• The KillerFrogs

Paging TCUOwnsthebig12

Froggy Style

Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.

As of today, we are on that 7-9 bubble.
7-9 is not a bubble, 11 is not the last at large, 12 is. You're just not very good at this. When your take is that we look like an NIT team, then you don't get to act like you think we look like an 8ish seed. Weak.

Hell's bells, we've got 20 wins and 8 wins in the 12 (8-8), toughest conf in the land. We are shoo in to make NCAA's now. Really, one more win in the 12 tourney or in conference and we are home.

KState better be paying attention, 'cause one more game from Robinson like today and we beat them. Robinson had some early bumps and it slowed his play and especially his shooting. But he is hitting those 3's now, and that makes us a much better team, as Baylor discovered today.

I thought Baylor played really hard on defense, but they had no answer for Alex. He is much more of a pure point than Fisher. some of his passes were shear magic.

TCU is close to the best shooting team in the country. Getty's said we were the second highest scoring team in the land. We scored 82 today against a top defense. Bane made some good shots today and one fantastic hook shot off a drive.
Liked for Hell’s Bells, which was my great grand father’s favorite expletive and also because as you so correctly pointed out, we got BU’s best shot today.

TCUownstheBig12

Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.

As of today, we are on that 7-9 bubble.
You math poorly.

7-9 is not a bubble, 11 is not the last at large, 12 is. You're just not very good at this. When your take is that we look like an NIT team, then you don't get to act like you think we look like an 8ish seed. Weak.

Wrong.

11-seeds are the lowest at-large...that’s why they play in the First Four.

It must be tough being a TCU hater at this point of our sports programs. Anyhow I'm not sure what started this thread but my simplistic basketball observations, we are in the NCAA tournament now. We need another win in the regular season and another in the Big 12 Tournament then we have a middle seed in a regional close to home. Simple right? Go Frogs!
I still think to be confident of a bid the Frogs need to beat KSU and/or Tech and win a couple in the tourney

TCUownstheBig12

By rule, the last at-large teams can be anywhere from 11-14, however, in the history of the First Four, 9 of the 14 have been 11-seeds. SOOOO...despite what Mr. Lunardi says, I'm going with history.

tetonfrog

I still think to be confident of a bid the Frogs need to beat KSU and/or Tech and win a couple in the tourney

The only way we don't get in is if we lose the rest of our games including the Big 12 tourney game. I just don't see that happening. We are playing well now.......3 wins in a row! And if we did stumble down the stretch, how do they keep a 20-win with 8 Big 12 wins out of the dance? Our RPI would get us in any way.

But, I'd like to see us beat KSU and win a few game in the tourney just to keep the momentum going forward.

Froggy Style

The last at-large seed has been an 11 in 9 of the 14 First Four scenarios. History. That's why I used an 11 seed.
So, when you say "Wrong, 11 is the lowest at large" just ten minutes ago, you were just being a know nothing POS like you were when you said TCU would be lucky to make the NIT.

So, to review, your method is as follows:

1. State something that is a bit extreme
2. Get called out, but stand behind opinion
3. When facts roll in, change opinion
4. Pretend new opinion was old opinion

There's a reason people think you're a total DB

TCUownstheBig12

So, when you say "Wrong, 11 is the lowest at large" just ten minutes ago, you were just being a know nothing POS like you were when you said TCU would be lucky to make the NIT.

So, to review, your method is as follows:

1. State something that is a bit extreme
2. Get called out, but stand behind opinion
3. When facts roll in, change opinion
4. Pretend new opinion was old opinion

There's a reason people think you're a total DB

You see what you want to see.

#1 I said that we would be lucky to make the NIT with a few breaks sarcastically (as evident by my liking the "I see what you did there" post immediately following it)...but I did absolutely say that I felt (at that time) like we were closer to being an NIT team than being, what was the prevailing opinion on the board, a shoe-in, 4-5 seed, Sweet 16-caliber team. I do OWN that opinion...which I stated and re-stated and re-stated in a relatively short period of time AFTER that misinterpreted (by the lower intelligence lifeforms on this thread) post was submitted. So, there wasn't any other data that came in that would have allowed me to stealthily amend my "opinion".

Also...has Ahmed Hamdy had a 20-10 game? Call out that bozo that "guaranteed" it despite 80 college basketball games saying otherwise. Or is it okay to be wrong on a positive prediction, no matter how ridiculous.

#2 I'm standing behind the opinions because they are true; but TCU can prove me wrong by grabbing a 5-7 seed (which is VERY possible...even likely). Quite frankly, I didn't think that we would beat WVU at home or sweep OSU. They already proved me wrong on that.

#3 What facts? The facts won't roll out until Selection Sunday. Right now, it's all up-in-the-air.

#4 My "new opinion"? Check the date/thread when I said that originally...same time frame as when my one post was misinterpreted.

You, my friend, have whiffed on four accusations.