• The KillerFrogs

Paging TCUOwnsthebig12

TCUownstheBig12

How am I far off? Are you kidding me? Now if we win the next two...maybe. But I still see the team as closer to the NIT (meaning an 8ish to 11 seed) than being a 4-5 seed. And, I haven’t seen that 20-10 game from Hamdy that was predicted. And, I still stand by the fact that we aren’t deep (hard to argue against that).

And how am I a troll? Read all of my posts over the last ten years. Yes, ten years. 99.9% would and could never be interpreted as a “troll post”. Saying that your team isn’t deep, or that it’s misguided that a player will “definitely have a 20-10 game”, or that they aren’t as good as the loyal majority thinks is not being a troll...it’s offering an opinion that may be in the minority.

You might not be a troll but your blind allegiance to homerism and inability to have an original thought or disagree with the prevalent herd mentality on this board says a lot more.

I’m tired of having to defend valid thoughts on this board because it isn’t “TCU is the greatest and can do no wrong”...especially when my controversial opinion still has a good chance of coming true.

And to be clear, I want to be wrong because it means TCU has a higher seed and, in theory, a more favorable match-up in the tournament.

TCUownstheBig12

Please read that entire thread and, if you seriously think that is my actual opinion - despite other posts acknowledging the sarcasm and my countless other posts on the subject, then I wish you the best in your life because it will be a rough one for you.

Gunner

Hell's bells, we've got 20 wins and 8 wins in the 12 (8-8), toughest conf in the land. We are shoo in to make NCAA's now. Really, one more win in the 12 tourney or in conference and we are home.

KState better be paying attention, 'cause one more game from Robinson like today and we beat them. Robinson had some early bumps and it slowed his play and especially his shooting. But he is hitting those 3's now, and that makes us a much better team, as Baylor discovered today.

I thought Baylor played really hard on defense, but they had no answer for Alex. He is much more of a pure point than Fisher. some of his passes were shear magic.

TCU is close to the best shooting team in the country. Getty's said we were the second highest scoring team in the land. We scored 82 today against a top defense. Bane made some good shots today and one fantastic hook shot off a drive.

Gunner

BTW, Baylor probably has the best team suited to defeat TCU, in the 12. They are monsters in the paint. Difference is our guard play from Bane and Robinson. Play like today and even Tech will struggle against Frogs.

TCURiggs

Hell's bells, we've got 20 wins and 8 wins in the 12 (8-8), toughest conf in the land. We are shoo in to make NCAA's now. Really, one more win in the 12 tourney or in conference and we are home.

KState better be paying attention, 'cause one more game from Robinson like today and we beat them. Robinson had some early bumps and it slowed his play and especially his shooting. But he is hitting those 3's now, and that makes us a much better team, as Baylor discovered today.

I thought Baylor played really hard on defense, but they had no answer for Alex. He is much more of a pure point than Fisher. some of his passes were shear magic.

TCU is close to the best shooting team in the country. Getty's said we were the second highest scoring team in the land. We scored 82 today against a top defense. Bane made some good shots today and one fantastic hook shot off a drive.

Who is Getty's?

Froggy Style

How am I far off? Are you kidding me? Now if we win the next two...maybe. But I still see the team as closer to the NIT (meaning an 8ish to 11 seed) than being a 4-5 seed.

Sorry buddy, but saying that the team is closer to the NIT than a 4 or 5 seed is saying you don't think they look good or like a tourney team. That's a perfectly fine sports opinion, but you don't get to come back and say that means an "8ish" seed because an 8ish seen is easily in the tourney and by simple math closer to a 5 seed than the NIT. Saying we look like an 8ish seed means you should have been doing back flips about how good we looked. Of course, that wasn't your take and you're backpedaling faster than Ranthony Tejada.

It's okay to be wrong with your hot sports opinion, it happens to the best of us. Own it.

Moose Stuff

How am I far off? Are you kidding me? Now if we win the next two...maybe. But I still see the team as closer to the NIT (meaning an 8ish to 11 seed) than being a 4-5 seed. And, I haven’t seen that 20-10 game from Hamdy that was predicted. And, I still stand by the fact that we aren’t deep (hard to argue against that).

And how am I a troll? Read all of my posts over the last ten years. Yes, ten years. 99.9% would and could never be interpreted as a “troll post”. Saying that your team isn’t deep, or that it’s misguided that a player will “definitely have a 20-10 game”, or that they aren’t as good as the loyal majority thinks is not being a troll...it’s offering an opinion that may be in the minority.

You might not be a troll but your blind allegiance to homerism and inability to have an original thought or disagree with the prevalent herd mentality on this board says a lot more.

I’m tired of having to defend valid thoughts on this board because it isn’t “TCU is the greatest and can do no wrong”...especially when my controversial opinion still has a good chance of coming true.

And to be clear, I want to be wrong because it means TCU has a higher seed and, in theory, a more favorable match-up in the tournament.

You’re not actually contending that an 8 seed is “closer to the NIT” than it is to being a 4-5 seed are you? That’s one of the dumber attempted arguments I’ve ever seen on here.

TCUownstheBig12

You’re not actually contending that an 8 seed is “closer to the NIT” than it is to being a 4-5 seed are you? That’s one of the dumber attempted arguments I’ve ever seen on here.

Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.

As of today, we are on that 7-9 bubble. And with a win over KSU and anything better than 0-2 after that (L @ Tech, Big 12 opener), we will definitely be closer to 4-5 than the NIT. And I will have been proven incorrect in 1 of my 3 predictions.

Last edited:

TCUownstheBig12

We win those three tight conference games that we lost earlier and we’d be, what, 11-5 and 23-6 and ranked in the top 5.

We could just have easily lost those tight games against New Mexico, Nevada, and @Baylor...

Sorry buddy, but saying that the team is closer to the NIT than a 4 or 5 seed is saying you don't think they look good or like a tourney team. That's a perfectly fine sports opinion, but you don't get to come back and say that means an "8ish" seed because an 8ish seen is easily in the tourney and by simple math closer to a 5 seed than the NIT. Saying we look like an 8ish seed means you should have been doing back flips about how good we looked. Of course, that wasn't your take and you're backpedaling faster than Ranthony Tejada.

It's okay to be wrong with your hot sports opinion, it happens to the best of us. Own it.

Wrong. 8ish seed is about halfway from 4-5 to 11 (last at-large). If it was ranking the 68 best teams, different story but you have to figure in the 12-16 auto qualifiers.

P

purplePPO

It must be tough being a TCU hater at this point of our sports programs. Anyhow I'm not sure what started this thread but my simplistic basketball observations, are were in the NCAA tournament now. We need another win in the regular season and another in the Big 12 Tournament then we have a middle seed in a regional close to home. Simple right? Not close to being on the bubble of the NCAA much less the NIT. Really? NIT? Go Frogs!

Last edited by a moderator: