• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

On a more positive note, I had a scrong dinner with Horny 4 Life (HornedEagle) tonight. We met half way and had a good dinner and a few beers. I'd never met him before innperson, but I'll attest that he's a good dude and unique repository for bourbon facts. If you're ever in the Kentucky/Ohio/PA/WV area do yourself a favor and look him up.

Having known the guy for several years I can attest that he is one of the good ones. Definitely agreed with all of the above.

cdsfrog

Personally on paid paternity leave I dont think small businesses need to give much more than a week or two if anything. Corporations have to do it to compete with each other. Fidelity always keep increasing the benefits, pay not so much where they lagged by a lot. 4 months does seem crazy, but only in America. Standard for other countries.

ATC Frog

Oh boy. We've gotta work on your bourbon game. I hope that someday soon you look back on this part of your statement and laugh at yourself a bit.

If you like Woodford, you'll like Old Forester. It's the same juice, stored in the same location, but Woodford bottles are filled with the juice from the honey barrels. Everything else goes to Old Forester.

Weller Special Reserve is a nice choice for a starter. It's a wheater, so it's going to be gentler and a little easier to drink, IMO. It's the same mash bill as the Van Winkle line, but obviously not as good.

As most people on here know, I love me some Four Roses and I recommend their single barrel any chance you get. One of the best values in bourbon, IMO.

Seriously though, send me a PM if you'd like some samples of a wide range of bourbons to help you find your groove. I've got plenty of bourbon and plenty of 2oz sample bottles.

Good info, I just might have to find some time to send you a PM one of these days.

#thepowerofHASMSP

netty2424

Personally on paid paternity leave I dont think small businesses need to give much more than a week or two if anything. Corporations have to do it to compete with each other. Fidelity always keep increasing the benefits, pay not so much where they lagged by a lot. 4 months does seem crazy, but only in America. Standard for other countries.
I've been in the corporate world long enough now to know that large corporations care about money and shareholders. Everyone who busts their asses daily to make a handful of top execs look good, are just a number.

Jobs come and go. Birth of that child only happens once. If my employer only gave me a week off, I would find another job, or not have taken that one to begin with.

It's hard to understand that when you're(not directed at CDS, just in general) in the start or first half of building a career, but there's more to life than meeting a deadline or forecast for some over paid executive who's greed drives them.

Those first couple of months with a baby is an important bonding time. That's typically why kids are so attached to mothers throughout their lives.

Purp

I've been in the corporate world long enough now to know that large corporations care about money and shareholders. Everyone who busts their asses daily to make a handful of top execs look good, are just a number.

Jobs come and go. Birth of that child only happens once. If my employer only gave me a week off, I would find another job, or not have taken that one to begin with.

It's hard to understand that when you're(not directed at CDS, just in general) in the start or first half of building a career, but there's more to life than meeting a deadline or forecast for some over paid executive who's greed drives them.

Those first couple of months with a baby is an important bonding time. That's typically why kids are so attached to mothers throughout their lives.
I don't necessarily disagree with this, but kids have spent the majority of their infancy, toddler, and early childhood years with their mothers throughout human history. I don't understand why, in the last decade, it's become critical for father's to also step into that role.

I'm not saying fathers should abdicate their fatherly duties, I just think paternal duties are different than maternal ones. And it goes back to those obvious differences between men and women. Early childhood development is all about nurturing and gentle care and women, by and large, are more naturally suited for the nurturing role. It feels like political correctness and social justice types are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole in the name of "equality" that I've already stated I find inherently fatuous.

And I'm really ambivalent about what the standard paternity leave is in other countries. Just because another country does something doesn't make it right. I think most of Europe is a clown show right now and it would be advisable for us to not follow suit.

LSU Game Attendee

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but kids have spent the majority of their infancy, toddler, and early childhood years with their mothers throughout human history. I don't understand why, in the last decade, it's become critical for father's to also step into that role.

I'm not saying fathers should abdicate their fatherly duties, I just think paternal duties are different than maternal ones. And it goes back to those obvious differences between men and women. Early childhood development is all about nurturing and gentle care and women, by and large, are more naturally suited for the nurturing role. It feels like political correctness and social justice types are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole in the name of "equality" that I've already stated I find inherently fatuous.

And I'm really ambivalent about what the standard paternity leave is in other countries. Just because another country does something doesn't make it right. I think most of Europe is a clown show right now and it would be advisable for us to not follow suit.

Troglodyte!!! (sarc)

Purp

Need to get more quality crosses than in
Yeah. As compact as their defense was all night the crosses weren't going to find much space. I think we were most dangerous going at them from the wings and pulling their defenders out to create passing lanes and channels for runners to get the ball in threatening areas.

Either way, it was a well played game with a lot of exciting moments that ended with the good guys lifting the hardware.

Horny 4 Life

Got to drink some ooooooooooooooooold bourbon last night, prohibition era Old Grand-Dad. Distilled in 1917 and bottled in 1933. It was delicious.
20294428_10101778994118504_1896322398613706662_n.jpg