• The KillerFrogs

Dale Hanson tonight on Ch 8 is doing his "unplugged" segment

joejordan

Nope just led a full life! I was a volunteer in several organizations for 20 years. If you want a laugh I'll send you a pic of me when I was doing a photo op with Harold Taft and Bobbie Wygant in the 80's. But won't post here. The hair and beard was so 80'ish. :tongue:

Thats OK - I prefer my imaginative view of what KF.c members really look like. That gets plenty of laughs!

What's sad is he was pretty cool back in the day. I had several conversations with him and he was always amiable, must have been the beer.

I played with him at Winstar about 2 years ago and he remembered me, but he wasn't too happy after I took a grand from him. LOL

frogbyproxy

Thats OK - I prefer my imaginative view of what KF.c members really look like. That gets plenty of laughs!

+1 hummm.. On second thought that could be real bad. :dry: :tongue:

The first time I heard Dale go off the wall was in late 90's! He's one of the guys that has to be related to the owner of the station to be able to stay there.

froginaustin

Yep. If you ever want to find Dale check out the cigar bar Havana (in Victory Park) right before one of his segments. Seems like he is always there. In fact, he usually leaves the bar around 10:20pm walks next door, does his segment then comes back to drink/smoke some more. I've always wondered how the news anchors can handle the smell of him on set. He has to reek of alcohol/cigars.

That's bad?

Purple Daze

I have no idea what stance Hansen will take tonight but reading everyone's posts has me thinking-pondering a few things.

If Dale is drinking every night at a bar in Victory Plaza before doing his segment, how does he keep his job?

When he was on The Ticket, I learned that he lives in Waxahachie. If he is indeed drinking every night, I wonder how he gets home every night? Is he wealthy enough to have a driver, does he take a daily-nightly (great Monkees track by the way) cab home or does he drive himself?

If all this is true isn't he the king of hypocrisy?

oldscribe

About 15 years ago Dale stopped being a really good opinionated broadcaster and became a self-caricature. He's not happy anymore unless he's saying something outrageous/contrarian/inflammatory. Basically, he's what TV newscasts have become. So, when he says he's going to say something somebody won't like, that's like saying the sky is blue.

Very true about Dale as a self-caricature. But what he is saying is the new version of ``don't touch that dial!"

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Dale's comment wasn't that much about Pachall, more of a discussion about legislating morality.

He admitted making bad choices himself at 21 and 61.

Very understanding commentary. Included video from LHCGMFP's presser and gave credit to Patterson for his response.

Not sure where the original characterization of this came from, but it was way off. Looks like we (including me) jumped the gun on making judgements on this one, fellow Frogs.

weklfrog

I think some folks on here owe Dale Hanson and apology. He was awesome in that piece.
I thought it was a bullcrap piece. He took an extremist email that very few agree with and beat the straw man with a view that most people agree with. But first by prefacing that we need to sit down to listen to it. Nothing he said was controversial and it was basic common sense. He played it up to be something that would make a lot of people mad. A bunch of poo hoo about nothing.