• The KillerFrogs

Dead Horses!

Zen Moon

It’s not a fan support issue it’s a fan numbers issue. There aren’t enough of us and there are too many of them to accomplish what you’re talking about with any consistency (if at all). The Utah game crowd happened because there was nobody from Utah trying to buy the tickets.

I honestly don’t see any fix to ever stop this from happening short of reducing ACS seating capacity to about 30,000 and selling out the entire stadium to TCU people/students before the season even starts.

Reverse the roles and give UT/OU 9,000 students and give TCU 40,000-50,000 and the problem would be the same for them.[/QUOTE

Wrong. The Utah crowd was not a result of the Utes failure to attend, rather it was the culmination of years of hard work and outreach in our community. Tickets were still pretty affordable back then and we had started to cultivate our own local t-shirt fans who, along with TCU grads, were buying into the Home Team. It was a beautiful thing and was the beginning of something special.

Things have changed since the renovation, reseating, and the +4. I consider selling season ticket seats to visitors to be an act of fan treason, plain and simple. I just don’t understand it.

Again, I don’t care how many students or alums they have or we have. That’s a tired excuse. On game day, there could be a million of them, but they can’t get in without a ticket. I want as few of them there as possible, and the ones who do get in, I DON’T want them in our best seats. I want them confined to the Amon Carter version of Siberia where they can cluck and do their stupid cheers all they want. I don’t want them sitting next to me doing it in my ear because some jackwagon +4 season ticket holder was looking to make a buck.

Our best hopes are the kids now sitting in the student section. They get it. I hope they grow up and buy season tickets and bring their kids and teach them Riff Ram and how to be there by kickoff and stay until the end to sing the alma mater, and to never sell their tickets to a visiting fan.

Moose Stuff

Wrong. The Utah crowd was not a result of the Utes failure to attend, rather it was the culmination of years of hard work and outreach in our community. Tickets were still pretty affordable back then and we had started to cultivate our own local t-shirt fans who, along with TCU grads, were buying into the Home Team. It was a beautiful thing and was the beginning of something special.

Things have changed since the renovation, reseating, and the +4. I consider selling season ticket seats to visitors to be an act of fan treason, plain and simple. I just don’t understand it.

Again, I don’t care how many students or alums they have or we have. That’s a tired excuse. On game day, there could be a million of them, but they can’t get in without a ticket. I want as few of them there as possible, and the ones who do get in, I DON’T want them in our best seats. I want them confined to the Amon Carter version of Siberia where they can cluck and do their stupid cheers all they want. I don’t want them sitting next to me doing it in my ear because some jackwagon +4 season ticket holder was looking to make a buck.

Our best hopes are the kids now sitting in the student section. They get it. I hope they grow up and buy season tickets and bring their kids and teach them Riff Ram and how to be there by kickoff and stay until the end to sing the alma mater, and to never sell their tickets to a visiting fan.

I don’t want to argue with you, but there’s no way in hell I’m wrong. If that Utah game had been against UT then thousands of those tickets would have been purchased by UT people long before the TCU people who bought them in the couple weeks leading up to the game once they realized how big it was.

Pharm Frog

Is the WSLB any better or worse fans then the east side? No

East-West_Egg_Map.png

Pharm Frog

I remain baffled as to why anyone would care about what someone else does with something that they purchased. If people on either side or in the end zones want to buy tickets and not attend, what difference does it make to someone who does? If they decide to attend and not scream and jump around and smooch their neighbor for the KissCam, what difference does it make? If we beat UT 24-7 in a stadium two-third's full and a majority of attendees diminished by continuous propofol infusion, what difference does it make? (Echoes of Hillary)

Maybe we have "lost" recruits over not having 85,000 pulsating, alcohol-fueled, screaming fans. I'll take the recruits we do get and have gotten and the on-field results that have become much more common than uncommon.

If this was deemed to be as large of an issue as some people make it out to be, it would be resolved or in the progress of getting resolved. But I suspect that it's more a matter of strategic trade-off's. In other words, welcome to life.

Im going to leave this whine fest now. It would be greatly appreciated by myself and many others if the few who routinely cry about their fellow fans could keep it in a single “dead horse” area. Please stop polluting/hijacking every other thread with this garbage. Thank you

Take this crap to the one and only thread for this it will change your life!

NorthDallas40

Can you please tell me exactly where and when GP complained about the WSLB please?

Do you realize that you being someone who use to sit in the WSLB and no longer does, complaining about the WSLB comes off as very sour grapes?

Fans complaining about fans that have better seats. That’s really all it comes down too. You try to disguise this as a football crisis and blah blah blah but your just angry with the guy/girl with better seats. You probably hate the guy with the bigger house, the guy with the nicer car and the guy with the bigger salary too.

Can TCU fans do better with attendance and cheering? Of course

Is the WSLB any better or worse fans then the east side? No

Your comments are misguided. I have never complained on this board about better seats and I certainly could have during the re-seating. Many people just like me that are sitting on the East side have supported TCU football for a very long time. In my case, close to 25 years. The four seats next to mine for the past three seasons have never been occupied by TCU fans thanks to the plus 4.

