• The KillerFrogs

College World Series – TCU vs. Vanderbilt – Friday Game Thread

Special team.  Special year.  I wish it didn't end here tonight but it did and we all know it's not easy to win a Championship.  Being in the final four is nothing for anyone to hang their head about.  I think we'll get there sooner rather than later.

Reptilian

My guess is the aggies are celebrating harder than Vandy. Silly gomers.

Making the final four in anything is impressive. Taking out the top seed convincingly was fun. We lost the tourney Tuesday. Give up one run on two hits and we leave 9 RISP. Just couldn't do it.

Glad we didn't have a bunch of guys moping around. Was great to see the Seniors and coaches enjoy the moment once the verdict was clear.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

Absolutely. I had a blast going to our first CWS, then I thought last season couldn't be topped, but this season was easily the best/most fun. Great darning sports-year.

Man I hope Trent Johnson gets basketball going. It would be awesome to be good at all 3

TCUdirtbag

Helluva season. Loved following this team. Great guys. Tons of great memories. Will truly miss CoJo, Odell, Keaton, Crain, Fagnan, Riley Heart Attack Ferrell, Teak, Young, and Evans. 

1-0 on the road vs. the #1 National Seed (UCLA). 2-0 in Omaha vs. the #2 National Seed (LSU), 1-2 vs. the defending national champs in LA and Omaha (Vandy). Over 30 wins in Lupton. Big 12 Champs. Best team in Texas. Won a wild Super Regional series at home over the Aggies. Pulled some magic out of a hat to win the Regional out of the loser's bracket. Swept Texas. Swept Oklahoma. Swept Baylor. Swept Kansas. Swept WVU. Won the series in Lubbock. Took a series at ASU. Made a statement in SoCal. Over 50 wins. Second-furthest TCU has ever made it in Omaha. 

Always proud of and thankful for Coach Schloss. Very proud of the 2015 Horned Frogs. 

As we've said all week: there's a lot more important things than baseball. 

Go Frogs. #NEGU.

cdsfrog

TCUdirtbag said:
Helluva season. Loved following this team. Great guys. Tons of great memories. Will truly miss CoJo, Odell, Keaton, Crain, Fagnan, Riley Heart Attack Ferrell, Teak, Young, and Evans. 

1-0 on the road vs. the #1 National Seed (UCLA). 2-0 in Omaha vs. the #2 National Seed (LSU), 1-2 vs. the defending national champs in LA and Omaha (Vandy). Over 30 wins in Lupton. Big 12 Champs. Best team in Texas. Won a wild Super Regional series at home over the Aggies. Pulled some magic out of a hat to win the Regional out of the loser's bracket. Swept Texas. Swept Oklahoma. Swept Baylor. Swept Kansas. Swept WVU. Won the series in Lubbock. Took a series at ASU. Made a statement in SoCal. Over 50 wins. Second-furthest TCU has ever made it in Omaha. 

Always proud of and thankful for Coach Schloss. Very proud of the 2015 Horned Frogs. 

Go Frogs. #NEGU.

Thanks for making it easy to follow TCU baseball.

Most of all thanks for collectively putting all of their accomplishments into that post. Really sums up an awesome season

rifram09

TCUdirtbag said:

Go Frogs. #NEGU.
Pure class post.

TCURiggs

Seriously though, Micah's whole ordeal has made me much less of the typical sore-loser, richard-head sports fan that I usually am after a big loss. Don't get me wrong, I had my bad moments tonight, but I kept thinking about that whole "perspective" thing we've heard all week. It sucks that our Frogs lost, but what a helluva run we just had. I bet Micah and his family got a big kick out of it and all of the coverage they received. That little dude is the star of all of this, and I think the Frogs did him proud this week. Stay strong, little fella!

swimmerbabe11

Yep. I think if we had lost last night I would have been really upset because I was still really emotional from the initial news from Micah's family...it felt really good to get one more win 'for him' after that it was all about the getting perspective.

NYC Horned Frog

TCUdirtbag said:

Go Frogs. #NEGU.
They played their asses off, consistantly. I am so proud to be a frog. They were always top notch, all season.

pgdaly84

TCUdirtbag said:

Go Frogs. #NEGU.
Couldn't say it any better. We'll be back to Omaha sooner than later. This is a program with a lot of elite talent coming in, and we have an elite coach. But this was a magical ride. Never forget being there for the impossible comeback against NCSU and the 16-inning battle with the Aggies that led to my first trip to Omaha to see us spank one of the greatest programs in college baseball on the biggest stage. Thank you seniors and thank you Frogs for some truly special memories! We will be back, and we will get to the top of the mountain soon.

TCaliU

TCURiggs said:
Seriously though, Micah's whole ordeal has made me much less of the typical sore-loser, richard-head sports fan that I usually am after a big loss. Don't get me wrong, I had my bad moments tonight, but I kept thinking about that whole "perspective" thing we've heard all week. It sucks that our Frogs lost, but what a helluva run we just had. I bet Micah and his family got a big kick out of it and all of the coverage they received. That little dude is the star of all of this, and I think the Frogs did him proud this week. Stay strong, little fella!
+1000000000000000000000000

tcudoc

OmniscienceFrog said:
No he didn't.  Squared around while the pitch barrels in on your head does not equal offering.
He offered his neck, which he placed into the corner of the strike zone, according to how it looked on a few replays on my TV.  He placed himself squarely in harm's way and did a very poor job of protecting himself from the ball.  That is not on the pitcher, IMHO.

Ron Swanson

Congrats to an awesome team and staff on a great season. It was a hell of a fun ride with a special group of guys. And I'm glad Micah and his family got to see it. That's a special little dude right there.

And sorry if I got a little aggressive on here last night. I was drunk and sports-angry.

I'm at the bay with my dog by my side and a drink in my hand now, all is right in the world...

GC4XaYQ.jpg

tcudoc

Ron Swanson said:
Congrats to an awesome team and staff on a great season. It was a hell of a fun ride with a special group of guys. And I'm glad Micah and his family got to see it. That's a special little dude right there.

And sorry if I got a little aggressive on here last night. I was drunk and sports-angry.

I'm at the bay with my dog by my side and a drink in my hand now, all is right in the world...

GC4XaYQ.jpg
That is a good-looking dog.