• The KillerFrogs

SF Gate: Stanford to play TCU in Alamo Bowl Dec. 28

Frog-in-law1995

I wouldn't be surprised if all of them started out with marijuana. But it's not a gateway drug...

Yeah, and they probably all started out with cigarettes and alcohol before that. And they probably all breathed oxygen before that. Just because something comes first doesn’t mean it caused whatever follows. Many people smoke marijuana without going on to heroin, just as many people drink alcohol without going on to heroin. “Gateway drug” is a nonsensical, made-up phrase people use to impute the negative effects of a substance they can prove is harmful onto one they can’t but don’t like anyway.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

This crap was going on in the 90’s with people shooting up in the public parks in SF. Nothing new for the Bay Area.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Heading to San Francisco / Tahoe for Spring Break. Can’t wait.

While eating on the California side of Tahoe my wife asked if there was any butter for the bread and the snarky waitress said with a snort, What, are you from Texas or something?” My wife said as a matter of fact we are, have you banned butter to go along with refined sugar, Sweet and Low, white flour and common sense? Do you allow voluntary tips? Just checking.” She blushed and gave a very insincere sorry.

Raw Frog

While eating on the California side of Tahoe my wife asked if there was any butter for the bread and the snarky waitress said with a snort, What, are from Texas or something.” My said as a matter of fact we are, have you banned butter to go along with refined sugar, Sweet and Low, white flour and common sense. Do you allow voluntary tips? Just checking.” She blushed and gave a very insincere sorry.

Hope she had already brought your food out....

SuperBarrFrog

While eating on the California side of Tahoe my wife asked if there was any butter for the bread and the snarky waitress said with a snort, What, are from Texas or something.” My said as a matter of fact we are, have you banned butter to go along with refined sugar, Sweet and Low, white flour and common sense. Do you allow voluntary tips? Just checking.” She blushed and gave a very insincere sorry.

The true Texan giveaway is asking for ranch dressing for your pizza. So disgusting; should be outlawed!!

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
814B514B-E175-4910-85C0-31AF6B0CC6CB.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Just checking.” She blushed and gave a very insincere sorry.

Reminds me of a niece story. She’s in a summer job before OU med school, gets a job up there at some Italian rest., requires all servers to wear long sleeve white shirts & a tie, girls too. She asks what to do so I buy her 3 Walmart ties & mail’m. 2 of the 3 ties have OU symbols on them for extra Uncle points. She says thanks, flash forward a month. She passes on to me this typical bubba story, 5 or 6 bubbas walk & seated in various combos of UT gear (most all wearing gimme caps that none of them remove inside—what’s up with that?) she walks up “hi, I’m Jen, I’ll be your server, specials today are....” bubba 1 interrupts her with “Hey is that an OU tie? We kicked your ass last 2 years! Ha ha ha ha”

She takes a breath & quietly continues “yes, I’m an OU student. May I point out you haven’t even received your water yet, much less drinks or food and I’ll be the one bringing it out so.....”

Oh
Uhhhh
Yeah
Huh huh
Well, ok

She marveled that she had to explain the logistics of all this to 5 UT bubbas. I told her I wasn’t surprised. At all.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As one who spent much of his TCU Junior year working as a bellman at The Inn of The Six Flags, I look for an excuse to overtip whenever possible.

Was not a bellman but since age 13 I was throwing newspapers, car-hopping @ Sonic, bus boy in 2 Tex-Mex places, front counter (as well as manual backup when the speaker malfunctioned) at Berry Street jack in the box.
From all that experience I’m a big tipper too

Big Man on Mulberry Street