• The KillerFrogs

About to buy my season tix, a brief rant

Spike

Spike, I hate ranting against you. Nothing personal. Just tired of the "me being in a situation that I created to get better or more seats" somehow took advantage of you. Nothing but your own choices kept you from doing what I did.

You are so far beyond full of it.

I know you leapfrogged several people because you made a substantial gift to the school. Good for you. I came back to town in the summer of 2005, have made almost every football game and over half the baseball games since, never knew how many I was bringing. Only mistake I made was buying them on gameday or getting them through other sources. I frequently brought more than one to football. Finally started getting season tix around 2009 for baseball and 2010 for football.

Forgive me for being fiscally responsible enough to not spend money I wasn't making, and for not having the foresight to realize that the administration would some day tear down the stadium and rebuild it basically the same size. Meanwhile the season tix that I loved in 2010 would be unavailable the next year because the upper deck was demolished and I was stuck under the speaker in the new north end zone. After about 2 games of that foolishness we wandered the east side, then when the true fans who were "smart" enough to be in the 200s last year would leave about halftime I'd go sit with a friend on west side.

You obviously struggle with reading comprehension, but I never said that YOU took advantage of me. I said I was unhappy with the schools decision to allow people to buy more tickets than what they had in the past, that is all. This pushed people who had some, but not as many, priority points to be pushed out of seats in exchange for someone who happened to have an affiliation with someone. Let me repeat this slowly and I'll use small words. I am not unhappy that YOU have a better seat than I do. I am unhappy that some friend of yours, or some stranger on stubhub does.

You chose to make a sizeable donation to the school, so you could have better seats for a football game, yet somehow call it charity. I am happy for you. I did make some choices with my money, that I am more than ok with that. Besides, I won't have to sit next to your arrogant [Rod Gilmore].

TCUdirtbag

Beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

BABYFACE

Putt, one question; how come I can spend in excess of 2k a year for last 10 years and you can pass me in priority points in one year just for a one time donation?I am in 800's.

Nomo

2500 to to that, Parking spot, and other tickets. 10 points is currently a 2177 ranking. 1288 was 82 points. Even if 102 is the new 1288 ranking, I should be close to that. If my employer match works on endowment gifts (denied last year for frog club gift) then I should get into the top 1100-1000.

How do you make a donation to this specific fund?

cdsfrog

How do you make a donation to this specific fund?

Good question. Call frog club and ask them about endowments. They have a ton. You make a payment directly to said endowment. One thing to caution you on, over a rolling period this gives no more points than frog club which entitles you to benefits such as parking. Payments to endowments should be made either to result in a strategic jump in points or for the better reason because you care about that particular endowment. I unfortunately did it for the former reason, and sure as hell wish I could have done it last year. Oh well.

Last time I called their were no capital projects but LOTS of endowments to choose from.

PurplePutt

So much for lot 3 donor parking for a decade.
Frog Club Membership Years--1 point per yr, Frog Club Annual Giving--1 point per $100 per yr, Cap. Proj./Schol. Endow.--2 points per $100 per yr, Cumulative Athletics Giving--1 point per $100, Letterman (active member)--10 maximum points, Purple and White--20 maximum points, Cumulative Season--1 point per season ticket, Season Ticket Loyalty--2 points per consec. season

If you had 4 seats for 10 years you would get 40 points for cumulative seasons and you would have another 18 for season ticket loyalty.

If your parking pass was 1200 then you would get another 12 points a year or 120 points. I know lot 3 didn't cost 1200 for all those years--just an example. You would also get 10 points for being a Frog Club member for 10 years. In that example though you would have 188 points and that would put you somewhere around #800 or so.

If however you gave to the scholarship endowment you get 2 points per 100 bucks and another 1 point per 100 bucks for cumulative athletic giving. So, a 1000 bucks for a parking pass gets you 10 points and a 1000 bucks to the special projects/scholarship endowment gets you a total of 30 points.

pcf

Spike, the truth is that you could have bought your ticket or two and been a Frog Club member and it wouldn't have changed your situation very much.

The loyal couple buying a modest amount of tickets was going to be displaced and disadvantaged. It is pretty simple math. When you then let all the pickers take an extra 4, it puts a lot of inventory into play by the time you get down to normal fans.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
If number of years as loyal fan and number of games attended/tickets bought in all sports counted they would give Leap one of the west side suites.

Nomo

Good question. Call frog club and ask them about endowments. They have a ton. You make a payment directly to said endowment. One thing to caution you on, over a rolling period this gives no more points than frog club which entitles you to benefits such as parking. Payments to endowments should be made either to result in a strategic jump in points or for the better reason because you care about that particular endowment. I unfortunately did it for the former reason, and sure as hell wish I could have done it last year. Oh well.

Last time I called their were no capital projects but LOTS of endowments to choose from.

That's kind of what I thought. Thanks for the info.

HFrog1999

Honestly, I think it's pretty clear that instead of buying season tickets and supporting the Frog Club, one's money and time would've been better spent sucking up to someone in the Top 300 Priority Point holders.

suckup.jpg