• The KillerFrogs

OT: 22-year-old woman strangled in apartment near TCU

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Gotta appreciate how that rag of a paper manages to get "woman strangled" and "TCU" into the same headline.

I'm glad they did.

My daughter is a senior there and lives near the deceased. As do her friends. The headline got me to read the article and reinforce basic safety lessons to her. She carries one of those mini tasers and has had all the basic safety lessons before. But it's easy to become complacent.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Gotta appreciate how that rag of a paper manages to get "woman strangled" and "TCU" into the same headline.

I think it's quite helpful to identify the general area for those who may want to read what is going on. Far better than giving a physical address that one would have to load into Google before finding out where it is. That said, surprised to some extent that it didn't read: "Woman Strangled in the Dallas Area"

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I think it's quite helpful to identify the general area for those who may want to read what is going on. Far better than giving a physical address that one would have to load into Google before finding out where it is. That said, surprised to some extent that it didn't read: "Woman Strangled in the Dallas Area"

Well, it WAS in the greater Dallas area.

giphy.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I live nearby and know this area well. I agree with your assessment, but there are also multiple construction crews working on the street directly behind this house, Building massive apartments and duplexes for TCU students. Yet nothing has been disclosed. Details like forced entry are being kept close to the vest.

Did FWPD catch the dirtbags that trashed St. Stephens nearby?

don

I went to school with her parents. I can't imagine what this is like. They were at the final round of the Masters on Sunday and came back to this. Though they went to OU, I see them frequently at TCU games and they or their family members are season ticket holders for at least basketball. One of those TCU #2 families. Prayers to them.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I'm glad they did.

My daughter is a senior there and lives near the deceased. As do her friends. The headline got me to read the article and reinforce basic safety lessons to her. She carries one of those mini tasers and has had all the basic safety lessons before. But it's easy to become complacent.
Exactly. In this case it was good the headline alerted TCU coeds and women in the area, as well as everyone in and around the campus and neighborhood to be on the lookout.

HToady

Exactly. In this case it was good the headline alerted TCU coeds and women in the area, as well as everyone in and around the campus and neighborhood to be on the lookout.
I guess not all of them....I was moving my car this morning at 6am and here comes a girl dressed entirely in black jogging down the middle of the street by herself....
Two hours earlier there were two policemen walking around with flashlights three doors down from me.

OLjtl61

as a BJJ practicioner, I don't know a single "counter choke" to a choke. The key to survival, no matter what your size, strength, or MMA knowledge falls back to the golden rule - be aware of your surroundings- and don't put yourself in bad positions- especially being alone. If there are shady people up ahead, if you are approaching a deserted /dark alley- don't go...if you are in a parking garage,have your keys in your hands already- and survey the lot... If someone with a knife, gun, bat, etc does come up on you and tells you to go with them...don't...run- take your chances out in public because even with a gun, they can miss, or just decide its not worth attacking you in broad daylight. If you find yourself trying to defend against a choke, you pretty much failed in the first rules of survival and personal safety.
Luckily most assailants aren't BJJ experts, but if your put in a rear naked choke, there's no way an average person is getting out of one. I have rolled with champion wrestlers that outweigh me significantly, but if you have a choke in deep, they won't get out of it. I do recommend all women however get the basics down for survival and safety. Where BJJ really comes in handy is in a rape assault. Lying on your back you are definitely not defenseless if you know bjj but its more for protection vs. actually attacking. .

I'm glad they did.

By "mini taser" I hope you mean a .380