• The KillerFrogs

Dead Horses!

HeidelFrog

Deep please see the picture at the start of the 3rd quarter, all the club seats and WLB seats are empty. It's embarrassing, it did kill the atmosphere, people on the sidelines complain and it hurts recruiting. Don't be a dumbass. Take off the purple glasses.
Are you and Maniac friends? If not, you should be. Maybe you could exchange phone numbers and be each other’s support group.

Bruce Berry

Couple in the parking spot next to mine have attended exactly 0 games this year. At least they donated pass for Saturday's game-which was bought by UT people.

HeidelFrog

I was thinking the exact same thing.

BTW, did you call the ticket office today about tracking online seat sales as I suggested?
I have sold and bought many tickets on Stubhub over the years. Never HAD to enter barcodes. If that recently changed, then that’s fine. I’m not aware of it but maybe you are. Congrats! My original question to you was legitimely asking you “how can you track” who resells on stubhub. Instead of responding in a mature way, you responded like a 2 year old with your name calling. You have a serious problem engaging in respectful conversations with people who don’t share your point of view.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
View attachment 3855

Because this is [ darn ]ing embarrassing and is not a home field advantage.
Did you wait anxiously for most opportune moment to take a picture to prove your point? The stadium was fantastic Saturday. Best atmosphere in a long time. I would say you are not a true fan since you didn't donate significant funds to bring the stadium up to standard and all you do is complain.

See, you have decided how to define a good fan. So I'm going to do so as well.

Also, I'm not embarrassed one bit. Maybe you should move to the west side or an end zone so you don't have to be so triggered.

HeidelFrog

Did you wait anxiously for most opportune moment to take a picture to prove your point? The stadium was fantastic Saturday. Best atmosphere in a long time. I would say you are not a true fan since you didn't donate significant funds to bring the stadium up to standard and all you do is complain.

See, you have decided how to define a good fan. So I'm going to do so as well.

Also, I'm not embarrassed one bit. Maybe you should move to the west side or an end zone so you don't have to be so triggered.
I wonder how many away games these “diehard” fans go to? I don’t miss any.. I never hear any purple fans that travel complain about this stuff.

TX_Krötenechse

TL6Sq8M.jpg

Here’s the beginning of the fourth quarter. It only took about five minutes for the west side to fill back in to where it was in the second quarter, minus a little tailgate attrition.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
TL6Sq8M.jpg

Here’s the beginning of the fourth quarter. It only took about five minutes for the west side to fill back in to where it was in the second quarter, minus a little tailgate attrition.

Watch the first 20 seconds of this replay. My God the West side is full. Must have been all Longhorn fans in disguise. So embarrassing.

tcumaniac

I wonder how many away games these “diehard” fans go to? I don’t miss any.. I never hear any purple fans that travel complain about this stuff.

Good point. I've never been to an away game in my life. In fact, it's well documented on here. If you run into me in Norman, be assured that it's not actually me.

Last edited:

NorthDallas40

I hate pictures like this because honestly what's the point? You want me to take pictures of the east side because the upper deck is awful every single game too. Or do you want me to post pictures of the last two student sections that were half full after halftime? But go ahead and think it's just a club seat problem

The point is, since 2012, those West side club sections have looked that way not only after halftime, but also at the beginning and in the middle of some games. It is a club seat problem because the West side is supposed to be the Home side and the Home side is supposed to give energy to the bench. I took the picture because it still bothers me as an alumni who used to sit on the West side. I see this as an issue with big time recruits and maybe someday trying to attract a new head coach. There are plenty of other universities who have facilities that are as impressive as ours that have packed houses while playing worse teams. Patterson has commented before about the West side, but I haven't ever heard him complain publicly about the student section or the East side upper deck.

HeidelFrog

The point is, since 2012, those West side club sections have looked that way not only after halftime, but also at the beginning and in the middle of some games. It is a club seat problem because the West side is supposed to be the Home side and the Home side is supposed to give energy to the bench. I took the picture because it still bothers me as an alumni who used to sit on the West side. I see this as an issue with big time recruits and maybe someday trying to attract a new head coach. There are plenty of other universities who have facilities that are as impressive as ours that have packed houses while playing worse teams. Patterson has commented before about the West side, but I haven't ever heard him complain publicly about the student section or the East side upper deck.
Can you please tell me exactly where and when GP complained about the WSLB please?

