• The KillerFrogs

That was fast! New AD announcement!

Ron Swanson

Jeremiah Donati is a terrific guy and an excellent fundraiser, but he's not #2 in the Athletics department. Mainly because he's not employed by the Athletics department, he's employed by University Development (fundraising) and reports to the same people I report to in the division of University Advancement. He has dual reporting responsibility to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement and the Director of Athletics. But Athletics doesn't pay his salary, Advancement does.

The same setup exists in every college at TCU. Each college has a Development officer that offices within the college and functions as part of the Dean's staff, but actually employed and paid by Development. So they also have dual reporting responsibilities to their college Dean and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development. Development does most of TCU's direct major fundraising (including Athletics), but it is also partly a service and staff provider for the university's colleges and major programs.

As highly as I regard Jeremiah, and as much as I think he will be a more than adequate interim placeholder while TCU searches for a new AD, he will not be a serious candidate for the permanent position. He's a lawyer whose entire career has been spent as a sports agent or an athletics fundraiser. He has absolutely zero experience at athletics administration.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that TCU Athletics has now ascended to a place where it has become a coveted destination position for premier coaches and administrators everywhere. Those of you who think TCU is still in the poverty position of relying on untested external hires or promotion of inexperienced internal personnel are living way, way behind the times.

TCU's AD job opening will draw inquiries from some of the most experienced and celebrated AD's from across nation. We will have our pick of the available candidates. Hence, absolutely no need to rely on tenuous, chancy picks like celebrated legislator alumni, fundraisers, current subordinate athletics administrators, elevated coaches, and coaches wives.

Get real. We're way beyond all that.

I guess you haven’t read all the reports that he is going to be hired as the permanent AD

TCURiggs

Jeremiah Donati is a terrific guy and an excellent fundraiser, but he's not #2 in the Athletics department. Mainly because he's not employed by the Athletics department, he's employed by University Development (fundraising) and reports to the same people I report to in the division of University Advancement. He has dual reporting responsibility to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement and the Director of Athletics. But Athletics doesn't pay his salary, Advancement does.

The same setup exists in every college at TCU. Each college has a Development officer that offices within the college and functions as part of the Dean's staff, but actually employed and paid by Development. So they also have dual reporting responsibilities to their college Dean and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development. Development does most of TCU's direct major fundraising (including Athletics), but it is also partly a service and staff provider for the university's colleges and major programs.

As highly as I regard Jeremiah, and as much as I think he will be a more than adequate interim placeholder while TCU searches for a new AD, he will not be a serious candidate for the permanent position. He's a lawyer whose entire career has been spent as a sports agent or an athletics fundraiser. He has absolutely zero experience in athletics administration.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that TCU Athletics has now ascended to a place where it has become a coveted destination position for premier coaches and administrators everywhere. Those of you who think TCU is still in the poverty position of relying on untested external hires or promotion of inexperienced internal personnel are living way, way behind the times.

TCU's AD job opening will draw inquiries from some of the most experienced and celebrated AD's from across nation. We will have our pick of the available candidates. Hence, absolutely no need to rely on tenuous, chancy picks like celebrated legislator alumni, fundraisers, current subordinate athletics administrators, elevated coaches, and coaches wives.

Umm, I'm pretty sure they're announcing him as our new AD tomorrow afternoon.

TAINTed frog

As highly as I regard Jeremiah, and as much as I think he will be a more than adequate interim placeholder while TCU searches for a new AD, he will not be a serious candidate for the permanent position. He's a lawyer whose entire career has been spent as a sports agent or an athletics fundraiser. He has absolutely zero experience in athletics administration.

incredulous.gif

Way too long, did not read

Virginia Frog

Jeremiah Donati is a terrific guy and an excellent fundraiser, but he's not #2 in the Athletics department.

As KFc resident "insider" Deep: Is J-Don going to be a "placeholder" or the real Big Guy?
From what you said, it appears that TCU will do a National Search fr the AD spot.
Everyone else here seems to think that J-Don is "it."

Did you get into a Delorean and hit 88 mph?

Deep Purple

Way too long, did not read
That's fine, but you know what? Nobody really cares whether you did or didn't read.

I don't know why you short attention-span guys always feel compelled to inform all the rest of us of the fact that you didn't read a post or article. It's like a gay guy telling us "I didn't find her attractive." Well no [ Finebaum ]e? You're gay. Of course you didn't find her attractive. This is news?

Same goes for short attention-span guys when it comes to not reading. Like we don't already know you don't read?

No real need to make a special announcement every time you pass on a post. Many of us do the same thing for other reasons, but don't feel compelled to announce it to the entire board on every occurrence. So there's no real reason for you the be so self-important.

JurisFrog

That's fine, but you know what? Nobody really cares whether you did or didn't read.

I don't know why you short attention-span guys always feel compelled to inform all the rest of us of the fact that you didn't read a post or article. It's like a gay guy telling us "I didn't find her attractive." Well no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]e? You're gay. Of course you didn't find her attractive. This is news?

Same goes for short attention-span guys when it comes to not reading. Like we don't already know you don't read?

No real need to make a special announcement every time you pass on a post. Many of us do the same thing for other reasons, but don't feel compelled to announce it to the entire board on every occurrence. So there's no real reason for you the be so self-important.

Dude. You are drunk or something. STOP.

TAINTed frog

I don't know why you short attention-span guys always feel compelled to inform all the rest of us of the fact that you didn't read a post or article. It's like a gay guy telling us "I didn't find her attractive." Well no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]e? You're gay. Of course you didn't find her attractive. This is news?

No real need to make a special announcement every time you pass on a post. Many of us do the same thing for other reasons, but don't feel compelled to announce it to the entire board on every occurrence. So there's no real for you the be so self-important.

v0pL3.gif

Well this doesn't sound good. I was hoping for a interview process. This is a Power 5 program, he better be ready. Wish him huge success.

Flying T

Tier 1
From Mark Cohen:

TCU Media Advisory

TCU Chancellor Dr. Victor J. Boschini Jr. will hold a Monday 2 p.m. press conference in the Four Sevens Team Room to introduce TCU’s new director of intercollegiate athletics.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark Cohen

I was hoping Cohen was on his way to UT with CDC.

Christcu

Adm. Steve Morrison, commander of the carrier division in the 1964 Gulf of Tonkin action (and it's subsequent "resolution") which was used as the "cover" by the Gov't for accelerating action in Vietnam.

I have read most of the books that have been written on The Doors and other than proximity, JM has several people connections with me, 1-2 degrees of separation. I've yet to go visit him in Paris!

SuperTFrog

He absolutely is the #2 guy behind CDC. If not, then who would you say is the guy behind CDC at TCU?

Christcu

Wow. Good stuff. I am just a Die Hard Doors fan since the mid 70's. Introduced them to many at TCU at Milton Daniel Dormitory...was often told to turn it down. I did...just a little. One of the bands I wish I could have seen in person but I was just 9 or so when Morrison passed. When I got married I made sure the band played Roadhouse Blues. It was great!!!