• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Shorty

Internet TV packages are so stupid expensive now. Many things are more expensive in England, especially going out for any type of event or restaurant. Yet I pay $85 a month for the same type of package that costs $150+ in Dallas.

75 mb internet, DVR, and channels galore with a lot of sport channels but not many movie channels.

If that costs $85 in the second most expensive city in the country you can tell how screwed people are getting in America. It's way cheaper than this in other countries.
Part of America's problem is the "last mile" with providing service to people living in such a dispersed area. Of course the other part is we are getting screwed and telecom companies are in bed with the FCC and government.

Horny 4 Life

Part of America's problem is the "last mile" with providing service to people living in such a dispersed area. Of course the other part is we are getting screwed and telecom companies are in bed with the FCC and government.

The far bigger problem for the whole of the country seems to be lack of reliable Middle Mile infrastructure. Larger population centers don't have as big of a problem, because demand has forced companies to build infrastructure, but there are still a lot of recognizable cities that have terrible Middle Mile infrastructure.

I spent 2017 working on a Middle Mile project and it was laughable and tragic at just how terrible that infrastructure development is, regardless of company. Of course, government is trying to solve that problem themselves in certain areas and only making it worse.

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Internet TV packages are so stupid expensive now. Many things are more expensive in England, especially going out for any type of event or restaurant. Yet I pay $85 a month for the same type of package that costs $150+ in Dallas.

75 mb internet, DVR, and channels galore with a lot of sport channels but not many movie channels.

If that costs $85 in the second most expensive city in the country you can tell how screwed people are getting in America. It's way cheaper than this in other countries.
Isn’t satellite service in UK heavily subsidized by the government?

Didn't realise you're in England.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
33y6wpz.jpg

Surfrog

Isn’t satellite service in UK heavily subsidized by the government?

TV, in general, is subsidized there - you buy a license from the BBC, but the result is a LOT fewer commercials.

Personally, I have not had cable in over five years. I don't miss it one bit and save over 1000 dollars per year.

cdsfrog

I had the same problems in Fairfax VA, and in Texas in Arlington, Euless, Lewisville, Fort Worth, and Irvine.

Most areas offered 1 provider or satellite. Real competition would work.

Also Phormer I didn't even see the use of realise. Well done wanker.

Last edited:

PO Frog

Greetings, folks, from the low country of South Carolina. Harbour Town Links is way harder than I thought. I'm poolside drinking, trying to forget how that course just took my manhood.
Since we are on the subject of golf, I shot even par and my partner shot 2 under to win my member/guest on Saturday by a shot. I birdied 3 of the last 4 to close it out, including a 3-wood over water on a driveable par 4 to 15 feet. Just thought you guys would like to know.

/notsohumblebrag