Do you realize that you being someone who use to sit in the WSLB and no longer does, complaining about the WSLB comes off as very sour grapes?

Fans complaining about fans that have better seats. That’s really all it comes down to. You try to disguise this as a football crisis and blah blah blah but your just angry with the guy/girl with better seats. You probably hate the guy with the bigger house, the guy with the nicer car and the guy with the bigger salary too.

Can TCU fans do better with attendance and cheering? Of course

Is the WSLB any better or worse fans then the east side? No

Last edited:

tcumaniac

I have sold and bought many tickets on Stubhub over the years. Never HAD to enter barcodes. If that recently changed, then that’s fine. I’m not aware of it but maybe you are. Congrats! My original question to you was legitimely asking you “how can you track” who resells on stubhub. Instead of responding in a mature way, you responded like a 2 year old with your name calling. You have a serious problem engaging in respectful conversations with people who don’t share your point of view.

I said you were too naive and uninformed to have an educated opinion on the topic you kept confidently claiming I was wrong about.

Admittedly, it wasn't the most kind or respectful way to respond, but I think it's a bit dramatic to call it "2 year old name calling." And I do, admittedly, have a chip on my shoulder regarding this topic, because I find it absolutely absurd that I'm continually attacked for being frustrated with the current status of our game to game attendance due to reasons that were foreseeable, avoidable, are currently fixable, and yet they continue to be denied and ignored over and over and over.

Yes, I did lose my cool and call Todd D an idiot. But to my defense, he was being one by suggesting that we would rather have quiet/unenergetic fans behind our home bench.

I'm not that far removed from TCU. I have friends that are current players and recent former players. Our attendance, most specifically the west side lower bowl right behind our team bench, is VERY much a problem and our coaches and players are VERY, VERY frustrated by it. We've lost recruits because of it, and it is something that is regularly complained about internally by our players and coaches. Unfortunately, they have their hands tied behind their backs and don't have an appropriate medium to express their frustration. But trust me. It doesn't go unnoticed.

But some reason, our fan base is okay with accepting things for how they are. We're okay with convincing ourselves that that there isn't a problem and that an empty section behind our team's bench is what it takes to be big time. We're okay assuming that things can't be better. We're okay with saying "Hey. At least this is a hell of a lot better than my days at TCU." We're okay with fellow Frogs hoarding up our best seats with no intention to do anything other than sell them on stubhub. We're okay with our home stadium feeling like an Air BnB for other fans.

We have the best coach in college football, and a football program capable of winning a national championship and yet we take all of it for granted. We're okay with showing up after kickoff, leaving before half time, and then maybe showing back up midway through the 3rd quarter.

And then we arrogantly laugh at school's like A&M that discuss the possibility of luring Gary to their school. Continue to deny and ignore the problem at hand, and don't be surprised when Patterson starts to listen to schools that regularly pack the house with over 100,000 fans.

HeidelFrog

I said you were too naive and uninformed to have an educated opinion on the topic you kept confidently claiming I was wrong about.

Admittedly, it wasn't the most kind or respectful way to respond, but I think it's a bit dramatic to call it "2 year old name calling." And I do, admittedly, have a chip on my shoulder regarding this topic, because I find it absolutely absurd that I'm continually attacked for being frustrated with the current status of our game to game attendance due to reasons that were foreseeable, avoidable, are currently fixable, and yet they continue to be denied and ignored over and over and over.

Yes, I did lose my cool and call Todd D an idiot. But to my defense, he was being one by suggesting that we would rather have quiet/unenergetic fans behind our home bench.

I'm not that far removed from TCU. I have friends that are current players and recent former players. Our attendance, most specifically the west side lower bowl right behind our team bench, is VERY much a problem and our coaches and players are VERY, VERY frustrated by it. We've lost recruits because of it, and it is something that is regularly complained about internally by our players and coaches. Unfortunately, they have their hands tied behind their backs and don't have an appropriate medium to express their frustration. But trust me. It doesn't go unnoticed.

