• The KillerFrogs

we are out of the the cfp

tcumaniac

No offense to this year's team, but this isn't really the team I want to represent us for our first recent era National Championship opportunity anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I love this team and it's been a really, really fun season, and we still have the opportunity to accomplish some special things, but at the end of the day, this isn't a National Championship quality team IMO. We're just not good enough on offense this year to win a playoff game and then go on to win the National Championship.

And I really don't want our first playoff experience to end with a lopsided loss that leads to everyone saying, "This proves TCU has never belonged in the first place." It would be a disservice to all the National Championship quality teams that have come before them (2009, 2010, and 2014).

Dogfrog

No offense to this year's team, but this isn't really the team I want to represent us for our first recent era National Championship opportunity anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I love this team and it's been a really, really fun season, and we still have the opportunity to accomplish some special things, but at the end of the day, this isn't a National Championship quality team IMO. We're just not good enough on offense this year to win a playoff game and then go on to win the National Championship.

And I really don't want our first playoff experience to end with a lopsided loss that leads to everyone saying, "This proves TCU has never belonged in the first place." It would be a disservice to all the National Championship quality teams that have come before them (2009, 2010, and 2014).

There's a spot for you on the committee.

Same Ole Wiley

Wow. U are

Wexahu

I would agree with this except I don’t think the very best teams this year are quite as good as some teams in past years, so I don’t think we’d necessarily get blown out. Alabama isn’t quite as good as they have been in recent years IMO. Last year’s Clemson team would beat this year’s Clemson handily I think. Miami is very beatable. The Oklahoma game was a bit of an anomaly, they’ve shown they are very beatable this year too. I just don’t see that monster team this year that’s just going to mow everyone down.

ifrog

Good grief

notyalc

With all do respect this is dumb. Defense wins championships and our D is nasty. As someone mentioned give Patterson a couple of weeks and we might just pull it off. Bottom line once your name is associated with the playoffs your program is on a different level.

ifrog

With all do respect this is dumb. Defense wins championships and our D is nasty. As someone mentioned give Patterson a couple of weeks and we might just pull it off. Bottom line once your name is associated with the playoffs your program is on a different level.

I can’t imagine what our seniors think when they read hot takes like that.

Realtorfrog

It wouldn't be a guarantee like 2014 but I think with the way this staff makes adjustments they wouldn't be embarrassed. Very competitive I would imagine.

tcumaniac

Look, if we win the next two games and some how make it into the playoff, I will be absolutely ecstatic. And I'll certainly be rooting for this to happen.

But if we don't make it in the playoffs even if we do win our next two games, I won't be sick to my stomach and blindly irate like prior years... at least I don't think I will. I guess it'll just depend on how things play out the next two weeks.