• The KillerFrogs

OT: 22-year-old woman strangled in apartment near TCU

Frog-in-law1995

This is pretty scary stuff especially if was a random attack. Not sure about the details of this terrible tragedy and I am not sure if it would have made a difference in this case but it is a good idea for women of all ages to get some self defense knowledge about both situational awareness and some basic moves. Jiu Jitsu has some great counter chokes to being choked that don't take a lot of strength.

Keep your eyes and love ones close.

I don't know anything about this other than what's been in the news, but I would be very surprised if a strangulation was a random attack. Also don't know anything about Jiu Jitsu, but that seems like a good idea.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
My sister-in-law just got one of these. Delivers an electric shock that will curl your toes - and more.

1898061_151021111930_TASER7.jpg

HToady

Most murders are committed out of greed or love.

My bet is an ex-boyfriend and not a random act of violence.

I live nearby and know this area well. I agree with your assessment, but there are also multiple construction crews working on the street directly behind this house, Building massive apartments and duplexes for TCU students. Yet nothing has been disclosed. Details like forced entry are being kept close to the vest.

When you have such a mass concentration of young people in the area, you get commensurate amount of people looking for prey of some sort. As TCU grew to 10K, so did the opportunist.

I am hoping the creation of 4,200 beds in Worth Hills, will alleviate some of the traffic, parking, and crime in this neighborhood.

finafrog

I live nearby and know this area well. I agree with your assessment, but there are also multiple construction crews working on the street directly behind this house, Building massive apartments and duplexes for TCU students. Yet nothing has been disclosed. Details like forced entry are being kept close to the vest.

When you have such a mass concentration of young people in the area, you get commensurate amount of people looking for prey of some sort. As TCU grew to 10K, so did the opportunist.

I am hoping the creation of 4,200 beds in Worth Hills, will alleviate some of the traffic, parking, and crime in this neighborhood.

wait till we get to 14,000.

Chongo94

Kinda weird wording and forgive if I misunderstood...but was this attack done in broad daylight at 4:00ish pm or that they just found the body then?

HToady

wait till we get to 14,000.
Kinda weird wording and forgive if I misunderstood...but was this attack done in broad daylight at 4:00ish pm or that they just found the body then?

It is weird. Here body was found Monday around 4:45 pm, yet the Press did not converge on the area until Tuesday, around the same time. Since the mother was the one who found her, I can only speculate that there was some period of time her mother could not contact her before she came looking....

Chico Dusty

Terribly sad. I bet it's a random act. It seems like all details were not disclosed, but if there was a sexual assault included, than almost always random.