• The KillerFrogs

we are out of the the cfp

froglash88

No offense to this year's team, but this isn't really the team I want to represent us for our first recent era National Championship opportunity anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I love this team and it's been a really, really fun season, and we still have the opportunity to accomplish some special things, but at the end of the day, this isn't a National Championship quality team IMO. We're just not good enough on offense this year to win a playoff game and then go on to win the National Championship.

And I really don't want our first playoff experience to end with a lopsided loss that leads to everyone saying, "This proves TCU has never belonged in the first place." It would be a disservice to all the National Championship quality teams that have come before them (2009, 2010, and 2014).

People were saying the same thing about our team before the “Hughes your daddy” BYU game. Just wait until we beat OU in a couple weeks. I think you will probably change your tune.

back_in_black

Moderators
Look, if we win the next two games and some how make it into the playoff, I will be absolutely ecstatic. And I'll certainly be rooting for this to happen.

But if we don't make it in the playoffs even if we do win our next two games, I won't be sick to my stomach and blindly irate like prior years... at least I don't think I will. I guess it'll just depend on how things play out the next two weeks.

If Morris is back healthy and we shift our guys on the line back to where they were through the OK state game then I like our chances against anyone. Our offense has been completely different since that game. The line was dominant early on. They’ve been below average since then.

SwissArmyFrog

If Morris is back healthy and we shift our guys on the line back to where they were through the OK state game then I like our chances against anyone.

820 radio pre-game said he was ready to play vs Tech, remember that specifically, but guess he didn’t play....which I thought was odd.

Someone here suggested a medical redshirt might be the reason.

LeagueCityFrog

If we win out, including a conf title, we can get in. At this point, the most in danger of being left out is a pac team and notre dame.

I'm with Mean Purple. It's going to be the ACC winner, Big Ten winner, even if it's a 2 loss Ohio State, SEC winner, and the Big XII winner, even if it's a 2 loss TCU. The committee says they want two things, a conference champion and that dumb 13th Data point. They are not going to take an SEC runner up. See the LSU vs Bama snoozer BCS championship as a reminder. Pac 12 is weak this year, see USC's blowout loss to Notre Dame for details and Notre Dame has lost twice now including getting blown out on national TV. Defense wins championships.

TCU needs to fix their offensive line's blocking ability especially for running plays and we need to reinvent ourselves on some of the play calling on that side of the ball. Paging Sonny Dykes.

FrogLifeYo

820 radio pre-game said he was ready to play vs Tech, remember that specifically, but guess he didn’t play....which I thought was odd.

Someone here suggested a medical redshirt might be the reason.

I can't imagine Morris would get a Medical Redshirt but that would be an amazing piece to have back next year...Our line hasn't been the same since he went down. The interior has been getting blown up for 6 weeks. We've run the ball ok but mainly on off tackle plays..very little space in the middle right now.

Pharm Frog

I'm with Mean Purple. It's going to be the ACC winner, Big Ten winner, even if it's a 2 loss Ohio State, SEC winner, and the Big XII winner, even if it's a 2 loss TCU. The committee says they want two things, a conference champion and that dumb 13th Data point. They are not going to take an SEC runner up. See the LSU vs Bama snoozer BCS championship as a reminder. Pac 12 is weak this year, see USC's blowout loss to Notre Dame for details and Notre Dame has lost twice now including getting blown out on national TV. Defense wins championships.

TCU needs to fix their offensive line's blocking ability especially for running plays and we need to reinvent ourselves on some of the play calling on that side of the ball. Paging Sonny Dykes.

So the Committee wants two things and those are conference championships and a 13th data point? I must have missed how PSU did in last year's playoff and completely forgotten how Ohio State did in the Orange Bowl.

kidkarr

It wouldn't be a guarantee like 2014 but I think with the way this staff makes adjustments they wouldn't be embarrassed. Very competitive I would imagine.
Want to agree but will wait to see what happens if get the OU rematch. That game will let us know where the team and staff stands. Imo

LeagueCityFrog

So the Committee wants two things and those are conference championships and a 13th data point? I must have missed how PSU did in last year's playoff and completely forgotten how Ohio State did in the Orange Bowl.

I know right! What a joke! If they let in a 11-2 Ohio State again this year as their conference champion and we beat the team that beat them, OU, in are our conference champion and we get the shaft yet again, if I was Gary I would go on TV and cuss out the committee and the system because it would be rigged only for larger state schools.

TCUownstheBig12

It's simple...

• TCU wins out (helps if OU takes care of West Virginia this week to keep their ranking high);
  • Washington d. Washington State in the Apple Cup...allowing a 3-loss Stanford team to go to the Pac-12 title game;
  • Stanford wins out (Notre Dame, USC)--knocking out USC and Notre Dame (*a 2-loss TCU should get in over these teams any ways but this will lock them out)

With no more Pac-12 and Notre Dame to worry about...all we have to fear is an SEC non-champion or ACC runner-up getting the nod over us (for example, 11-1 Miami or 11-1/12-1 Alabama). I don't think there's anyway that a 12-1 Wisconsin Big 10 runner-up gets the nod over 11-2 TCU.

I think we should just root for Alabama to win out, taking care of any shenanigans in the SEC with Georgia and Auburn. I would feel more comfortable if Ga Tech pulls of the upset in Atlanta to give Georgia that 2nd loss (but that's a stretch).

It would be nice to see South Carolina upset Clemson in Columbia this week...and then have Miami win out, giving Clemson that 3rd loss, eliminating them from the conversation.

Of course, you always have the potential discussion of OU at 11-2 getting the nod over TCU at 11-2 since they have the win @ Ohio State, which could trump the comparative difference between our neutral site win over OU and their home field win over us. I doubt the committee would do that...but you never know.

I also don't think they would truthfully consider a 13-0 UCF or a 10-2 Penn State team with no significant victories (having lost to tOSU and Michigan State, albeit by very close margins on the road).

If something like this happens, you could be looking at:

#1 Alabama (13-0)
#2 Miami (12-0; they play one less regular season game due to the hurricane)
#3 Wisconsin (13-0) OR TCU (11-2)
#4 TCU (11-2) OR Ohio State (11-2)

Or we could just be happy with a Cotton Bowl match-up in the NY6 after the abomination of last year. But where's the fun in that?

notyalc

My theory, if the fourth playoff spot is a battle of 2 loss teams and the other 3 spots are filled by 3 conferences (SEC, BIG10 and ACC). Then the committee will want to fill the 4th with another conference. That is our ticket in provided we win out.

No conference this season deserves two teams in the playoffs IMO.