• The KillerFrogs

About to buy my season tix, a brief rant

BABYFACE

Trying to think of a way to make a comment about your family planning but it's not coming to me. Buy me some BBQ and I'll be happy.

My real gripe is not the donation, it's the fact that all the good seats are gone. People are gaining a benefit in the priority points race by buying up tix and putting them on stub hub.

I hear ya. Quite a few of us were not haapy about those hoarding seats in first week of selection then putting them up on stubhub.

Spike

I don't really understand why you are at the back of the line if you have bought season tickets before.

Bought them in 2002, 2010, and 2011. Had baseball season tix for 3-4 years now as well. Also buy my bowl tix through the school but haven't been able to make one since 2007.

TCUdirtbag

Bought them in 2002, 2010, and 2011. Had baseball season tix for 3-4 years now as well. Also buy my bowl tix through the school but haven't been able to make one since 2007.
So, bottom line is you think you're more deserving of being further up in line than people who have given more to the school and been more regular season ticket purchasers? You think you're above the Priority Points system?

Is there a reason for this? I was ahead of you in line because I've held 2 football tickets for the last 4 consecutive years, have been a paid member of the Frog Club all 4 of those years, and have earned a few extra points through season parking and some other small gifts to the Frog Club. But I'm sure you deserve to be further up because you bought a season ticket in 2002, too, right? (rolls eyes)

Spike

"That is all" is a copyrighted trade dress of Steel. You are requested to cease and desist from using it, or Steel may sue your worthless butt. Communist pinko.

The Spike sez that he will continue to use that term until he grows tired of it. If the alleged Frog of Steel is unhappy about that he may accept a settlement offer in the form or BBQ at Railhead some Thursday with Spike, Face, and other good God fearing Frog Fans. If that is not acceptable to the one called Steel then sue away. But only an Aggie would bring suit when one believes the butt to be worthless. That is all.

Spike

So, bottom line is you think you're more deserving of being further up in line than people who have given more to the school and been more regular season ticket purchasers? You think you're above the Priority Points system? Is there a reason for this?

I was ahead of you in line because I've held 2 football tickets for the last 4 consecutive years, have been a paid member of the Frog Club all 4 of those years, and have earned a few extra points through season parking and some other small gifts to the Frog Club. But I'm sure you deserve to be further up because you bought a season ticket in 2002, too, right? (rolls eyes)

No, but I am better than their friends, relatives, and strangers on stub hub who have not bought season tix before. Have a nice day.

TCUdirtbag

No, but I am better than their friends, relatives, and strangers on stub hub who have not bought season tix before.
Everyone was equally affected by the +4 system. I got bumped down by those people above me who exercised the option, too. And, I exercised part of my +4 for family and friends, too. We're all playing by the same rules. You're not any more or less special than anyone else.

steelfrog

Tier 1
The Spike sez that he will continue to use that term until he grows tired of it. If the alleged Frog of Steel is unhappy about that he may accept a settlement offer in the form or BBQ at Railhead some Thursday with Spike, Face, and other good God fearing Frog Fans. If that is not acceptable to the one called Steel then sue away. But only an Aggie would bring suit when one believes the butt to be worthless. That is all.

Hot damn! Steel might just take you up on the offer! Sounds like fun.

Spike

Everyone was equally affected by the +4 system. I got bumped down by those people above me who exercised the option, too. And, I exercised part of my +4 for family and friends, too. We're all playing by the same rules. You're not any more or less special than anyone else.

No, actually the farther down the line you are the more you are effected (heck, affected even). Do the math.

ON EDIT: Got my tix. Gotta leave for a bit. All in purple have a nice day.

False. Everyone was not equally affected. I won't even get to buy reserved seats.

TCUdirtbag

False. Everyone was not equally affected. I won't even get to buy reserved seats.
The effect is proportional to your ranking. Each individual account had a +4.
If I was account #101, there would be an additional 400 seats available to be added before I select.
If I was account #1001, there would be an additional 4000 seats available to be added before I select.

I got bumped 30 yards out and about 30 rows up. That's a roughly proportional effect to someone with 1-4 points getting bumped out of reserved seats.

The proportional effect is the same on everyone. Everyone crying about their seating options also cries when there aren't enough people at games. Welcome to the big leagues, folks.

PurplePutt

No, but I am better than their friends, relatives, and strangers on stub hub who have not bought season tix before. Have a nice day.

Put your money where your mouth is or shut up and go to the back of the line!

My tickets, my money, my sacrifice to get the number of tickets I wanted to give to my family members, or to my friends, or to bums on the street if I want. And yes--if I wanted, to sell them to scalpers, on stubhub, or even burn them if I choose. For the record though, I will not sell them to anyone other than Frog fans and I doubt I do that. Pretty sure mine will all have butts in them.

I busted my [Craig James] to get to a position where I could do this. Sorry if you didn't have the bucks or weren't smart enough, hard working enough, dedicated enough, or the Frogs weren't high enough on your priority list to come up with the bucks necessary to do what I did. You sound like a entitlement baby to me.

Enjoy the crappy seats you end up with. It is your own fault and certainly not mine or anyone else's.

cdsfrog

I agreed with pretty much everything you said except this. This is simply not true. For the record plenty of people gamed and cheated the system, thousands. I for one used to the 4/3 date my relative had to pick better seats, and then also bought seats again on 4/27 to lock my spot for next year. My ranking should go from 2177 to 1300 or better next year and I am hoping to upgrade to better seats.