It does piss me off to see those particular club seats not occupied at all times during games and also seeing the opponents colors throughout. I believe it nullifies home field advantage and it impacts the team and likely to some degree recruiting. I am not going to post anymore on this subject because this is a no-win, but do yourself a favor and don't assume you know everything there is to know about guys like me.

tcumaniac

I remain baffled as to why anyone would care about what someone else does with something that they purchased. If people on either side or in the end zones want to buy tickets and not attend, what difference does it make to someone who does? If they decide to attend and not scream and jump around and smooch their neighbor for the KissCam, what difference does it make? If we beat UT 24-7 in a stadium two-third's full and a majority of attendees diminished by continuous propofol infusion, what difference does it make? (Echoes of Hillary)

Maybe we have "lost" recruits over not having 85,000 pulsating, alcohol-fueled, screaming fans. I'll take the recruits we do get and have gotten and the on-field results that have become much more common than uncommon.

If this was deemed to be as large of an issue as some people make it out to be, it would be resolved or in the progress of getting resolved. But I suspect that it's more a matter of strategic trade-off's. In other words, welcome to life.

Pharm Frog, I typically really like you and your posts, but this is just a ridiculous perspective to me and I think this mindset helps explain why attendance at TCU games is such a deeply rooted problem.

This kind of thinking doesn't happen at schools known for great crowds, great fan loyalty, and great home field advantages. Other fan bases feel as if they have an innate duty to be there there for their team... to be in their seats on time, to cheer loudly, and to stay until the final whistle. This creates a culture where fans hold each other accountable. This doesn't exist at TCU.

Why should we care what someone does with the seats they purchase to TCU games? What difference does it make whether they show up or not?

This line of thinking from the majority of our fan base is why we should maybe taps the breaks on arrogantly making fun of Aggy for thinking they have a chance at getting GMFP. For the first time in a VERY long time, I am genuinely frightened that Patterson may seriously consider leaving. I've heard it cited it more than once from very plugged in and reputable sources that Gary is fed up with our entitled fan base that shows up when convenient... if they ever show up at all.

HeidelFrog

Your comments are misguided. I have never complained on this board about better seats and I certainly could have during the re-seating. Many people just like me that are sitting on the East side have supported TCU football for a very long time. In my case, close to 25 years. The four seats next to mine for the past three seasons have never been occupied by TCU fans thanks to the plus 4.

It does piss me off to see those particular club seats not occupied at all times during games and also seeing the opponents colors throughout. I believe it nullifies home field advantage and it impacts the team and likely to some degree recruiting. I am not going to post anymore on this subject because this is a no-win, but do yourself a favor and don't assume you know everything there is to know about guys like me.
Thank you for not posting on this topic anymore. I do appreciate that...

Pharm Frog

Pharm Frog, I typically really like you and your posts, but this is just a ridiculous perspective to me and I think this mindset helps explain why attendance at TCU games is such a deeply rooted problem.

This kind of thinking doesn't happen at schools known for great crowds, great fan loyalty, and great home field advantages. Other fan bases feel as if they have an innate duty to be there there for their team... to be in their seats on time, to cheer loudly, and to stay until the final whistle. This creates a culture where fans hold each other accountable. This doesn't exist at TCU.

Why should we care what someone does with the seats they purchase to TCU games? What difference does it make whether they show up or not?

This line of thinking from the majority of our fan base is why we should maybe taps the breaks on arrogantly making fun of Aggy for thinking they have a chance at getting GMFP. For the first time in a VERY long time, I am genuinely frightened that Patterson may seriously consider leaving. I've heard it cited it more than once from very plugged in and reputable sources that Gary is fed up with our entitled fan base that shows up when convenient... if they ever show up at all.

If attendance at TCU games was "a deeply rooted" problem, CDC and other stakeholders would be all over it. I don't fancy CDC as being the type of fella who discovers "root causes" and ignores them.

I don't care one flip about fans "holding each other accountable" or whatever you mean by that. I don't think that's the role of the fan nor do I think its even possible.

Finally, if CGP is so "fed up" with our fans that he would consider bolting for A&M for that reason, then I won't spend one second worrying about it and be equally baffled by those that do. I most definitely would not be "frightened". I cannot imagine a rational human being leaving TCU solely because it has an entitled fan base to go to A&M (or similar) and the type of entitlement and scrutiny that would be experienced there. And I haven't made fun of A&M for thinking they could get CGP mainly because there's so much other material to make fun of them for.

Personally, I think TCU should be ecstatic about the fandom that it has generated and the support it has cultivated within the community. Those who complain that its not enough or somehow deficient I find to be fashionably insecure and inexplicably jealous of other schools. I note with interest that OU must be deficient in its fan base since its QB is having to implore attendees to cheer. One would think that would be unnecessary for such a storied program.

EDIT: And, I typically like you and love your passion. That's why you're the Maniac. I just think you are too sensitive to this issue. AND, I expect that you will continue to be exercised by this issue.

Moose Stuff

I can’t help you at all if you’ve been a TCU fan your entire life and don’t realize how loyal our fans are. Look at our attendance as a percentage of students who attend and a percentage of living alumni that attend and it blows most big state schools out of the water (that info has been posted here several times in the past). It’s FAR more about numbers than loyalty. And if Gary is genuinely fed up with attendance to the extent that he would leave then it seems odd that he would say this.....

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon

Maniac I've never had the pleasure of meeting you but hope to do so one day, maybe this weekend in Norman.

Your passion for all things TCU is infectious and to be commended.

As a current undergraduate student, I wish all the students here felt as strongly about TCU as you do.

I hear way to many stories from classmates that leave at half, or just tailgate the game.

But c'mon sir...

tenor.gif