., all rolled into one.

I understand reticence to go to the police, but geez, lady, you're getting beat up, and you're not going to the only people who can ensure real consequences if it doesn't stop!

Pretty sure she went to the police, she just didn’t press any charges for whatever the reason. I could be way wrong though.

Mean Purple

There also exists the possibility that the team takes on a giant chip on their shoulder and goes out kicks erryone’s ass.
And there also exists the fact that Ohio State's President referred to us as the little sisters of the poor. And that quote should be on every locker through Frog training camp.

Mean Purple

If Brett McMurphy found all this...then there it seems likely that esPCn likely knew of some of it too. Just like they knew about Sandusky and did not report jack for years.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
If Brett McMurphy found all this...then there it seems likely that esPCn likely knew of some of it too. Just like they knew about Sandusky and did not report jack for years.
As was pointed out up-thread, ESPN is in a tizzy. They are the biggest pimps of the B1G and tOSU in particular, and they fired McMurphy under a year ago.

Schadenfreuedelicious!

Chongo94

As was pointed out up-thread, ESPN is in a tizzy. They are the biggest pimps of the B1G and tOSU in particular, and they fired McMurphy under a year ago.

Schadenfreuedelicious!

Why did they fire him by the way, was there a reason? I always thought he was a very good reporter who was awkward on tv at first but eventually confidently grew into being comfortable while on camera.

P

purplePPO

I am sure this scandal will have an affect on our game in September. If nothing else than just perception from the general public. I feel it's a no win situation for TCU. If the Frogs defeat the Buckeyes it will be as another has stated before, reported profusely by ESPN that tOSU was distracted by the absence of U. Meyer. We shall see! Go Frogs!