• The KillerFrogs

MUST SEE VIDEO

tcumaniac

Sorry guys. Had to take it down..... and if you downloaded the video, please reframe from sharing it with others or just delete it all together.... For now, this is in the best interest of the university and for the guy who made the video. Hopefully, it'll be allowed to pop back up someday. The guy who made it is obviously great at video production, so be patient and there will surely be an even better video in the future.&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>go frogs.&nbsp;</div>

It's very nicely done, but the shots of the AGC implosion are strange mixed in with the Rose Bowl game. I guess I have different feelings about those two events. Obviously, the Rose Bowl was one of the Horned Frogs finest moments, but the implosion was somewhat of a somber moment for me. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend when that stadium went down.

Maybe that was the idea...to contrast the two events. In any case, your friend put together a very slick video.

tcumaniac

It's very nicely done, but the shots of the AGC implosion are strange mixed in with the Rose Bowl game. I guess I have different feelings about those two events. Obviously, the Rose Bowl was one of the Horned Frogs finest moments, but the implosion was somewhat of a somber moment for me. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend when that stadium went down.

Maybe that was the idea...to contrast the two events. In any case, your friend put together a very slick video.

i kinda agree with you... but i believe the whole idea of the video can be seen in the title. A new era... as much as i hate to see the stadium go down, i believe this video is trying to show that through the implosion of the stadium, a long era of TCU has come to an end, while the rose bowl represents the the beginning of a new era in TCU football...so the video basically shows the transition from an old era to a new one... i kinda think the new era began with Fran and LT... but this year's team has taken us into an era of not only being good, but now being the best in the country.

YCBJ Frog

See, to me the symbolism of intermixing the demolition with the Rose Bowl was that we were saying goodbye to our "old friend" the stadium, while saying goodbye to the old version of the program we love. We'll always love the memories we had of TCU before this point, but from now on that team that got left behind repeatedly and got slaughtered year in and year out for decades is gone like our stadium. From now on, we've won the Rose Bowl and we have unarguably achieved more in the past three seasons than any team other than Auburn, Alabama, and Florida has--and you could even argue that our success being sustained over three seasons at such a high level has an argument over any one of those (though I personally would disagree, until we win a title). If Auburn gets theirs yanked or Alabama or Florida gets punished for yet unrevealed violations, that list shortens.

yurintroubl

I'll just leave the same comment here that I did on youtube...

I'm a pretty harsh judge of hype-vids, etc... I've seen the best to come out of the SEC and BigEast... and swam in hours of fan-made video bliss on the way to and through my Saints winning it all.

This is hands-down one of the best I've ever seen. Yer damn right I was tearing up!

I've got a pretty good collection of TCU, LSU, Saints, Lagniappe, etc... on my youtube page for those who hate sifting through junk to find the good ones.

Production quality is amazing. Some of those slow motion shots, especially the tunnel, kickoff, etc., were phenomenal. I can't even explain the cauldron of contrasting emotions it invoked. I happened to have my headphones on, and I swear I was completely lost in the moment...the space...everything. To have actually been there, then see it like this, so close and personal...what a visceral experience. Sublime, to say the least.

My only suggestion: I kept waiting for the crowd noise to fade in. The music was perfect by itself, but having the essence of 35k Frog Fans screaming in total unison would, to me, have truly captured the moment. Also, the end was a bit abrupt and anticlimactic. Then again, maybe I just didn't want it to end. :blush:

Seriously, this was very very very well done.

Young and Horned

That is a great job. I have always loved the vantage point of a camera where the team is running out of the tunnel around the camera as the camera goes out. Makes it look like a player.

Song was good, classic from Inception. I am sure we will see it in a few videos to come.

Tell your friend he did a great job. Wish I had that kind of access.

Tucson Frog

A new Era with joy in my heart and a tear in my eye.