• The KillerFrogs

SF Gate: Stanford to play TCU in Alamo Bowl Dec. 28

BABYFACE

San Francisco....

That’s what you get when people elect weirdo politicians that attempt to say their policies about compassion.

Even in the late 90’s, it was crazy in the parks with city’s needle exchange program. I witnessed this and other interesting things on trips out to SF.

Pharm Frog

What big city or urban center is actually liveable anymore? I'm talking from a total standpoint of quality of life -- employment, safety, education, health care, recreation, cleanliness, etc.,

It's been nearly 20 years, but Boise (albeit a medium size city) was very nice in all those areas.

We just got the heck out of Shreveport and fled across the river. The present and future not so bright in Shreves. I suspect it's the same in many cities.

Suburban life looks better now than ever.

Name change in the near future? BossierFrog? BCFrog? AcrossTheRiverFrog? UrbanFlightFrog? Poster Formerly Known as ShreveFrog?

Bob

A we did!
Fluff no mas! I apologize for inappropriate use of the word fluff. I promise never to do it again, and will restrain my emotions to words like yippee or hooray so that I do not offend our most gracious moderators who are protecting all the grannies and juvies who might be tramatized by reading an inappropriate use of that word.

FBallFan123

That’s what you get when people elect weirdo politicians that attempt to say their policies about compassion.

Even in the late 90’s, it was crazy in the parks with city’s needle exchange program. I witnessed this and other interesting things on trips out to SF.

Here's another example....

Surfrog

What big city or urban center is actually liveable anymore? I'm talking from a total standpoint of quality of life -- employment, safety, education, health care, recreation, cleanliness, etc.,

It's been nearly 20 years, but Boise (albeit a medium size city) was very nice in all those areas.

We just got the heck out of Shreveport and fled across the river. The present and future not so bright in Shreves. I suspect it's the same in many cities.

Suburban life looks better now than ever.

There still a few out there - Seattle, Denver, Manhattan (expensive), Sugarhouse district in SLC, Portland, and I'm sure there's more. Atlanta has some pockets in downtown going through a gentrification in the beltline area, Buckhead is also super nice, Charlotte has NODA, etc.

FrogsMcGee

San Francisco is a great city to live. Like anywhere, it has it's warts, but overall it's a beautiful place, great urban living environment, tons of activities in all directions, amazing restaurant scene, great weather. Fully aware of the reports posted here, and I work right in the heart of the Tenderloin, but I have never had an issue with crime in the area against me (walk to/from home through it every weekday). There are plenty of places in Fort Worth that you couldn't pay me to walk through after dark. And yes, it is a very expensive place, but pay is also materially higher.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
San Francisco is a great city to live. Like anywhere, it has it's warts, but overall it's a beautiful place, great urban living environment, tons of activities in all directions, amazing restaurant scene, great weather. Fully aware of the reports posted here, and I work right in the heart of the Tenderloin, but I have never had an issue with crime in the area against me (walk to/from home through it every weekday). There are plenty of places in Fort Worth that you couldn't pay me to walk through after dark. And yes, it is a very expensive place, but pay is also materially higher.
A lot of "bad neighborhoods" are overblown in reputation. SF and FW included.