• The KillerFrogs

Dale Hanson tonight on Ch 8 is doing his "unplugged" segment

rifram09

Haha. This was a funny thread to read through. Poor Dale. Dude got absolutely trashed from his family life to hair plugs, then...
My%2520Bad%2520!%2520%2520Sorry%2520!.jpg

weklfrog

Didn't bother watching. What was this extremist email?
He railed against an email that said that there should be legislation that any college kid that ever got caught with drugs or got a dwi should be banned forever from playing college sports and there should also be a moral turpitude clause that if violated would also make them ineligible. I might have some of the facts off but I think this was the gist of it. Hansen then said he didn't agree with that, that kids by their nature will make stupid mistakes and if anyone that smoked a joint got kicked out of school there wouldn't be anyone left. And even though dwi is wrong, most of us have or will do it at some point. And with a smirk, blamed it on irresponsible bartenders who overserve people who then do something stupid like try to drive home. Nothing he said came close the to controversy he hinted at prior to his little sermon.

OmniscienceFrog

I thought it was a bullcrap piece. He took an extremist email that very few agree with and beat the straw man with a view that most people agree with. But first by prefacing that we need to sit down to listen to it. Nothing he said was controversial and it was basic common sense. He played it up to be something that would make a lot of people mad. A bunch of poo hoo about nothing.

I'll bet it brought him quite a few viewers from Fort Worth and Killerfrogs.com that he wouldn't have ordinarily had.

weklfrog

I'll bet it brought him quite a few viewers from Fort Worth and Killerfrogs.com that he wouldn't have ordinarily had.
Likely did. And I agree with almost everything he said. But he misrepresented himself yesterday in saying that he was going to tell us what most of us do not want to hear and today when he said we should sit down for this as though he was going to stick his neck out and say something controversial. All he said was what most of us already agree with. The email that he responded to expressed an extreme viewpoint that few people would agree with and thus did not need to an unplugged segment to refute.

Sangria Wine

I'd say what he said was pretty controversial to a lot of people. People tend to want to crucify drunk drivers but it is probably the most commonly violated, potentially criminal level offense on the books and probably 90% of the population has done it at least once in their life. A very large percentage of the population has at least experimented with illegal drugs. Plenty think Casey ought to be crucified and cast off. LHCGMFP has other plans and hopes for Casey the human and Casey the player. Dale Hanson took his side. Is it that hard to just appreciate what the guy had to say? It was supportive of Casey, our coach and the university.

YA

Patterson alluded to the same type of emails he got over the situation. Said he was taken back by the vindictive hateful responses from business people identifying their business. Said he felt sorry for those employees of those email writters.

Dale made the same points. Too many hypocrites on this issue and many of them on this board.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel used to drink heavily as a teen and young adult.

Hasn't touched the stuff in years though,

BwaHaaHaaHaa! Couldn't seriously pull that oneoff. My bad...

Latest posts