• The KillerFrogs

That was fast! New AD announcement!

cdsfrog

Is this a good hire? Asking because I have no clue. Looks like tons of positive stuff about the guy and from a continuity standpoint it seems great.

Yay i think?

Moose Stuff

That's fine, but you know what? Nobody really cares whether you did or didn't read.

I don't know why you short attention-span guys always feel compelled to inform all the rest of us of the fact that you didn't read a post or article. It's like a gay guy telling us "I didn't find her attractive." Well no [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]e? You're gay. Of course you didn't find her attractive. This is news?

Same goes for short attention-span guys when it comes to not reading. Like we don't already know you don't read?

No real need to make a special announcement every time you pass on a post. Many of us do the same thing for other reasons, but don't feel compelled to announce it to the entire board on every occurrence. So there's no real reason for you the be so self-important.

Did not read.

TCUdirtbag

Jeremiah Donati is a terrific guy and an excellent fundraiser, but he's not #2 in the Athletics department. Mainly because he's not employed by the Athletics department, he's employed by University Development (fundraising) and reports to the same people I report to in the division of University Advancement. He has dual reporting responsibility to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement and the Director of Athletics. But Athletics doesn't pay his salary, Advancement does.

The same setup exists in every college at TCU. Each college has a Development officer that offices within the college and functions as part of the Dean's staff, but actually employed and paid by Development. So they also have dual reporting responsibilities to their college Dean and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Development. Development does most of TCU's direct major fundraising (including Athletics), but it is also partly a service and staff provider for the university's colleges and major programs.

As highly as I regard Jeremiah, and as much as I think he will be a more than adequate interim placeholder while TCU searches for a new AD, he will not be a serious candidate for the permanent position. He's a lawyer whose entire career has been spent as a sports agent or an athletics fundraiser. He has absolutely zero experience in athletics administration.

The thing you have to keep in mind is that TCU Athletics has now ascended to a place where it has become a coveted destination position for premier coaches and administrators everywhere. Those of you who think TCU is still in the poverty position of relying on untested external hires or promotion of inexperienced internal personnel are living way, way behind the times.

TCU's AD job opening will draw inquiries from some of the most experienced and celebrated AD's from across nation. We will have our pick of the available candidates. Hence, absolutely no need to rely on tenuous, chancy picks like celebrated legislator alumni, fundraisers, current subordinate athletics administrators, elevated coaches, and coaches wives.

Get real. We're way beyond all that.

You have a lot of incorrect info here. One, Donati is the guy. Two, he’s been Deputy AD (#2 in the Athletics Department) since 2016.

TCURiggs

I think he is a rude arrogant person.

What is this suppsed to mean, Kyle?

Just assumed it was something crazy that only our fan base could possibly witch about, as I've never heard or seen one negative thing about Cohen over the years. Sorry if you've had a bad experience with him, though.