• The KillerFrogs

College World Series – TCU vs. Vanderbilt – Friday Game Thread

TCUdirtbag

8XzTwfx.png

oZUqR5T.png
Vandy vs. TCU – Friday, June 19 – 7 pm CT
TCU (51–14, 13–8 vs. RPI Top 50, 8–3 NCAAT)
*Vandy (49–19, 19–10 vs. RPI Top 50, 7–0 NCAAT)
[SIZE=9pt]*Vandy is the designated home team[/SIZE]​
 ​
Watch / Listen / Follow
TV:  ESPN
[SIZE=10.5pt]Streaming Video:  WatchESPN (login)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Streaming Audio:  FrogVision (free)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Live Stats:  GameTracker[/SIZE]
 ​
Game Preview
TCU:  [SIZE=10.5pt]GoFrogs.com[/SIZE] | [SIZE=10.5pt]Game Notes[/SIZE]
VU:  [SIZE=10.5pt]VUcommodores.com | Game Notes[/SIZE]
 ​
Possible Starting Pitchers
[SIZE=10.5pt]TCU:  So. LHP [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Tyler Alexander[/SIZE]
6–2, 2.86 ERA, 16 app / 14 starts
91.1 IP, 85 H, 37 R, 29 ER, 9 BB, 69 SO, .241 b/avg
[SIZE=10.5pt]Vandy:  Jr. RHP [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Walker Beuhler[/SIZE]
4–2, 2.97 ERA, 14 app / 14 starts
78.2 IP, 78 H, 31 R, 26 ER, 25 BB, 81 SO, .262 b/avg
 ​
[SIZE=10.5pt]POSTGAME PRESS CONFERENCE LINK [LIVE following the game][/SIZE]​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMnyT02bUnc​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBcfWBWHkcA

Young and Horned

Man, when we win this game today, that is going to set up one hell of a pitching matchup tomorrow. 

Hopefully the rain won't save Vandy again like it did against Cal State Fullerton. 

TCUdirtbag

I imagine we'll see Beuhler for Vandy today. If so, Alexander seems like the guy for TCU since Vandy struggled with our lefty on Tuesday. If we can pull off a W tonight, that sets up an epic Fulmer-Morrison battle tomorrow. 

Armadillo

TCUdirtbag, you just COUNLDN'T wait, could you?  I bet you've been up since 5am just chomping at the bit to get this gameday thread up and running!  Like a kid on Christmas morning!   Thanks for all the opening info.

I had to drop off the GDT last night after the first inning.  I was being to negative about the bats.  Once I dropped off, they came alive.  The bats that is.  

Thanks again Dirtbag.  Go Frogs!

TCUdirtbag

Armadillo said:
TCUdirtbag, you just COUNLDN'T wait, could you?  I bet you've been up since 5am just chomping at the bit to get this gameday thread up and running!  Like a kid on Christmas morning!   Thanks for all the opening info.

I had to drop off the GDT last night after the first inning.  I was being to negative about the bats.  Once I dropped off, they came alive.  The bats that is.  

Thanks again Dirtbag.  Go Frogs!

lol. No I'm sitting in the airport about to fly up to Omaha. Drinking my coffee and about to ditch the laptop for the day. Thought I might as well do my copy/pate and 5 minutes of updating and be done with it. 

wamos001 said:
Team records are updated, but not the records vs. Top 50 RPI or NCAAT, correct?

They should be correct as of today. I didn't cross check with Warren Nolan, though. 

TCUdirtbag said:
lol. No I'm sitting in the airport about to fly up to Omaha. Drinking my coffee and about to ditch the laptop for the day. Thought I might as well do my copy/pate and 5 minutes of updating and be done with it. 
Thanks for posting!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
TCUdirtbag said:
If you see Scott or I tonight say hi.

Ron Swanson

TCUdirtbag said:
ik3PE35JGEU9Y.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
TCUdirtbag said:
I'll keep an eye open. Entertaining the in-laws so it's going to be a long day (hopefully a long weekend though).
I certainly hope so. I'd love to be faced with the problem of my wife needing to be back in DFW before her Wednesday night class and the Frogs still playing here in Omaha.

JugbandFrog

Jessica-Mendoza-Headshot_crop.jpg

We must remember to praise Mendoza for her beauty and her intellect. The Softball Gods reached over and punished us for our lack of understanding of the similarities between baseball and women's softball. 

jake102

jugbandfrog said:

The Softball Gods reached over and punished us for our lack of understanding of the similarities between baseball and women's softball. 

I noticed all of our guys really stepping up in the batters box to take away the pitch movement last night.... couple did a good job slapping one through the 5/6 hole too. Hell Guillerory pretty much pitches underhand

texasrobster1997

I love that we were able to hand LSU two losses. I really, really want us to win it all but I kind of feel like everything is gravy at this point...beating Aggie and the number one team twice is pretty awesome

jake102

TCUdirtbag said:
It's Alexander and Beuhler tonight.

TA will terrify us with pitch to contact but we'll get a righty against our heavy LH lineup. Gonna be wild.

Looks like I'm stocking up on the blue mountains. 

Man hope I'm wrong but I think the magic number is 7 to win this game.  (I had guessed 4 last night... off by one)

Should we play tomorrow, magic number is 3.

Strat Frog

Would it be more interesting if the two CWS brackets blended so that there were opportunities for all the teams to potentially play each other, instead of the same teams playing each other several times?