• The KillerFrogs

2017 TCU Football Season Ticket Renewals

fwfrog

Selling tickets to TCU home games for a profit, is largely a myth. I have done it and this year I threw back 50 % of my tickets. If we suck again this year, I will throw back 50% of the rest of my tickets. I think this reflects about how valuable selling tickets on StubHub is.

givings

If you are willing to share your experience, I want to know how doable moving to better seats are?

We are in nose bleed territory (section 405) pretty far up. Only 2 years in (what was I thinking the 10 years I actually lived in Fort Worth). A few folks shared their points, rank, and 2017 selection date. Looking for a few more data points:

Point Rank Date
128 2484 4/21/2017
226 1972 4/19/2017
560 1146 4/17/2017

netty2424

If you are willing to share your experience, I want to know how doable moving to better seats are?

We are in nose bleed territory (section 405) pretty far up. Only 2 years in (what was I thinking the 10 years I actually lived in Fort Worth). A few folks shared their points, rank, and 2017 selection date. Looking for a few more data points:

Point Rank Date
128 2484 4/21/2017
226 1972 4/19/2017
560 1146 4/17/2017
Donate a vidjeaboard. You'll get a few points that way.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Point Rank Date
128 2484 4/21/2017
226 1972 4/19/2017
560 1146 4/17/2017
Because of team's success will be harder to move to better seats next year than it was this year. Or donate a vidjeaboard.

tcumaniac

Point Rank Date
128 2484 4/21/2017
226 1972 4/19/2017
560 1146 4/17/2017

Depends what your ultimate goal is.

I would absolutely despise sitting in the 400s. So far up. You feel so removed from the game.

If you consider somewhere on the east side an upgrade, that should be pretty obtainable.

If you're wanting to move to a lower section on the west side, you're likely out of luck.

Just not many obtainable options.

First, You have the scarcely attended West side lower bowl right behind the team bench-best seats in the house. Upon first glance, you would think this section might be a mini gocart track, as the rows are wide enough to drive golf carts down. Not true. You may also think that a majority of these seats are available to buy. Also not true. They're actually owned by people sitting in suites or clubs seats that have no intentions of actually using them. If you're a client that doesn't care about tcu football, you may have a shot of being offered a pair, but more often than not, they just go unused. These seats will never be obtainable.

200 level. A majority of this level is a mini country club. This is for people who have country club memberships, but also want to experience a country club atmosphere at football games too. Great location relative to the field, but unfortunately this location goes to waste as most club seaters spend their time away from the elements socializing and eating underwhelming hors d'erves inside, and away from the game. If this is your cup of tea, get in line and be prepared to make a huge donation.

Also on the 200 level is a gygantic gap of empty space on either side of the 20. This giant waste of space is used to separate the club seaters from the peasants.

Then you have about 100 seats on each side of the stadium in the 200 level between endzone and the giant gap. Good luck getting one of these. Haha.

Next you have the 300 level. These are decent seats, but they're pretty high up. For context, they're above the press box. Wouldn't want you to have better seats than the P.A. Announcer would we? This section is like 7 rows big, so good luck finding a seat open up in this section.

Then you have the 400 section. Where you are. This provides great views of the city sky line (not so much of the game though). Make sure to bring your binoculars and oxygen tank.

After that, your only other option not called the endzone is to come over and fry on the East Side with second class fans like me. Don't worry though. This section is great for meeting fans from the other team, as many of the fans on the west side also own seats on the east side that they sell to opposing fans on stubhub.

Hope this helps. Go frogs.

Purp

I would absolutely despise sitting in the 400s. So far up. You feel so removed from the game.

If you consider somewhere on the east side an upgrade, that should be pretty obtainable.

If you're wanting to move to a lower section on the west side, you're likely out of luck.

First, You have the scarcely attended West side lower bowl right behind the team bench-best seats in the house. Upon first glance, you would think this section might be a mini gocart track, as the rows are wide enough to drive golf carts down. Not true. You may also think that a majority of these seats are available to buy. Also not true. They're actually owned by people sitting in suites or clubs seats that have no intentions of actually using them. If you're a client that doesn't care about tcu football, you may have a shot of being offered a pair, but more often than not, they just go unused. These seats will never be obtainable.

200 level. A majority of this level is a mini country club. This is for people who have country club memberships, but also want to experience a country club atmosphere at football games too. Great location relative to the field, but unfortunately this location goes to waste as most club seaters spend their time away from the elements socializing and eating underwhelming hors d'erves inside, and away from the game. If this is your cup of tea, get in line and be prepared to make a huge donation.

Also on the 200 level is a gygantic gap of empty space on either side of the 20. This giant waste of space is used to separate the club seaters from the peasants.

Then you have about 100 seats on each side of the stadium in the 200 level between endzone and the giant gap. Good luck getting one of these. Haha.

Next you have the 300 level. These are decent seats, but they're pretty high up. For context, they're above the press box. Wouldn't want you to have better seats than the P.A. Announcer would we? This section is like 7 rows big, so good luck finding a seat open up in this section.

Then you have the 400 section. Where you are. This provides great views of the city sky line (not so much of the game though). Make sure to bring your binoculars and oxygen tank.

After that, your only other option not called the endzone is to come over and fry on the East Side with second class fans like me. Don't worry though. This section is great for meeting fans from the other team, as many of the fans on the west side also own seats on the east side that they sell to opposing fans on stubhub.

Reading this was like one of Wex's and Todd's defenses of the CFPSC.

flyfishingfrog

Has your wife begun to realize she might have made a mistake yet? Or are you only a flat out beating on this subject?