• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

bleedpurple

Man, it was a late night last night. Guess who's dog decides to play with a skunk in the backyard last night at 10:00?!?! So that's when the fun started. We did the peroxide/baking soda/dish soap wash, then 2 washes with "skunk off" , but his face still stinks. I've heard that tomato juice masks the scent temporarily, but does nothing to actually remove the oil. I still smell it everywhere. This "stinks!"
Summers eve doush

SuperBarrFrog

Just got done with 11 12-hour days in a row at work; ready to start the heavy lifting.

onHOPko.jpg

Also, trying to obtain this sweet wooden sign from set dressing next week. Great piece.

Purp

Blackberry Smoke jamming on the radio and slamming Shiner Brock's. Faded.....

Darn Gundy and his mullet with an Oakman [ ricardo ]
Went to Billy Bob's for a friends anniversary party a few months ago. BlackBerry Smoke was the headliner that night. Never heard of them before that, but I enjoyed the show.

Also, Oakman skipped (3rd) leg day when on the juice so probably not going to be a painful darning of the mullet.

netty2424

I get that some may not like Kenny but after last week you have to have an ounce of gained respect for his skills. I mean 80% comp rate may have been the best in the country last week.
He replicates that performance this week, it all goes away!! Can't wait! scheiss the pokeymons.

Ron Swanson

I’m not really sure the type of person your friend is, but in general, Houston:

Pros

- Fantastic restaurants of every kind you can imagine
- Cheap housing relative to every other major city
- Laid back vibe with cool people
- It has everything
- Good weather about 8.5 months out of the year (summers are hot as balls, but I personally prefer that to extreme winters). Winters are mild and fall/spring are awesome
- Strong economy
- Very diverse and fairly progressive
- Best medical facilities and doctors/surgeons if you should need such a thing

Cons

- Hot summers
- Not a beautiful/scenic city
- Traffic sucks just like any major city. Although I drive around the entire metropolitan area all day every day making sales calls and traffic isn’t THAT bad. It can be brutal if you absolutely have to drive a long distance during the peak rush hour times, but for the most part I get around town pretty easy.

I was born and raised here and live here now, so I’m biased, but I absolutely love living here. It just has a great vibe about it and once you are here for a bit and get used to its quirks, almost veryone comes to love it.

Are they more of a city or suburb type?

Dogfrog

I’m not really sure the type of person your friend is, but in general, Houston:

Pros

- Fantastic restaurants of every kind you can imagine
- Cheap housing relative to every other major city
- Laid back vibe with cool people
- It has everything
- Good weather about 8.5 months out of the year (summers are hot as balls, but I personally prefer that to extreme winters). Winters are mild and fall/spring are awesome
- Strong economy
- Very diverse and fairly progressive
- Best medical facilities and doctors/surgeons if you should need such a thing

Cons

- Hot summers
- Not a beautiful/scenic city
- Traffic sucks just like any major city. Although I drive around the entire metropolitan area all day every day making sales calls and traffic isn’t THAT bad. It can be brutal if you absolutely have to drive a long distance during the peak rush hour times, but for the most part I get around town pretty easy.

I was born and raised here and live here now, so I’m biased, but I absolutely love living here. It just has a great vibe about it and once you are here for a bit and get used to its quirks, almost veryone comes to love it.

Are they more of a city or suburb type?

Good rundown. Only things I would add are:
Pros-
Close to water. It's not Florida, but it's the ocean / bay. Lots of cool out of the way Bay front restaurants and bars. Good place to own a boat.
While there is economic social stratification in Houston it's not obvious like, say in Dallas.
Cons -
The traffic is bad but not terrible. What is kind of unique to Houston is the huge size geographically. Be ready for 60-80 mile round trips unless you stay in your neighborhood.
Hurricanes. We evacuated three times in 18 years. Not fun but tolerable if your work allows you some flexibility to get out early and avoid the slow trek north.