• The KillerFrogs

About to buy my season tix, a brief rant

geno

Another little rant, if you would indulge Steel. Steel got a new long tree [pruner last night. Not rope based, it has like a bike chain. Freaking genius! Under $40. Anyway, Steel was pruning HIGH the trees, without a ladder, WHEN THE FREAKING SUN WENT AWAY, LEAVING STEEL IN THE DARK! STEEL HAD PLENTY OF ENERGY AND "WANT TO", BUT THE SUN PUNKED OUT ON STEEL. WHY THE SUN DO THIS TO STEEL? Also, Steel do not have good night vision liek the cat and others. Why Steel has been deprived by G.O.D. of good night vision and lowly, despicable cats get sweet night vision? This makes no sense. How could G.O.D. be infallible when he/she do things such as this? That is all.

Steel do have way too much time on his hands.

ShivasFrog

Put your money where your mouth is or shut up and go to the back of the line!

My tickets, my money, my sacrifice to get the number of tickets I wanted to give to my family members, or to my friends, or to bums on the street if I want. And yes--if I wanted, to sell them to scalpers, on stubhub, or even burn them if I choose. For the record though, I will not sell them to anyone other than Frog fans and I doubt I do that. Pretty sure mine will all have butts in them.

I busted my [Craig James] to get to a position where I could do this. Sorry if you didn't have the bucks or weren't smart enough, hard working enough, dedicated enough, or the Frogs weren't high enough on your priority list to come up with the bucks necessary to do what I did. You sound like a entitlement baby to me.

Enjoy the crappy seats you end up with. It is your own fault and certainly not mine or anyone else's.

Is it late at night in Bumfukistan?

10 Key Frog

I agreed with pretty much everything you said except this. This is simply not true. For the record plenty of people gamed and cheated the system, thousands. I for one used to the 4/3 date my relative had to pick better seats, and then also bought seats again on 4/27 to lock my spot for next year. My ranking should go from 2177 to 1300 or better next year and I am hoping to upgrade to better seats.

How much of a gift to TCU did you make to gain 100+ PP? I'm ranked around 2000 with 20 points. To be at 2177 you probably had about 6 points. But my 20 points will probably only be around 30-35 points next year for a fairly similar rank or maybe up a hundred at most, but you'd have to gain 30 points just to pull up to about 1900-2000.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

My tickets, my money, my sacrifice to get the number of tickets I wanted to give to my family members, or to my friends, or to bums on the street if I want. And yes--if I wanted, to sell them to scalpers, on stubhub, or even burn them if I choose. For the record though, I will not sell them to anyone other than Frog fans and I doubt I do that. Pretty sure mine will all have butts in them.

I busted my [Craig James] to get to a position where I could do this. Sorry if you didn't have the bucks or weren't smart enough, hard working enough, dedicated enough, or the Frogs weren't high enough on your priority list to come up with the bucks necessary to do what I did. You sound like a entitlement baby to me.

Enjoy the crappy seats you end up with. It is your own fault and certainly not mine or anyone else's.

Thank you for supporting TCU.

Now, for your fairly wretched attitude, may these folks sit beside you at every game courtesy of the guy who bought right before you and put his seats on StubHub
texas-longhorns-fan_display_image_display_image.jpg

PurplePutt

How much of a gift to TCU did you make to gain 100+ PP? I'm ranked around 2000 with 20 points. To be at 2177 you probably had about 6 points. But my 20 points will probably only be around 30-35 points next year for a fairly similar rank or maybe up a hundred at most, but you'd have to gain 30 points just to pull up to about 1900-2000.

Can't speak for CDS but a donation to the "Capitol Projects/Scholarship Endowment" will earn you 3 points per $100.00.

Trelvis

2m2c0w3.gif

PurplePutt

Thank you for supporting TCU.

Now, for your fairly wretched attitude, may these folks sit beside you at every game courtesy of the guy who bought right before you and put his seats on StubHub
texas-longhorns-fan_display_image_display_image.jpg

Man I hope not! But if that happened, it would be his fault and not mine.

And my attitude is not wretched. The wretched attitudes belong to those who expect to get what they didn't earn or pay for.

YA

That would make me part of your constituency, so no.
Capitalism, love it or leave it.

You fail to invest in the program for long periods of time and other folks did. You don't get credit for being a fan, you actually have to participate every year in buying tickets or donating to the program. Sorry life got in the way during your absence, just like it did for others, to not make the commitment to the program. Those that did participate get the rewards, those that did not do so get the leftovers.

Why is this so hard to understand?

dkfrog

You fail to invest in the program for long periods of time and other folks did. You don't get credit for being a fan, you actually have to participate every year in buying tickets or donating to the program. Sorry life got in the way during your absence, just like it did for others, to not make the commitment to the program. Those that did participate get the rewards, those that did not do so get the leftovers.

+1

When I graduated in 2008 all of my friends asked me why I was buying season tickets...I could just get in with my ID or buy single game tickets or sneak in. I told them that I was investing for the future when I would need the priority points. So, I bought two tickets, and then three, and then four, and now eight. Are my seats amazing...no, but i am between the twenties on the east side. Invest a little bit each year and you work your way into a position where you are rewarded. It is that simple...

Big Frog II

+1

When I graduated in 2008 all of my friends asked me why I was buying season tickets...I could just get in with my ID or buy single game tickets or sneak in. I told them that I was investing for the future when I would need the priority points. So, I bought two tickets, and then three, and then four, and now eight. Are my seats amazing...no, but i am between the twenties on the east side. Invest a little bit each year and you work your way into a position where you are rewarded. It is that simple...
You were wise.

PurplePutt

+1

Good job young man! As a new alum, that took some personal/financial sacrifice. Your going to be set for years to come and you will be able to upgrade your seats in the future (if you ever want to).

dweller

My only complaint about the PP system is only the last 5 years of season ticket purchases counted. The previous 25 years at 4 season tickets per year did not count. Made a huge difference in my priority points.

That said I did get tickets in the same relative area as I had, just higher up.

10 Key Frog

+1

Exactly true. I had the same thing graduating 2007 and masters in 2008. Started buying season tickets in 2009 and because of that I'm top row on the 40 yard line. Totally worth it now compared to those who started buying after the change in ID policy who are hoping for goal line seats. A couple years of tickets makes a world of difference now.

cdsfrog

Can't speak for CDS but a donation to the "Capitol Projects/Scholarship Endowment" will earn you 3 points per $100.00.

2500 to to that, Parking spot, and other tickets. 10 points is currently a 2177 ranking. 1288 was 82 points. Even if 102 is the new 1288 ranking, I should be close to that. If my employer match works on endowment gifts (denied last year for frog club gift) then I should get into the top 1100-1000.

Spike

The only thing hard to understand is when you became a fan of capitalism.

Based on your postings on the general board I would have assumed that you would be against the wealthy pushing the common man to the back of the line. If I were a more "historically underutilized" Frog Fan you would probably argue that I should be on the 50 yard line and someone else should pick up the tab. I see that since you don't like me you are comfortable with such an inconsistent position. I will remember your posts the next time you are arguing that someone is entitled to my 401k so you can buy their vote with it.

That is all.

Spike

You sir are obviously a genius, and a truly a great man among men. I can only hope that some day I can have the honor of meeting you.

PurplePutt

You sir are obviously a genius, and a truly a great man among men. I can only hope that some day I can have the honor of meeting you.

Spike, I hate ranting against you. Nothing personal. Just tired of the "me being in a situation that I created to get better or more seats" somehow took advantage of you. Nothing but your own choices kept you from doing what I did.