But some reason, our fan base is okay with accepting things for how they are. We're okay with convincing ourselves that that there isn't a problem and that an empty section behind our team's bench is what it takes to be big time. We're okay assuming that things can't be better. We're okay with saying "Hey. At least this is a hell of a lot better than my days at TCU." We're okay with fellow Frogs hoarding up our best seats with no intention to do anything other than sell them on stubhub. We're okay with our home stadium feeling like an Air BnB for other fans.

We have the best coach in college football, and a football program capable of winning a national championship and yet we take all of it for granted. We're okay with showing up after kickoff, leaving before half time, and then maybe showing back up midway through the 3rd quarter.

And then we arrogantly laugh at school's like A&M that discuss the possibility of luring Gary to their school. Continue to deny and ignore the problem at hand, and don't be surprised when Patterson starts to listen to schools that regularly pack the house with over 100,000 fans.
Maniac, everyone is painfully aware of your feelings on this topic. You have made your point very well known. Some people agree with you and some people don’t. If you could focus on the positive a little bit more and talk about the actual game instead of consistently complaining about fellow fans, you may get some more enjoyment out of this forum.

tcumaniac

Can you please tell me exactly where and when GP complained about the WSLB please?

Do you realize that you being someone who use to sit in the WSLB and no longer does, complaining about the WSLB comes off as very sour grapes?

Fans complaining about fans that have better seats. That’s really all it comes down too. You try to disguise this as a football crisis and blah blah blah but your just angry with the guy/girl with better seats. You probably hate the guy with the bigger house, the guy with the nicer car and the guy with the bigger salary too.

Can TCU fans do better with attendance and cheering? Of course

Is the WSLB any better or worse fans then the east side? No

Your argument here is absolute trash and extremely arrogant / condescending. (hypocrite much?)

People would not be frustrated that people had better seats than them if the seats were regularly occupied and sat in.

People are frustrated that the best seats in the stadium continue to sit empty game after game after game. People are frustrated that our attendance problems literally affect our capability to recruit most effectively. People like NorthDallas40 are especially frustrated because the old seats they used to faithfully sit in now regularly go unoccupied. Cut it out with your elitist crap. It's a bad look.

HeidelFrog

Your argument is absolute trash and extremely arrogant & condescending. (hypocrite much?)

People would not frustrated that people had better seats than them if the seats were regularly occupied and sat in.

People are frustrated that the best seats in the stadium continue to sit empty game after game after game. People are frustrated that our attendance problems literally affect our capability to recruit most effectively. People like NorthDallas40 are especially frustrated because the old seats they used to faithfully sit in now regularly go unoccupied. Cut it out with your elitist crap. It's a bad look.
Picture of west side lower bowl last game.
Keep pretending it’s a football crisis.

Attachments

• C56DC519-DA1F-4EF6-8994-5F950F257D6C.jpeg
    C56DC519-DA1F-4EF6-8994-5F950F257D6C.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 18

Deep Purple

Deep please see the picture at the start of the 3rd quarter, all the club seats and WLB seats are empty. It's embarrassing, it did kill the atmosphere, people on the sidelines complain and it hurts recruiting. Don't be a dumbass. Take off the purple glasses.
Surfrog, at the start of the 3rd quarter, I was sitting on the West side looking at a half-empty East-side upper deck and 1-1/2 out of four lower-deck student sections being empty. That did as much to "kill the atmosphere" as any MIA's on the West side. So don't be a dumbass. Take off your East-side glasses.

And by the way, in case you haven't noticed, the 3rd quarter is always the most sedate quarter on the part of Horned Frog home crowds, no matter who the opponent or how large the overall attendance. I don't know why this is true, but it is. I've observed it and puzzled over it for over 20 years of attending games at ACS.

Last edited:

tcumaniac

Picture of west side lower bowl last game.
Keep pretending it’s a football crisis.

VERY, deceiving angle. That's before kickoff as the team is running onto the field, and yeah it looks full.

But here's what it looked like a minute into the opening drive. A little less impressive huh?

23380244_10210101223716478_8340259114682681998_n.jpg

HeidelFrog

Im going to leave this whine fest now. It would be greatly appreciated by myself and many others if the few who routinely cry about their fellow fans could keep it in a single “dead horse” area. Please stop polluting/hijacking every other thread with this garbage. Thank you