• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

I've had them for a few years now and never once picked a seat number.
This was back in 2012 and I found the email:

CONGRATULATIONS - you have successfully selected your TCU Horned Frogs Football seats!

You have selected:

Full Season Seats
SECTION ROW SEAT# TICKET DONATION
129 V 17 $150 $0
129 V 18 $150 $0
129 V 19 $150 $0
129 V 20 $150 $0

Peacefrog

Degenerate
This was back in 2012 and I found the email:

CONGRATULATIONS - you have successfully selected your TCU Horned Frogs Football seats!

You have selected:

Full Season Seats
SECTION ROW SEAT# TICKET DONATION
129 V 17 $150 $0
129 V 18 $150 $0
129 V 19 $150 $0
129 V 20 $150 $0
Fake news.

Have not sat in that hell hole for years so I have no idea how they are doing it now. There appears to be a note that the top row is available for selection right now, but there is also a bunch of red around the tunnel.

atofrog

Contributor
Both scenarios are correct. As Bonner pointed out in 2012, actual seat #'s were assigned when selecting SEZ on Ballena. Since then, we updated the program to auto assign random seats and not list specific location. Too many fans thought they were guaranteed the specific seat even though SEZ was general admission.

CDSfrog is correct. We had to number each seat so we do not oversell that area.

Obviously this is not the case anymore as the SEZ will now be reserved. So the specific seat selected this year will be the reserved seat for each game.

Go Frogs!

FrogsMcGee

Both scenarios are correct. As Bonner pointed out in 2012, actual seat #'s were assigned when selecting SEZ on Ballena. Since then, we updated the program to auto assign random seats and not list specific location. Too many fans thought they were guaranteed the specific seat even though SEZ was general admission.

CDSfrog is correct. We had to number each seat so we do not oversell that area.

Obviously this is not the case anymore as the SEZ will now be reserved. So the specific seat selected this year will be the reserved seat for each game.

Go Frogs!

How are some already taken if selections haven't begun yet?

atofrog

Contributor
Funny how selections haven't even started yet, and already pieces of the SEZ are red. I'm calling shenanigans.

No shenanigans...transperancy.

Anyone that has sat in the SEZ knows that the tunnel obstructs some parts of the field. Rather than sell the seat and someone get upset about not seeing the field, the seats are blocked off. Pretty standard to avoid future problems. For verification, place your mouse on section 132 or 134 and you will see a picture from that section. The tunnel blocks the view of opposite corner if seated in one of those "red dots".

Appreciate your question/concern, but we always want to be transparent and err on side of caution for our fans.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

FrogsMcGee

Any outlook on the ballena site being improved for mobile? I'm going to be traveling at my selection time and it doesn't look like it really works on iPhone.

atofrog

Contributor
Any outlook on the ballena site being improved for mobile? I'm going to be traveling at my selection time and it doesn't look like it really works on iPhone.

I agree, it could be better on phone.
Unfortunately I don't have a good answer for this. It is something we have addressed and hope to improve. A couple of years ago, it was not even available on any mobile device. So we have made some progress.

I am told it has something to do with the amount of detail required in the software. Size makes it tough to correctly display on the phone. Although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend, I am not a programmer. I'm sure there are others on this site with much better programming skills than me. But we are trying to get the company to keep improving.

Go Frogs!

researchfrog

Ato,

I am trying to go from two back to four seats this year. If it means that my group can sit together, I'd take one of those obstructed view seats in the south endzone.

atofrog

Contributor
Ato,

I am trying to go from two back to four seats this year. If it means that my group can sit together, I'd take one of those obstructed view seats in the south endzone.

Awesome, thank you! We can probably work something out during new sales period, but not during the upgrades. Be sure you are on the wait list to add extras when this starts in mid-May. If you don't find four together at your priority selection time, give us a call and we will be happy to assist if still available.

Thanks for your support!

Go Frogs!

Bob Sugar

So what is the consensus on what is available so far? I have my eyes on about 7 different upgrades that have a shot at still being available. Obviously the hope is that if people scoop them up, they will free up some spots that are still better than what i have.

DeuceBoogieNights

So what is the consensus on what is available so far? I have my eyes on about 7 different upgrades that have a shot at still being available. Obviously the hope is that if people scoop them up, they will free up some spots that are still better than what i have.

Umm
Everyone in the same boat besides the ones picking Monday basically. On east side row X so anything closer than that is a plus but I typically pick isle seats so I limit myself a little as I don't like stepping over people. Would rather stand to let people out than step over others. Hoping to move down a couple rows depending on what's available.

cdsfrog

Yeah my young alumni rate ran out this year. Canceled both spots.

Not sure what to do in a couple years. I figure if I get club seats it won't matter as much if that actually happens on Eastside.

cdsfrog

not sure how its possible but even less decent seats left than last year after day 1 and we arent even close to done yet. Yikes

Cant even move a row closer. Oh well no biggie

Last edited:

Bob Sugar

not sure how its possible but even less decent seats left than last year after day 1 and we even close to done yet. Yikes

Cant even more a row closer. Oh well no biggie

Yeah, I have 5 so pickins are slim for more than 4 seats together. Several of the spots I was looking at are already gone. That said, I get to upgrade parking, which was my primary goal anyway.