• The KillerFrogs

That was fast! New AD announcement!

Big Frog II

I think this is a good hire of someone who is smart, personable, and has had extensive on the job training under Del Conte. Obviously Boschini and company think he is the right person at the right time. Hopefully we will not miss a beat. I hope he will keep an open line of communication with all of us fans like Del Conte did. That was a great thing.

flyfishingfrog

Interesting decisions

Jeremiah is personable and a great communicator and can raise some cash.

And while deep is wrong in several things - he is correct that Jeremiah is very green and frankly I have always assumed he would go to someplace like SHSU or NT for his first AD role to gain experience actually being the boss before coming to a high stakes poker game. He is going to have to grow up in a couple of ways pretty quickly to even try and fill the shoes left behind.

Assuming that our big 3 coaches wanted someone who would keep the status quo more than someone with experience in the job - I can’t see ADJD giving out orders to GMFP or any of the big 3, more like order taker

Now is probably a good time to have someone learning I guess given our coaches- but we are at a tipping point in some ways and hope Donati can push it the right way

cdsfrog

Ive only talked to mark once but he was super nice.

Spoke with CDC a lot, hence the insane frusrated reaction. Still angry about it being UT but less so at this point. As long as we dont lose any coaches and dont get delays in east side club or any other fundraising efforts its not that big of a deal. He was just a really good AD, good guy as well.

That and I rooted for Texas for about 15 years until I began to loathe them as I do now.

Frogcrates

Let’s look at it this way:
  • Do we have any major head coaching vacancies or desired upgrades in those positions?
  • Do we need someone to babysit or otherwise keep in line our head coaching staff?
  • Do we need someone to do a fulll strategic rethink in order to make us competitive in major sports?
  • Do we need a complete overhaul of our facilities?
No.

However,
  • Do we need a strong fundraiser who can deliver on existing plans for a partial upgrade to the football stadium?
  • Do we need someone who can consistently maintain what is a pretty nice status quo?
  • Do we need someone who will continue to let the head coaches run their programs and et us closer to pulling in some national championships?
  • Do we need someone who will make incremental changes based on existing strategy?
  • Do we need someone who will make sure we are never again left to wander the conference desert when the GOR burns off next decade?
Yes. But of those, the only one that really worries me is the last one which is still years down the road.

Flying T

Tier 1
Why would you say that?

Mark is great and has been very good to this site. He is well respected in the media and that is nothing but good for TCU

Dan Jenkins calls him the best SID that we have ever had and that speaks volumes

I'm positive he treats people like Dan Jenkins much differenty than a regular TCU fan, and i'll just leave it at that.

LeagueCityFrog

Let’s look at it this way:
  • Do we have any major head coaching vacancies or desired upgrades in those positions?
  • Do we need someone to babysit or otherwise keep in line our head coaching staff?
  • Do we need someone to do a fulll strategic rethink in order to make us competitive in major sports?
  • Do we need a complete overhaul of our facilities?
No.

However,
  • Do we need a strong fundraiser who can deliver on existing plans for a partial upgrade to the football stadium?
  • Do we need someone who can consistently maintain what is a pretty nice status quo?
  • Do we need someone who will continue to let the head coaches run their programs and et us closer to pulling in some national championships?
  • Do we need someone who will make incremental changes based on existing strategy?
  • Do we need someone who will make sure we are never again left to wander the conference desert when the GOR burns off next decade?
Yes. But of those, the only one that really worries me is the last one which is still years down the road.

That last one is where Chris Del Conte steps in. He's going to be our Ann Richards on this next round. You watch.