• The KillerFrogs

Dale Hanson tonight on Ch 8 is doing his "unplugged" segment

Frog Attack II

I bet that Dale is glad that WFAA didn't have the same policies as TCU.... he would have been gone a long time ago.

Dale & Jane (Ch 5) would make a great pair... the DUI duo!

HFrog1999

I bet that Dale is glad that WFAA didn't have the same policies as TCU.... he would have been gone a long time ago.

Dale & Jane (Ch 5) would make a great pair... the DUI duo!
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Gunner

He has promised that the folks in Fort Worth are not going to like it one bit. He is bringing the hate.

He loves to stir up controversy, but his biggest problem is his belly falling over his belt. The most childish sports person in the metroplex and I turn him off at every opportunity...

fanatical frog

I havn't tuned in to local news in years. I vaguely remember a sports guy named Dale Hansen but I truly couldn't pick him out of a line-up.

Among the things in life you can be sure about is the lead story on local news invariably involves either an apartment fire or a 7-11 stick up.

The only reason to ever tune in to local news is to get Finfrocks weather report and that's available online. So I just don't bother.

Boomhauer

Is there a time he's not drunk? I've known several people who've worked for Channel 8, and the story from each of them is that he's loathed by virtually everyone there.

Yep. If you ever want to find Dale check out the cigar bar Havana (in Victory Park) right before one of his segments. Seems like he is always there. In fact, he usually leaves the bar around 10:20pm walks next door, does his segment then comes back to drink/smoke some more. I've always wondered how the news anchors can handle the smell of him on set. He has to reek of alcohol/cigars.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Any ideas what blew up his sponsorship of Dallas/Fort Worth Can Academies? Seems one day he was mister "write off the car, not the kids" and the next, he doesn't even mention them. Hal Jay has picked up the banner now.

frogbyproxy

I may watch it just to remind me why I haven't turned my TV to local news in years! If a few of you wonder why I hate the media as much as I do I had two incidents with local TV. First was a small aircraft crashing in northern Tarrant County killing two people we had known for 10 years or more. Channel 11 cameraman kept walking around the aircraft even though we demanded he needed to leave several times. He literally stepped on both bodies twice wile filming and the second time kicked at the blanket of the 16 year old boy laying underneath it.

One of Dale Hanson's co-workers (passed away 10 years ago) was at the Wichita Falls tornado aftermath and I had just come out of a building after searching for two hours. I told him there was no one was trapped in the building and we were only waiting for trucks to carry ammunition away. I walked away and was talking to the Sheriff when a kid came out and told the reporter there could be three people trapped. Duh! Guess what version the reporter put on TV. I really don't watch the news anymore.

joejordan

I may watch it just to remind me why I haven't turned my TV to local news in years! If a few of you wonder why I hate the media as much as I do I had two incidents with local TV. First was a small aircraft crashing in northern Tarrant County killing two people we had known for 10 years or more. Channel 11 cameraman kept walking around the aircraft even though we demanded he needed to leave several times. He literally stepped on both bodies twice wile filming and the second time kicked at the blanket of the 16 year old boy laying underneath it.

One of Dale Hanson's co-workers (passed away 10 years ago) was at the Wichita Falls tornado aftermath and I had just come out of a building after searching for two hours. I told him there was no one was trapped in the building and we were only waiting for trucks to carry ammunition away. I walked away and was talking to the Sheriff when a kid came out and told the reporter there could be three people trapped. Duh! Guess what version the reporter put on TV. I really don't watch the news anymore.

Dang. Are you Spiderman?

frogbyproxy

Dang. Are you Spiderman?

Nope just led a full life! I was a volunteer in several organizations for 20 years. If you want a laugh I'll send you a pic of me when I was doing a photo op with Harold Taft and Bobbie Wygant in the 80's. But won't post here. The hair and beard was so 80'ish. :tongue: